Xbox One

swhitmore

garyw383

I can't access the MB server dashboard. I get an error about invalid application

Put 'http://' in front.

Hi

I am getting "Cannot connect to the website"

Can you confirm the correct address is ....

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html

Thanks

Edited by garyw383

trooper11

I take back everything negative I said about this! I was able to fix my audio issues in both XBMC and MBT / WMC by adjusting what audio formats were being sent to the xbox. I don't know why leaving DTS on with a dolby audio signal seemed to mess it up, but when I only enabled Dolby in both programs, all audio tested so far works.

Also, all stuttering issues I've encountered seemed to be short lived. a pause and play of the media seemed to fix it, maybe it's my local network going downhill

Great to hear that.  So what audio format did you have to set your htpc to?

Deihmos

Hi

I am getting "Cannot connect to the website"

Can you confirm the correct address is ....

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html

Thanks

Replace localhost with the the local IP address of the server.

zachmo826

Great to hear that.  So what audio format did you have to set your htpc to?

I only have Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus enabled in LAV and XBMC. Seems to still make WMC, MBT and XBMC all output surround sound. Still messing around with some local files to test

ramrod215

So you only bitstream Dolby stuff and pc decodes DTS and pass it. So is your xbox one set to DTS or 5.1 uncompressed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

zachmo826

@ramrod 215 My xbox is set to 7.1 uncompressed. I've tested this out on a few different Dolby Digital and DTS audio sources and all checks out. Getting sound in all speakers as expected. I'm thinking LAV is decoding the DTS audio before sending it to the xbox. Finally figured this out by looking at the xbox sound properties in windows and saw it only supports Dolby Digital with the Beta option on in the xbox settings. 

Getting sound in all speakers as expected. I'm thinking LAV is decoding the DTS audio before sending it to the xbox.

Pretty sure LAV just bitstreams it. It doesn't decode anything as far as I know. Leaves that up to the receiver. And the xbox basically as far as I can tell just takes that audio and passes it through via PCM.

ramrod215

I found a workaround for the freezing but it will only help closing media center. I can't figure out for the life of me why it freezes if you pause or stop video. HDMIYO with turn of and turn on your video card quickly and it will bring it back to life when closing media center. Sometimes it take a couple presses of the key commands

trooper11

Just a small note about using MB3 server client via IE on the X1.  I have noticed consistently that when I choose a video to play, it will play that video automatically.  But if I try to do the same on my desktop IE11, it does not auto play, waiting for me to hit the play button on the small window that pops up.

Now I remember you guys saying that you had to add that little pop up window precisely because IE would not allow for the auto play function.  Well it appears that IE on the X1 does not have that limitation as it just starts playing.

Also, it would seem that installing the google codec is no longer necessary since again (even though I get prompted every time I play a video that I should install it), IE on the X1 can playback everything just fine. 

if you get prompted everytime then it appears they do not support the localStorage api, which is unfortunate. 

techywarrior

Xbox One browser is almost identical to IE10 on the desktop, same codec support for video and audio. Testing (not by me) shows that the browser does support local storage.

The webm codec isn't required to use MB on IE10/11 on the desktop, Luke just added the popup because transcoding to webm seemed to be faster then transcoding to h264.

No I added it because good ol' IE doesn't like our mp4 streams right now. We're working on solve that. In the meantime, the webm plugin is a workaround. The fact that videos play on the xbox probably means different decoders are being utilized.

trooper11

if you get prompted everytime then it appears they do not support the localStorage api, which is unfortunate. 

Oh no, it only shows up once , it does not show up again while I'm in that browsing session.  I'm talking about if I close IE and/or restart the pc, I am prompted once the first time I am back into IE accessing the server.

This is the same behavior on the desktop IE11 and the X1.

The fact that IE on the X1 auto plays files while desktop IE11 does not, tells me it definitely has something different going on.

Edited by trooper11

swhitmore

Microsoft codename 'Threshold': The next major Windows wave takes shape - ZDNET

The Xbox One OS, Windows 8.x OS and Windows Phone 8 OS already share a common Windows NT core. As we've heard before, Microsoft is working to deliver a single app store across its myriad Windows platforms. Company officials also are laboring to make the developer toolset for all three of these platforms more similar.

Hopefully we won't have to wait until 2015 for Xbox One apps. It looks like they are getting serious about unifying the different platforms though. Interesting times ahead!

trooper11

Yeah, hopefully they are able to get things rolling for the X1 next year in that department. They need to avoid delays at all costs.

• 2 months later...
trooper11

Some news on the media front for those us wanting to use a remote with the X1:

http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-one-media-remote-march-launch

I'm not interested in the remote itself, but what that shows is that we should now have a remote we can use with say a Harmony to learn controls that allow us to completely navigate the X1 dash. Maybe that is when Logitech will be adding those remote control commands to their database without us having to buy the remote and then 'teach' the commands to a Harmony remote.

swhitmore

Some news on the media front for those us wanting to use a remote with the X1:

http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-one-media-remote-march-launch

I'm not interested in the remote itself, but what that shows is that we should now have a remote we can use with say a Harmony to learn controls that allow us to completely navigate the X1 dash. Maybe that is when Logitech will be adding those remote control commands to their database without us having to buy the remote and then 'teach' the commands to a Harmony remote.

Logitech already have an Xbox controller in their database. I'm not sure if that remote has any new functions, I'll take a closer looks tonight.

Can someone make a video of the web client on xbox one?

I did try, but it didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the video capture feature in the Xbox works for apps. I'll try again tonight though.

the3kgt2

I have my Harmony 880 working with my Xbox One. It seems to do everything that this new upcoming remote can do. It does up, down, left, right, Home Menu, OneGuide, Back, etc.

trooper11

Yeah, you guys are right, I just didn't realize that the Harmony database already had full support.  I'm setting up my remote now to work with it. 

I did try, but it didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the video capture feature in the Xbox works for apps. I'll try again tonight though.

You cant use the game dvr function on anything but games unfortunately.

I'm going to try and make a video the old fashioned way as soon as I finish setting up my remote with it.