Xbox One

swhitmore

the3kgt2

oh yea, we signed a special deal for day one launch. xbox searches media browser. and uses the mb3 api.

Lol i wasn't expecting an api. Just maybe the possibility to browse a cifs fileshare for media and index that within xbox one.

trooper11

sorry about not sharing more info.  I've been diving into the system pretty thoroughly.  I'll start doing some media playback tests.  If there is anything particular that people want to know, I'll try to test it. 

I'll confirm that the server client does work fine via IE.  Its a bit awkward since you have to use the controller, but it functions just fine.

There are however, voice commands for IE navigation, so I'm going to try and see if I can use that within MB3.  It seems like they created commands that were tied to some keyboard shortcuts used for IE on the pc.

As far as media apps go, I'm not subscribed to Netflix, so I can't test that.  I have used the ESPN app though. Its basically redone for the X1.  I am liking it so far.  I'll try others like Amazon since I am subscribed to that.

TheWorkz

Sooo.. Started to play around with Xbox One and Media Center..

A couple notes so far;

-There is some minor hdmi lag that is clearly visible when you attempt to move the mouse around on you mc. You may also have to resize your video cards margin settings to get it to fit properly since the xbox does its own resolution adjustments.

-I can change channels on Live TV through Xbox Guide. I have not been able to get the voice commands working yet for changing channels properly.

-I am not getting AC3 or DTS audio passthrough when running through the Xbox one. The XboxOne seems to be downsampling it to stereo or something which is dissapointing.. If someone knows of a way to change that, let me know.. I changed my audio settings on XboxOne to DTS from default (7.2) and that did not make a difference. The audio is definately changed because normally a movie would be -13 on my stereo, and through xboxone, i have to crank it up to -1. 

-You do still have to use the regular remote control for Recorded TV. Xbox does have a option to select "Media Center PC" as your receiver, but does not understand the commands for Recorded TV.

And a pic of MB3 Classic running on xboxone..

529021d627db0_IMG_20131122_192433.jpg

Not some observations, nothing scientific. :)

Edited by TheWorkz

Xzener

Anyone have a door stop yet?? Oh wait, Microsoft learned from their mistakes... Sony seemed to think it would never happen to them. ;)

-I am not getting AC3 or DTS audio passthrough when running through the Xbox one. The XboxOne seems to be downsampling it to stereo or something which is dissapointing.. If someone knows of a way to change that, let me know.. I changed my audio settings on XboxOne to DTS from default (7.2) and that did not make a difference. The audio is definately changed because normally a movie would be -13 on my stereo, and through xboxone, i have to crank it up to -1. 

I'd leave it to default over DTS. I think DTS would be changing it while the 5.1 or 7.1 is pure pass through. With that said, have you tried setting the beta audio option?

TheWorkz

I'd leave it to default over DTS. I think DTS would be changing it while the 5.1 or 7.1 is pure pass through. With that said, have you tried setting the beta audio option?

That seemed to work a lot better.. Did not see that option at first since its in a "Troubleshooting" menu. :) Thanks for the heads up.. 

That seemed to work a lot better.. Did not see that option at first since its in a "Troubleshooting" menu. :) Thanks for the heads up.. 

Yeah that option is a little buried at the moment. Hopefully they patch it in soon to just the normal settings.

ramrod215

I am getting a weird lag thou I started media browser classic now its hung on opening (use reg remote to get there) Logitech is working on support for xbox one now so hopefully we can work on off that as a work around

ramrod215

The works is yours freezing? When I an in the TV mode on xbox playing around with stuff on my pc like loading media browser it freezes

Is voice control 100% better?  What I mean by that is you don't have to repeat commands anymore till it recognizes what you mean?  Previous gen I was yelling at the 360 sometimes till it got what I said.

Also can you go into MediaBrowser and say "Top Gun", and it will now go to that movie?
Is it more instant as well...where you say something and it instantly goes there without thinking much?  Or do I just have too higher a hope :)

trooper11

Is voice control 100% better?  What I mean by that is you don't have to repeat commands anymore till it recognizes what you mean?  Previous gen I was yelling at the 360 sometimes till it got what I said.

Also can you go into MediaBrowser and say "Top Gun", and it will now go to that movie?

Is it more instant as well...where you say something and it instantly goes there without thinking much?  Or do I just have too higher a hope :)

The voice controls have been much better for me so far.  Is it 100% accurate?  No way.  Right now I would peg it at 90-95%, but again, I want to do more testing.  Also, there is no way to know if my voice and your voice will be treated the same, one of the quirks about voice control. 

When it hears you, the delay to action is very short, so that's also an improvement. 

As far as working with MB, that I still need to test.  I don't think you'll be able to do that in a slick way.  That would require a native app.  I'll see how much I can do with the IE voice commands that are available. 

ramrod215

I think I ironed out the freezing. Very strange thou if you play a movie with doubly digital it will work if you try and movie with DTS DS it will not work no audi.

ramrod215

Anyone with a roku or another type of box with a media browser app have an xbox one? I am thinking we can run that through pass through until a HTPC can run more smoothly through the HDMI pass through.

zachmo826

I think I ironed out the freezing. Very strange thou if you play a movie with doubly digital it will work if you try and movie with DTS DS it will not work no audi.

What did you have to do to fix the freezing, I'm running to the exact same issue on my end.