Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

im85288

Version 0.9.781 has been released to the beta repo.

This version attempts to make browsing with Theme Media enabled less aggressive by having a 2 second delay before playing.

Feedback is much appericated.

Cheers.

im85288

Using 0.9.779 I just noticed that TV show theme songs stop playing in seasons view. They only play in series and episodes views.

@@tube82 - Can you test this with 0.9.781 - it should be fixed now thanks.

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

johnodon

Hey guys.

OE v5.01

XBMB3C v0.9.781

Titan v3.2.50

Sorry if this was mentioned before but one small thing I noticed...

When resuming a movie, I get 2 popups to resume.  It appears as if the first is a product of the plugin and the second is a product of Kodi itself.  Is this expected?

Also, if I stopped the movie at the 8 minute mark, the first popup will show a resume time of 00:08 while the second popup shows 0:08:23.

John

Edited by johnodon

marcelveldt

Hey guys.

OE v5.01

XBMB3C v0.9.781

Titan v3.2.50

Sorry if this was mentioned before but one small thing I noticed...

When resuming a movie, I get 2 popups to resume.  It appears as if the first is a product of the plugin and the second is a product of Kodi itself.  Is this expected?

Also, if I stopped the movie at the 8 minute mark, the first popup will show a resume time of 00:08 while the second popup shows 0:08:23.

John

Yeah, you need to set the native XBMC item action to "play" or "resume".

Settings --> Video --> File lists --> Default select action --> resume

• Like 1

I'm trying to use mb3 kodi on rPi2 openelec.

When i installed stable build it did not work with errors, don't know what, but it did not connected to server at all, but beta does connect, but i can't see tocntent of my libraries. I tried both media browser confluence and titan skins. It works ok in default kodi confluence skin. Obviously user experience with default kodi skin is not great.

Also sometimes when i open library shows it shows content on different library (moviesSD).

Maybe it is just skin issue, but it does have this same behavior in two different skins.

BTW kodi log uploader does not seem to work on this system :/

If you would like some more help from me debugging this just ask. I think this might be quite popular platform for mb3.

I hope i attached correct logs.

I tried to create new log files that will contain just restart of open elec and my trying to open one library and not seeing any content. But I'm not sure how exactly openelec logfiles work and when it creates new archive.

[log deleted]

Edited by Evlo

marcelveldt

I'm trying to use mb3 kodi on rPi2 openelec.

When i installed stable build it did not work with errors, don't know what, but it did not connected to server at all, but beta does connect, but i can't see tocntent of my libraries. I tried both media browser confluence and titan skins. It works ok in default kodi confluence skin. Obviously user experience with default kodi skin is not great.

Hi, I've just uploaded a new beta version of the MediaBrowser addon to the repo, version 0.9.784.

While investigating your log I found some unicode (special characters) errors which are now fixed.

Can you try it again ? BTW: you can disable debug logging as it will affect performance a lot.

Just one more question: Are you using recent version of the MediaBrowser server ?

• Like 1

Thank you for looking into it.

I updated plugins (media browser is now at 0.9.785), tried it again and it behaves the same. Well, guess i just have weir stuff in library :)

Yes, i have latest version of media server (official release channel), Version 3.0.5490.2 .

(also i'm now getting error "url error: sqliteexception" on playback, in lower left corner, but it is probably unrelated and not in this log)

0xc3 seems to be from ghost in the shell so probably some Japanese

And i guess 0xe2 is from something in shows with Japanese name too

It seems that there are still some lines not read as utf8/unicode (or maybe encode as utf8 twice?). Hope it helps.

0:42:14 T:2834297920   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DataManager.py", line 170, in run
                                                cacheValidatorString = self.dataManager.getCacheValidatorFromData(self.dataManager.cacheDataResult)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DataManager.py", line 77, in getCacheValidatorFromData
                                                self.logMsg("getCacheValidatorFromData : RawData  : " + dataHashString, level=2)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DataManager.py", line 31, in logMsg
                                                xbmc.log("MB3 DataManager -> " + msg.encode('utf-8'))
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 791: ordinal not in range(128)

ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DataManager.py", line 173, in run
                                                jsonData = DownloadUtils().downloadUrl(self.dataManager.dataUrl, suppress=False, popup=1)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DownloadUtils.py", line 479, in downloadUrl
                                                self.logMsg(link, level=2)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DownloadUtils.py", line 40, in logMsg
                                                xbmc.log("XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> " + msg.encode('utf-8'))
                                        UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 479: ordinal not in range(128)

14:25:47 T:2725241920   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-4:
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RandomItems.py", line 54, in run
                                                self.updateRandom()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RandomItems.py", line 175, in updateRandom
                                                self.logMsg("RandomMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Plot  = " + plot, level=2)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RandomItems.py", line 44, in logMsg
                                                xbmc.log("XBMB3C RandomInfoUpdaterThread -> " + msg.encode('utf-8'))
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 121: ordinal not in range(128)

14:25:47 T:2734683200   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-3:
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RecentItems.py", line 54, in run
                                                self.updateRecent()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RecentItems.py", line 184, in updateRecent
                                                self.logMsg("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".CriticRatingSummary  = " + criticratingsummary, level=2)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/RecentItems.py", line 44, in logMsg
                                                xbmc.log("XBMB3C RecentInfoUpdaterThread -> " + msg.encode('utf-8'))
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 92: ordinal not in range(128)

01_KODI.log

Edited by Evlo

marcelveldt

Thank you for looking into it.

I updated plugins (media browser is now at 0.9.785), tried it again and it behaves the same. Well, guess i just have weir stuff in library :)

Yes, i have latest version of media server (official release channel), Version 3.0.5490.2 .

(also i'm now getting error "url error: sqliteexception" on playback, in lower left corner, but it is probably unrelated and not in this log)

0xc3 seems to be from ghost in the shell so probably some Japanese

And i guess 0xe2 is from something in shows with Japanese name too

It seems that there are still some lines not read as utf8/unicode (or maybe encode as utf8 twice?). Hope it helps.

New beta version 0.9.787 just uploaded to the repo with some more unicode fixes. Please try if this solves your problem.

Remember to restart kodi after applying the update.

• Like 1

If i just wait some time after opening library it actually loads, just takes a while, but there is no loading indicator.

Tough not always and behavior is all weird, like sometimes i open "movies hd" library and it shows me "show". Also i don't get any recently added etc. on the home screen.

But it seems that these issues are just specific to me.

It will take me a while to sort logs to be sure i do get errors (if any) only from latest version ...

Edited by Evlo

dark_slayer

If i just wait some time after opening library it actually loads, just takes a while, but there is no loading indicator.

You can force it to show load progress (off by default) in the MediaBrowser add-on settings. Under Services->Show Load Progress (should be 2nd from the bottom above fast processing)  Edit: Under interface not services. Second from the bottom

Edited by dark_slayer

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

This addon is fantastic. I'm using this in conjunction with a remote making json calls. The addon is not capturing from media browser some data like cast, tagline and votes. Those return empty but the information is in the Media Browser. The rest of the information is comming correctly.

I'm using the latest beta addon and also the latest media browser server.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

• 2 weeks later...
bishop

It's not in the immediate plans or even on the todo list at the moment.

Is this still the case, im85288? I'd love to see SSL integration as everybody that connects to my MB3 shares uses Kodi and I'd like that extra layer of security.

im85288

Is this still the case, im85288? I'd love to see SSL integration as everybody that connects to my MB3 shares uses Kodi and I'd like that extra layer of security.

Currently yes, I do expect we will add it in time though just no set date/schedule due to the majority of usage being within the same domain/network and our current focus on other areas.

e123enitan

Hi Bishop, I am curious to know how to connect remote Kodi to MB3, this would be great knowledge to know as I wish to connect to my MB3 server through my laptop which host Kodi, this would come handy when I travel soon.

Does any one have I deas or documents or thread where this issue have been addressed.

Thanks

Angelblue05

@@e123enitan I'm currently doing this to connect to my brother's remote server via Kodi.

If you are already using Kodi to connect locally, you can either change the configs in the add-on or setup a seperate Kodi profile to use when you are accessing remotely.

The setup is fairly simple. In the add-on configuration, the primary server address should be your external ip or domain address. Under the network tab, enable Play from HTTP instead of SMB. You will also need to adjust the video quality to something reasonable. I have mine set up to 1.3 Mpbs HD. You might need to adjust this to have a better playback performance when away. Everything else should be setup as usual :)

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Thanks I will give it try, pardon me with another question my WOL works locally, but I can get to come off sleep mode when I try to connect remotely, unless my server is keep on always. Any ideas what may have prevent the system from waken up?

Cheers!

cbarks

Hey I'm a noob to Kodi/Mediabrowser so pardon is my question is redundant/dumb.  In my setup on Amazon Fire TV I put in my ip address (also tried 127.0.0.1) in primary server address, enabled play from http instead of SMBand and adjusted the video.  I checked the repos/addon and everything is enabled.  Using Media Browser Conflunce Helix skin, when I click Mediabrowser  on Home Menu I get empty folder.  Are there other steps I need to take?  Wasn't sure is I had to add Tv shows to Kodi Library with Genesis, but still nothing.

thanks for your help

Angelblue05

@@cbarks

If your Media Browser server and Amazon Fire TV are on the same network, play from HTTP instead of SMB should remain disabled and you should be able to leave the default video speed.

With the Media Browser Confluence Helix skin, the media folders you've setup in your server should appear automatically on the Home menu. If nothing is populating when you click on Mediabrowser, it usually means that the add-on is unable to connect to your server. Would you be able to upload a log following this post? http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks, it should help us figure out what's happening for sure :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

Hey I'm a noob to Kodi/Mediabrowser so pardon is my question is redundant/dumb. In my setup on Amazon Fire TV I put in my ip address (also tried 127.0.0.1) in primary server address, enabled play from http instead of SMBand and adjusted the video. I checked the repos/addon and everything is enabled. Using Media Browser Conflunce Helix skin, when I click Mediabrowser on Home Menu I get empty folder. Are there other steps I need to take? Wasn't sure is I had to add Tv shows to Kodi Library with Genesis, but still nothing.

thanks for your help

Are you running media browser server on a machine in your LAN ? You need to enter that machines ip address Because the server is required and as it does run on android it defiantly won't work with 127.0.0.1 Edited by Vidman

cbarks

I'm running media brower as a kodi addon.  I changed it back to my ip address.  I think the problem is with my media folders.  But I thought I could play back content from Kodi through Media Borwser 3 using a separate device. Am I wrong?

kodi.log