Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

e123enitan

Sorry for this possibly stupid question...but where is this beta located?

I assume it is not the same as http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-beta-repo/repository.xbmb3c-1.0.301.zip

Thanks all I tried all suggestion porposed yet the scrip error persist, I give up as I have spend over 10hrs on this issue with no positive results

I just leave with script erro, which I think is due to Titan skin, why? I don't get this issue when I change skin to confluence.

Once the stable skin is avalable and xbmb3 repo is stable  I will revisit or when I have a spare time  

marcelveldt

Thanks all I tried all suggestion porposed yet the scrip error persist, I give up as I have spend over 10hrs on this issue with no positive results

I just leave with script erro, which I think is due to Titan skin, why? I don't get this issue when I change skin to confluence.

Once the stable skin is avalable and xbmb3 repo is stable  I will revisit or when I have a spare time  

You're using the stable Titan skin (2.1.15) with beta XBMB3c.... I think that the problem is in there.

Please also switch to beta Titan skin (you have 2 versions in your addons available) or install the stable XBMB3C addon..

Another possibility is to wait a few days as there will be pushed a new stable version in a couple of days

Angelblue05

I forgot to mention this earlier: I'm seeing the XBMB3C twice in the disabled add-on list, when disabled. I know we had the same problem recently, with the Enabled section. Since it's not really a problem, I'm just posting this here so you guys can fix it whenever.

546fb12d99fdb_Doubledisplay.jpg

Angelblue05

With the new beta version 0.9.717, it broke the progress we did with the profiles (it's reporting to the wrong MBS account, again). Episodes are also not being marked as watched or rather, they are being marked under the wrong profile. Reverted back to 0.9.713 for now.

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

With the new beta version 0.9.717, it broke the progress we did with the profiles (it's reporting to the wrong MBS account, again). Episodes are also not being marked as watched or rather, they are being marked under the wrong profile. Reverted back to 0.9.713 for now.

I'll check this right away. Seems that the beta version you had before wasn't checked in to the main branch, will let you know later on

im85288

I'll check this right away. Seems that the beta version you had before wasn't checked in to the main branch, will let you know later on

This cannot be true, we only build once checked in to the main branch. You can see the tagged versions here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi/tags

marcelveldt

This cannot be true, we only build once checked in to the main branch. You can see the tagged versions here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi/tags

OK, I'll check it out in a few minutes and do a diff on both versions.The last check in was by me so just maybe I did something wrong ;-)

marcelveldt

I found the issue and will provide a new beta within an hour as I'm currently also working on some more error handling in the addon.

Thanks for reporting this and I'll let you know when the new beta is available to test.

marcelveldt

New version is available (version 0.9.718) on the repo with the fixes for the watchedprogress (merged back in), some more errorhandling and safety checks and support for strm files in library.

• Like 1

im85288

Cool, strm support will be appreciated by many kodi users.

Edited by im85288

marcelveldt

Cool, strm support will be appreciated by many kodi users.

Yeah, Luke added the support a while back serverside and the addon required just a few changes in the code so great stuff.

Been testing it today with netflixbmc addon and working great, have my favourite netflix shows in my main tvshows all at one place, the wife happy too :-)

See this post if you want to test the strm support:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13818-new-feature-add-strm-files-to-your-library-for-external-addons/

e123enitan

So soon I just installed 9.717, do I need to uninstalled this version, then install 9.718? or will be auto update by XBMC?

marcelveldt

So soon I just installed 9.717, do I need to uninstalled this version, then install 9.718? or will be auto update by XBMC?

If you are on the beta repo it will just auto update.

Angelblue05

@@marcelveldt I've just installed 0.9.718. The profile switch is still not solved, I'm afraid :/ It doesn't detect the switch of profile/MBS account. It remains on the account XBMC loaded with.

@@xnappo, @@im85288 and @ : Just wanted to make you aware of this post since the issue no longer revolves around the latest version. I know you guys are busy integrating the latest features like Media Connect. If a fix for the profile switch is included, please disregard...

Version: MBS beta 3.0.5441.2, XBMB3C 0.9.713 to 718

Edit: I don't know what's happening but I'm on version 0.9.713 and it's not working either. Did I just not realize it was broken in previous version? :(

Could the access token be the reason why it's not working as intended? I see the user switch in the logs but it still reports to the wrong account. The only thing I find weird is the same access token is used for both users. I've attached my log, just in case. To makes things easier, first profile loaded was Smiley, second was AngelnDaniel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqopxwq28sb8aw6/xbmc2_11-25-2014.txt?dl=0

Second edit: I'm quite certain it's the access token not being refreshed when the profile switch happens. The username and user ID always reflects the correct profile/MBS account in the logs. I've tested by restarting XBMC and then it had a different/correct access token for the first profile loaded.

18:15:07 T:3344  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : 88b5c9930b17ea42b70ec356b67f7862UserName: Smiley
18:15:07 T:3344  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken : cc136de7f76b4d66a48789a18bf70628 
18:15:43 T:3344  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : 6a9cb6714653c32997a4ef3d56a13743UserName: AngelnDaniel
18:15:43 T:3344  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken : cc136de7f76b4d66a48789a18bf70628 

@@Luke : I just wanted to make you aware of this potential problem with the latest beta version of Media Browser Server.

After further investigation, it seems the server returns the wrong access token with the latest beta update of the server. Reverting to the previous MBS version seems to fix this, but this is not a solution. Luke clarified what's happening in the following post. Hope this helps narrow down the issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

the server isn't returing the wrong access token. there's only one call to authetnicate in that xbmc log, so as far as the server is concerned, the first user was always the one logged in

im85288

@@Angelblue05 - great work again in analysing the problem, a lot of users could learn a lot from your approach (now if only I could convince you to upload your logs in the format shown in my signature  ;)  - it makes it much easier to read by colour coding things).

Can you give 0.9.719 a try and you will also notice the addon name has changed from XBMB3C to Media Browser.

• Like 2

saitoh183

(now if only I could convince you to upload your logs in the format shown in my signature  ;)  - it makes it much easier to read by colour coding things).

Problem is the Log file is to big dropbox is the only way to go :)

im85288

Ah yes I see what you mean, I was not actually referring to the part where you turn debug on in Kodi..more just the upload method used which provides a link. Works well and honestly it does make reading the logs easier on the eyes :)

saitoh183

Just tried with version 0.9.720

still the same issue

08:58:50 T:3140  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : 2f68b127e5384f20d04da8c4c05366dbUserName: Sissi
08:58:50 T:3140  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken : 7381e220b9134edeaac03b6f44b6c5d6
08:58:14 T:2572  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : f6c51e6fd330e59d16f4cc52886702e1UserName: Saitoh
08:58:14 T:2572  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken : 7381e220b9134edeaac03b6f44b6c5d6

http://tny.cz/dc32d30a

im85288

Thanks, please try again with 0.9.721, I added extra info to the logging if things are still not working correctly.

• Like 1

saitoh183

Thanks, please try again with 0.9.721, I added extra info to the logging if things are still not working correctly.

Waiting for it to appear in repo :)

saitoh183

You da man!

10:07:12 T:3720  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : 2f68b127e5384f20d04da8c4c05366dbUserName: Sissi
10:07:12 T:3720  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken for user : Sissi token: 90c7238968764938ad8fbd4a78f37668
10:05:56 T:4620  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved UserID : f6c51e6fd330e59d16f4cc52886702e1UserName: Saitoh
10:05:56 T:4620  NOTICE: XBMB3C DownloadUtils -> DownloadUtils -> Returning saved AccessToken for user : Saitoh token: 7381e220b9134edeaac03b6f44b6c5d6

Angelblue05

I also confirm that it is now working im85288! Cheers! :D

For the logs, I will try something different in future posts, for the color coding. I've checked your signature link.  I will also take note that XBMB3C is now called MediaBrowser. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1