Xbox One

swhitmore

gthrift

The iOS app is very slick looking.

I'm still divided on the android app. Od course I'll have to withhold final judgement until I can actually use it with a Xbox One

Steven

Logitech working to add Xbox One launch support for Harmony remotes

While Microsoft is offering a way from Xbox One owners to control the console via the included controller or the Kinect sensor, there are some people who would like to use their expensive Harmony universal remote controls from Logitech on the console. Today, Logitech has confirmed that kind of support is indeed in the works.

According to a statement sent to Polygon by a Logitech PR rep, "We are working directly with the Xbox team at (Microsoft) to have Harmony support on Day 1 of Xbox One launch." Hopefully that means owners of the remotes that have prices between $80 and $350, depending on the model, will be able to navigate through the Xbox One's interface with their products starting on Friday. Harmony devices can already work on the Xbox 360.

Microsoft is able to support remote controls like the ones included in the Logitech Harmony brand due to its built in IR port. That's one area that Microsoft has over Sony's PlayStation 4, which does not have an IR port and therefore cannot support universal remote controls. The console also does not support the older Bluetooth remotes that were made for the PS3 console.

http://www.neowin.net/news/logitech-working-to-add-xbox-one-launch-support-for-harmony-remotes

• Like 1

ramrod215

The xbox one has explorer built in and I read it uses HTML5. So it appears that its closer to a win8 port then a specialized browser. So I am guessing we can access MB3 server via the web. I will verify after I pick it up tmr night.

• Like 1

The xbox one has explorer built in and I read it uses HTML5. So it appears that its closer to a win8 port then a specialized browser. So I am guessing we can access MB3 server via the web. I will verify after I pick it up tmr night.

Very cool. Looking forward to hearing about it.

One of the full interview/expose videos scott posted on here talks about the fact that the xb1 is actually three different operating systems under the covers and, depending on which feature you are using, it seamlessly switches between them.

So, I'm sure, one of those is basically the Win8 kernel...

swhitmore

One of the full interview/expose videos scott posted on here talks about the fact that the xb1 is actually three different operating systems under the covers and, depending on which feature you are using, it seamlessly switches between them.

So, I'm sure, one of those is basically the Win8 kernel...

Yeah it is. Apparently it's not running exactly like Windows 8 though. They have stated that WinRT apps should work straight off the bat, but some might need adjusting. I think at the moment our best bet is with @@7illusions WinRT app, but we might have to consider control via a controller, or if possible, Kinect, rather than touch or keyboard.

Edited by swhitmore

swhitmore

Yea I think Scott and 7 would be our xbox dream team  :)

excited_elf.gif

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

trooper11

Not if I get to try it out first!  :laugh:

Seriously though, if your getting it at midnight, then you will have it first.  Mine is coming from Amazon

I'm hoping that MB3 server works, that would be a great stop gap until an X1 app is possible.  I really hope it works out for you guys to do an app.  The pieces are there, its just going to take MS opening the flood gates.

Oh and anyone interested in the built in voice commands at launch, here is an image of a cheat sheet:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/microsoft2013/xboxone/launch/commandsxb1.jpg

We are only a day away now.

Edited by trooper11

ScottIsAFool

Just so you know, we had a bunch of Xbox Ones in the office today, I didn't play a single one of them :) (I'm not a gamer). Just in case there's anyone that *really* can't wait to play, I passed up the opportunity to :) 

*ducks, runs and hides*

Going to be really curious to see what this thing does when you plug in a WMC machine to it. Anybody seen anything yet? Still have an hour before I can pick mine up.

swhitmore

Going to be really curious to see what this thing does when you plug in a WMC machine to it. Anybody seen anything yet? Still have an hour before I can pick mine up.

I have mine at home downloading games. 4 more hours of work left!

I won't be plugging my HPTC in yet. Apparently surround sound doesn't pass through correctly yet.

Edited by swhitmore

I have mine at home downloading games. 4 more hours of work left!

I won't be plugging my HPTC in yet. Apparently surround sound doesn't pass through correctly yet.

From what I've read, it does pass through, just doesn't decode DD when you use the beta setting in audio. So if your AVR is doing the decoding it should be fine I think.

swhitmore

From what I've read, it does pass through, just doesn't decode DD when you use the beta setting in audio. So if your AVR is doing the decoding it should be fine I think.

Ah ok, good to know. I'll test it out this weekend.

Deihmos

I am wondering how the xbox one will work with an HTPC with WMC hooked up to the HDMI in. Will the Xbox One TV guide work? I am trying to figure this one out because if it does then the XBOne will be one awesome device.