Xbox One

swhitmore

ramrod215

Its still does it :( spoke too soon it happens when I close media center. If you kill the xbox app and wait a bit then click TV it will fix it till it freezes again.

Well I haven't' seen any freezing with the Roku, however I still am only getting PCM on my receiver, so can't tell if it is properly passing through DD and DTS or not.

5291368b9f526_20131123165238.jpg

I have never used a roku. Does it pass uncompressed audio or do you transcoded from mediabrowser server?

Depends. It will direct play as much as possible. Unfortunately most of my movies are blu-rays uncompressed so their bitrate exceeds the 20 Mbps limit of the Roku. That forces a transcode. Those files that are under are direct playing and passing uncompressed audio. Just not sure if it is working properly or not because of the Xbox and how it only seems to show that it is sending PCM.

ramrod215

Yea I couldn't get xbox to show anything but PCM and DTS when you set it to DTS

Edited by ramrod215

zachmo826

I think it's always going to show PCM or DTS, the Xbox has to alter the audio feed to toss in all of it's FX, then kick it back out to the AV receiver. I think they'd have to put in an option to completely just pass through audio, which would probably fix all the problems we're seeing, but remove the xbox sounds when using the TV app. 

Gotta say this is pretty disappointing. I feel like if they're going to ask to become an integrated part of anyone's home theater, they would have fixed the audio issues before shipping. Surround sound isn't some niche feature like 4K. Can't tell you how excited I was when I was hooking all of this stuff up, only to have to undo it because I couldn't get audio and the video was too choppy. 

Edited by zachmo826

ramrod215

Lol I think I just figured out the freezing. Just to check my theory when Antone is having issues with freezing what's are you doing?

trooper11

I have found that I can use some voice commands while accessing the MB3 server interface via IE.

There are voice commands for interacting with IE that allow me to select 'links' to click. 

So I can say "click on ..."  and it will click the link.  I can actually navigate the MBS dash some.  It recognized 'click on movies' for example and would take me into that section.  I could not get it accept any movie names to clikc on though, so this is definitely not a solution. 

I know you guys have run into some issues while running devices through the xbox, but the IE option works great minus the control question.  Using the controller is tedious.  Once I can use my harmony one with the X1, I should be able to control MB via IE as well. 

swhitmore

I can't access the MB server dashboard. I get an error about invalid application

Put 'http://' in front.

ramrod215

Awesome, I kept getting invalid application also. Anyone have a HDMI detective or Dr. HDMI to keep a consent feed to the xbox one? I'm going to pick one up but it will take a week or so to get it.

trooper11

Regarding the pcm/dts pass through issues.

MS has noted that currently, the hdmi audio drive only supports passing through pcm uncompressed 5.1/7.1 .  DTS output is actually an option though, you just have to go into the settings and check the box.  It is not checked by default because that part of the software is in beta.  They will be adding all of the dts pass through support shortly via an update.  The reason the dts portion is listed beta is because apparently they have found some cable boxes that are not playing nice with it and that is being worked on.  It wouldn't shock me if that is also why some of you are seeing issues when plugging in other devices like pcs or rokus.  Hopefully the next update for this will resolve those issues.

zachmo826

@trooper11 yea that's true, but after you spend $500 on a device you preordered back in June, it's a bummer to hear the features you want are coming in a patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well passing through PCM is fine. It should still be the uncompressed audio. It just is a display thing on the receiver. The receiver should still be decoding properly.

zachmo826

Unless I'm missing something there's something else going on. When I look at the sound settings within windows itself, it shows stereo sound

TheWorkz

The works is yours freezing? When I an in the TV mode on xbox playing around with stuff on my pc like loading media browser it freezes

Sorry, have been away for a day at a a brother-in-laws house setting up his xbox one and comcast cable box. Of note; He can tune channels on his motorolla box as well as pause/play/skip/ff/rw/ his DVR..I wasnt expecting the DVR functions to work for live tv.

As far as my config, mine ended up freezing up as well and mbc started crashing. Whenever I tried to launch Media Browser after enabling it, it would crash. I could launch something manually in Windows Media Player manually and it will do passthrough fine which is when i reported success. I haven't had a chance to really go through and tweak with codec settings. I believe MB3Classic was crashing when it attempted to play its startup sound (neo).  I have just disconnected my Media Center from Xbox One and went back to directly connected to my receiver for the time being since I have too many things I need to get caught up on (Like Dr. Who 50th special). Just not enough functionality yet to make it worth connecting at this point and with the resolutions jumping around on me everytime i left live tv / and went back..

trooper11

Lol I think I just figured out the freezing. Just to check my theory when Antone is having issues with freezing what's are you doing?

If you could share your ideas, that would be helpful.  I'm interested in hearing what the problem might be related to.

@trooper11 yea that's true, but after you spend $500 on a device you preordered back in June, it's a bummer to hear the features you want are coming in a patch

I agree, its disappointing for sure.  I'm just glad they acknowledge it.

ramrod215

Mine is freezing a lot less now. I noticed in media browser if you hit stop to shutdown something it froze. If you pick play again it will start working again. Audio is still a mess thou. I have not tested with media center recordings direct from media center yet. The web play works great thou. I think it's edid issues with freezing idk about the whole stop play thing. Like I previously posted I'm picking up a hdfury Dr HDMI to test with.

AgileHumor

I'm using Windows Media Center 8 (i7/Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4000) --> HDMI Splitter -> Xbox One -> TV with no issues. 

Still waiting for my Haugpauge IR receiver cable as I was only using RF remotes in the past.   Xbox OneGuide has a Set Top Box (STB) option for "Media Center PC" :)

The only bad news is my old Kinect Extension cable doesn't work and my TV is in a different room than my Xbox...hopefully someone will build one in the next few months.

Overall, very excited by the Xbox One.

John

Edited by AgileHumor

ramrod215

Hmmm my setup is win7 ati card xfire with amd A8--> xbox --> Yamaha v371 --> pled w500 projector.

Edited by ramrod215

TheRealScottR

I have a Windows 8.1 HTPC with Ceton InfiniTV4, going to a monoprice HDMI splitter over Cat 6...

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011307&p_id=8159&seq=1&format=2

...going out to 4 different screens.

All of this talk about resoulution and surround sound issues does not sound fun.  I already have occaisional issues related to HDCP and resolution. I'm predicting  XboxOne will be an adventure with this setup.  I'll report back.  Wish me luck.

Any advice out there before I dive in?

Any advice out there before I dive in?

Unfortunately not much. Just be sure to enable the beta surround sound setting inside of Settings -> TV / One Guide -> Troubleshooting

zachmo826

I take back everything negative I said about this! I was able to fix my audio issues in both XBMC and MBT / WMC by adjusting what audio formats were being sent to the xbox. I don't know why leaving DTS on with a dolby audio signal seemed to mess it up, but when I only enabled Dolby in both programs, all audio tested so far works.

Also, all stuttering issues I've encountered seemed to be short lived. a pause and play of the media seemed to fix it, maybe it's my local network going downhill

Edited by zachmo826