Xbox One

swhitmore

zachmo826

I'm picking mine up after work today. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up the IR commands from the Xbox One through EventGhost on my HTPC. I'd then be able to program the voice commands to individual button presses that way.

Probably not gonna work though

swhitmore

Check out this bad boy on my home screen. (no idea how to take a screenshot)

528f78e91d90d_WP_20131122_23_21_51_Pro.j

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

swhitmore

@@swhitmore how would you compare the font sizes to mbt? all looks a little smaller across the board, no?

Yeah, I would say they are smaller. I have a 92" screen though. So small is good for me :P

ScottIsAFool

Yeah, I would say they are smaller. I have a 92" screen though. So small is good for me :P

92"? Anyone ever tell you it's not the size.... ;)

• Like 2

swhitmore

So I've tested the web UI, and it runs perfectly fine. The navigation is a little clunky with the controller, but it's usable. It definitely won't replace me using my HTPC, but in a pinch, it will do. I really hope we can get an app on here. This could be a serious game changer.

swhitmore

92"? What brand is that?

It's an Epson projector. TW9100 

Edited by swhitmore

TheWorkz

I'm supposed to get mine sometime before 3pm PST today.. I plan on hooking up my MediaCenter to see how the audio/video looks.. I'll report back when  get it.

ramrod215

I had trouble with mine last night. It kept giving me an error saying application no supported. It was wicked late so I will try again after work

ramrod215

I was able to play music through Upnp/dNLA pushing to the xbox one. I will also connect to my htpc tonight. Weird part was HDMI auto connect forced stereo sound had to set it to HDMI to get DTS or other options to stick.

swhitmore

I really expected a bunch of activity in here today.  I guess they are all playing on their new toys...

I picture sw and gc both obliterating foes and looking like Tom Cruise's character (David Sean) in the last scenes of "Taps".

Can't talk, killing shit.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don't have a Netflix account, so you can't really get far into the app without one. From what I've seen though it is a custom built one and not based on their new design they are pushing on other devices.

any pics of netflix for xbox one?

I really expected a bunch of activity in here today.  I guess they are all playing on their new toys...

I picture sw and gc both obliterating foes and looking like Tom Cruise's character (David Sean) in the last scenes of "Taps".

It's Beautiful, Man... !!

the3kgt2

More info! I demand more info!

What are the limitations of controlling WMC via Kinect? I know you can change channels using the IR blaster, but can you access the Guide and set recordings? How detailed is the STB configuration?

Xbox One has a feature where you can say "Xbox, Bing" and say "Battlestar Galactica" to search Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, InfiniTV, and Xbox Live for the show and let you play it. Can you search your Media Browser collection or your Recorded TV in WMC?

the3kgt2

Also, can you modify your TV Listings in Xbox One? I disable a lot of channels in WMC and don't want to see them in the xbox one guide.

More info! I demand more info!

What are the limitations of controlling WMC via Kinect? I know you can change channels using the IR blaster, but can you access the Guide and set recordings? How detailed is the STB configuration?

Xbox One has a feature where you can say "Xbox, Bing" and say "Battlestar Galactica" to search Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, InfiniTV, and Xbox Live for the show and let you play it. Can you search your Media Browser collection or your Recorded TV in WMC?

oh yea, we signed a special deal for day one launch. xbox searches media browser. and uses the mb3 api.

As far as I know, you would have to use a remote to still browse and search your Recorded TV folder and other things within WMC. You would just say XBox, Live TV and it would access your WMC machine. Also channel changing from what I hear works, but only if your already on live TV. So if your watching something changing the channel works. If your not, then it won't. It essentially is just pressing the channel number into the remote.

ScottIsAFool

I guess they are all playing on their new toys...

I still think I'm one of the only people at Microsoft not to have bought one :) It was very quiet in the offices today ;)