Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

dark_slayer

Believe it or not, I have a beta discussion post coming now !!

Is "Play from HTTP instead of SMB" broken/working?

On the latest beta, but haven't had Play from HTTP working before. It's the first day I've ever tried, so not sure the culprit just yet

Edit: sorry logs didn't attach first time (forgot to click the button :) )

log-2014-12-31-20.34.10.zip

Edited by dark_slayer

b0dyr0ck2006

What Seems to be happening is I click from Movie List -> Movie info, Then back out from the Movie info -> Movie List is doesnt display the movie title list again, I have to blind backup to the main screen. This is what is shown at the end of the video before it finishes.

Ive updated everything to the newest versions but still getting this blank return on exiting from info. Any Ideas? This seems to only happen on the Raspberry Pi, I have a test system on my PC and it all works fine

EDIT:

So Its just the Coverflow view that does this, all other views work fine.

Edited by b0dyr0ck2006

im85288

Ive updated everything to the newest versions but still getting this blank return on exiting from info. Any Ideas? This seems to only happen on the Raspberry Pi, I have a test system on my PC and it all works fine

EDIT:

So Its just the Coverflow view that does this, all other views work fine.

The Coverflow view has quite a bit of animation going on so it could just be the Pi does not have the power for it. Can you please post any skin  issues/questions in the appropriate thread and leave this one only for discussions/issues with the addon.

dark_slayer

Is "Play from HTTP instead of SMB" broken/working?

On the latest beta, but haven't had Play from HTTP working before. It's the first day I've ever tried, so not sure the culprit just yet

This was my first attempt at setting up a dedicated xbmb3c instance outside my Lan. I'd tried it out on my phone long ago using my external IP, but many changes have occurred since

The process went fairly smooth, and artwork began populating a little slower but quickly enough (fresh install no cache). Then whichever setting I chose for the "play from http" toggle didn't work - neither on nor off would initiate playback. I had the max bitrate down at about 2 I believe (they have kind of slow DSL)

im85288

0.9.765 is now available. There are minimal changes in this one:

1. Assure Next Up is updated when playback stopped.

2. Update Image(s)  after marking watched/unwatched with fast data activated.

im85288

0.9.766 is now available.

This assures searches are restricted to the logged on user.

0.9.766 is now available.

This assures searches are restricted to the logged on user.

@@im85288

Results with 0.9.766:

Search through 1080XF skin: content is censored based on UserID

Search through Video add-ons->mediabrowser->search: no results, occasional script failed error

im85288

@@im85288

Results with 0.9.766:

Search through Video add-ons->mediabrowser->search: no results, occasional script failed error

On it thanks, try 0.9.767 and all should be censored :)

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

Results with 0.9.767:

Search through Video add-ons->mediabrowser->search: content is censored based on UserID

All good, thank you very much!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
denethor

I have a new request:

Is there any way for to making other Kodi Add-ons think that MB Library as a Kodi Video Library?

Let me give you a example. There is an addon called "Movie Quiz" Once you start that add-on It says "To play movie quiz you must have some movies or TV Shows in your video library. See the XBMC wiki..." or some thing like that.

xnappo

I don't think so with this addon.  There has been talk about developing a new app (not this addon) that syncs the Kodi and MB3 database in the background, but no one has started work on it.

Edited by xnappo

im85288

I have a new request:

Is there any way for to making other Kodi Add-ons think that MB Library as a Kodi Video Library?

Let me give you a example. There is an addon called "Movie Quiz" Once you start that add-on It says "To play movie quiz you must have some movies or TV Shows in your video library. See the XBMC wiki..." or some thing like that.

I remember seeing that addon for Kodi along with some related quiz things in the Cinema Experience addon. A better way to handle this hear would be for someone to write a server plugin that does it. Perhaps you can post it in the feature requests section to see if anyone would be interested in creating it.

xnappo

0.9.771 is on the way to the repo - fixes user collection access to sorting (native) and some internal code changes.

[EDIT] Oops - left in a debug statement - so 0.9.772 now

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

A new beta is on the way 0.9.774 with some improvements from @null_pointer:

- Reduced popups out of the box - may help with resume from suspend too

- More responsive shutdown

- Better path detection logic (may help with direct play vs. transcode issues - please test!)

- More services optional

• Like 1

im85288

Bumped to version 0.9.775 with a slightly less abrupt Theme Media transition

pünktchen

A new beta is on the way 0.9.774 with some improvements from @null_pointer:

- Reduced popups out of the box - may help with resume from suspend too

- More responsive shutdown

- Better path detection logic (may help with direct play vs. transcode issues - please test!)

- More services optional

Still have problems with annoying Dialog().ok popups after suspend :(

It is in line 527 of DownloadUtils.py! I always have to change it to something like this:

xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Mediabrowser", self.getString(30204), xbmcgui.NOTIFICATION_INFO, 1000)

Also it would be nice,

if someone could expand the wiki with an explanation what all these services in the addon configuration are good for?!

tired dad

My machine updated the Mediabrowser plugin to 0.9.770 and I lost all my settings (went back to default skin, et cetera).

I take it this is not normal?  :)

To clarify: Kodi loaded my old skin, logged me in to one account, and then the Titan Skin updated (and I take it, Kodi, because it use to say 0.9.4xx?).  When I quit (to go to another profile, the logout button never appears at the bottom for me even though I added it) and logged back in, BOOM! Back to Confluence and the default seettings.

Edited by tired dad

Angelblue05

@@tired dad

I'm trying to understand what you describing, so here's 2 following questions:

1. Are you saying when you log back into your account, which you've set up the way you wanted, it "reverts" back to default settings?
  2. Are you saying when you switch users, the same settings are not displayed?

For question #2, if it's the case, Kodi profiles are independent. If you set up something on account X, account Y will not be affected. If you are looking to use the same skin and settings, across all profiles, I would suggest setting up your main profile the way you want it. Then, create new profiles and when it prompts you with "Star with fresh settings or copy from default?" you will say copy default. That way, you don't have to do redo your modifications for each profile/user.

tired dad

@@tired dad

I'm trying to understand what you describing, so here's 2 following questions:

1. Are you saying when you log back into your account, which you've set up the way you wanted, it "reverts" back to default settings?
  2. Are you saying when you switch users, the same settings are not displayed?

For question #2, if it's the case, Kodi profiles are independent. If you set up something on account X, account Y will not be affected. If you are looking to use the same skin and settings, across all profiles, I would suggest setting up your main profile the way you want it. Then, create new profiles and when it prompts you with "Star with fresh settings or copy from default?" you will say copy default. That way, you don't have to do redo your modifications for each profile/user.

It was the firrst issue (losing the settings), although now I am thinking that maybe the Titan skin that @@marcelveldt makes had something to do with this issue as the skin went from version 3.3. to 3.36 BETA when I lost my settings.  Then it updated to 3.39 in a period of about ten minutes.

I realize other profiles have differnt settings, I actually use that feature.  My writing was inelegant: what I meant for swtching to the other profiles was that I am unable to do so from the row of icons at the bottom, the logout button never shows.  It was an aside, that why I had it in parantheses, but I guess it only served to muddy the waters :-)

Of course,, now that I have written the above sentence, Titan 3.39 actaully does show the logout icon and it works and so do the settings that were stored previously.  Colour me confused, but I'm glad it sorted itself out.

Edited by tired dad
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

My machine updated the Mediabrowser plugin to 0.9.770 and I lost all my settings (went back to default skin, et cetera).

I take it this is not normal? :)

To clarify: Kodi loaded my old skin, logged me in to one account, and then the Titan Skin updated (and I take it, Kodi, because it use to say 0.9.4xx?). When I quit (to go to another profile, the logout button never appears at the bottom for me even though I added it) and logged back in, BOOM! Back to Confluence and the default seettings.

See my answer in the titan skin thread. I'm afraid you experienced the dissapearing guisettings.xml issue in kodi. There are posts about that on the kodi forum. Happens very rarely and only with a select number of users, as I recall windows only. Just to be safe make a backup of the file for if it happens to you again.

Btw, this is a kodi issue, not related to the addon or skin.

• Like 1

Using 0.9.779 I just noticed that TV show theme songs stop playing in seasons view. They only play in series and episodes views.

• Like 1

Dezzorex

Awesome add-on! Beta works almost perfect for me (except the 5 min wait for stuff to reload during user switching)

Would it be possible to get an option to set Series/Season poster as episode thumb during playback? The setting that sound similar today only uses the poster in the list view and not during playback. I use Yatse on Android as a remote for Kodi, and poster would be so much better.

If its not desireable to have as an option, I could try to mod it myself, but then tips for what lines sets the thumb would be awesome.

Keep up the good work.