Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

Hello @EldontyrellcorpI will have to look at the code.  I never considered this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Vic

• Like 1

F1nchy

Hi guys, I've only just noticed this tool and it looks really good. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the very first post has a dll and zip file to download. I've put the dll into the relevant folder, but what do I do with the zip file? The second post mentions extracting and opening tool.html, but I can't see that in there? 

Thanks!

VicMoore

Hello @F1nchyIt's nice to hear from you. The Zip file is the source code for the Bulky plugin.  Just ignore it. It's included to help others learn how to write software for Emby.

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning @EldontyrellcorpI apologize for the long delay in answering your question. When I programmed Bulky, I was just learning the Emby APIs and how to build apps.  As a consequence, I didn't take your use case into consideration when writing Bulky.  I am trying to get the time to rewrite Bulky, and when I do, I will fix this problem. I greatly appreciate you pointing this omission out to me.  Users like you have provided the ideas and suggestions that have made Bulky a good program.

vic

• Like 2

F1nchy
On 1/24/2024 at 2:51 PM, VicMoore said:

Hello @F1nchyIt's nice to hear from you. The Zip file is the source code for the Bulky plugin.  Just ignore it. It's included to help others learn how to write software for Emby.

Vic

Ah ha! Thanks for clarifying! 

dandantheagent

I have seasons broken down in different folders, but want to edit all seasons at once.  What's the best way to do that? I thought I could just use Library Search, but I'm not getting any hits doing that.  What am I missing?

VicMoore

Hello @dandantheagentAre you asking if all of the season folders for all of the TV series in your library can have their metadata edited at once? Keep in mind that TV episodes can be grouped into seasons even though the actual Episodes are not grouped by folder. 

To get all of the season folders, go to the Emby library where you have all of your TV Series. Next click "Filter" and filter on "Include Item Type" and select "Seasons".  This will list all of the seasons for all of the TV series where the Seasons are put into folders.  You can now select all of these seasons and bulk edit them.

I hope this is helpful.

Vic

F1nchy

I'm looking to bulk update genres and tags on some of my movies and TV shows. I have all my media in individual files with nfo, images, etc in each folder (mostly scraped over the years from Ember Media Manager). 

When I change genres and tags using Bulky, does it write the changes back to the orginal nfo in my media folders? I've just tried changing the genre and tag on a single movie and when I look at the nfo it hasn't changed - is there a setting I need to turn on for it to write changes back to the nfo? 

Thanks

VicMoore

Bulky writes the tags and genres back to the Emby object in the Emby library.

Vic

F1nchy

Ah, ok, so if I have Emby set to not save nfo files to the media folder and it gets the info from those nfo files it won't write back to them? 

VicMoore

Sorry for the slow response.  I was away from my computer.  @F1nchy, I have never used the nfo files in Emby. I chose to use the objects in the Emby DB directly. So, I only read and write those objects. In other words, I use the EMBY API for everything.  My guess is that you are right, and Emby will not use the nfo files if you disable writing to them.

Vic

codeinconnu2

Thanks for the plugin!

You might have noticed already but the latest 4.8 update has broken the playlist management, i.e. I cannot add any movies to a playlist anymore via Bulky.

Also, a lot of filter queries with multiple conditions (e.g. has_overview==true && has_tags==false) auto-select all results. The clear all button re-selects all results. Ideally, there would be both a "select all" and a "de-select all" button

EDIT: Ah, the second issue can be solved with Shift+click. Still, "(de)select all" buttons might be nice

Edited by codeinconnu2

VicMoore

@codeinconnu2Thanks for the observations. I did not know that the playlist was not working. I will fix it asap.  I will also look at the filter.

Vic

• Agree 1

VicMoore

@codeinconnu2Thank you so much for pointing out this problem. I have discovered the cause and will fix it this weekend.  It appears that in 4.8 and above the accessToken in "Server Info" is set to null when you have more than one user. In this case, you must now use the UserId to get the accessToken properly.  

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

Hercules20
On 13/09/2023 at 18:54, normaled said:

Hey there, new user here! 

Is there a way to bulk edit the "People" metadata? I'm not seeing that field as an editable option in bulky and couldn't figure out how to do it. 

Screenshot 2023-09-13 175409.png

Hello

I'd like to start by thanking @VicMooreand everyone else for putting together Bulky. For myself, Bulky solves a quality of life issue to help organize libraries, and making them accessible in a practical and real way. I think anyone who uses Emby will agree this is a special project and can breathe life into a library.

If this People feature was already added then please disregard, but I too would like the option for Bulky to handle People as well. Perhaps I don't need it as nuanced as entering names and drilling down all the way to described roles or descriptions, but at least the option to enter the names to get that most tedious process going would be appreciated.

VicMoore

Good morning @Hercules20 You are right, I left out editing of people.   I plan to add it soon.  Currently I am working on another project. When I finish it I am going to rewrite Bulky and when I do I will include editing people. Thank you for your kind words.

Vic

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
sftech13

I have a bug. 

The tag was in all caps DISCOVERY+. I changed them all to sentence case. It doesn't work.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

sftech13

I have a bug. 

The tag was in all caps DISCOVERY+. I changed them all to sentence case. It doesn't work.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

Screenshot_20240316-150349.png

Happy2Play
55 minutes ago, Matt_Simoni said:

I have a bug. 

More of a Database issue as case changes usually are ignored.  Probably have to shutdown Emby and ensure you make a backup copy of the library.db and use any database viewer and go to the Mediaitems table then the Name column and filter to Discovery+ and edit the field.

• Thanks 2

sftech13

Awesome. Thank you for the insight. Worked great and easy. 

Screenshot_20240316-161350.png

• Like 1

ifThenERROR
On 1/4/2024 at 9:32 PM, ifThenERROR said:

Thanks for checking my issue out so quickly!

It's basically very simple. Take a library e.g. for tv shows where the shows are marked with multiple different tags. Like show I has tags A, B and C, show II has tags A, C and D, show III has tags C and D. Here I'm looking for a way to find all shows that do not contain a certain tag, like in the example find all shows without tag B. This should then list shows II and III.

For testing purpose I added a tag 'Test' which is on only one show. So the filter should find all shows except this one. I tried all searching methods for the field 'Tags' in the custom filter.

• '=', '>', and 'S' return an empty list.
  • '<' returns every show including the test entry.
  • 'E' (= exact match?), and 'C' (= contains?) return only the test entry.
  • 'N' (= not?) returns an empty list again.

So in this test case no method did show the desired result. I hope, this made clear what I'm trying to achieve. If not I'd gladly provide more infos.

Not wanting to be pushy, but is there a solution to this issue?

Happy2Play
43 minutes ago, ifThenERROR said:
On 1/4/2024 at 12:32 PM, ifThenERROR said:

Thanks for checking my issue out so quickly!

It's basically very simple. Take a library e.g. for tv shows where the shows are marked with multiple different tags. Like show I has tags A, B and C, show II has tags A, C and D, show III has tags C and D. Here I'm looking for a way to find all shows that do not contain a certain tag, like in the example find all shows without tag B. This should then list shows II and III.

For testing purpose I added a tag 'Test' which is on only one show. So the filter should find all shows except this one. I tried all searching methods for the field 'Tags' in the custom filter.

• '=', '>', and 'S' return an empty list.
  • '<' returns every show including the test entry.
  • 'E' (= exact match?), and 'C' (= contains?) return only the test entry.
  • 'N' (= not?) returns an empty list again.

So in this test case no method did show the desired result. I hope, this made clear what I'm trying to achieve. If not I'd gladly provide more infos.

Not wanting to be pushy, but is there a solution to this issue?

Are you able to filter within Emby to produce what you want?

ifThenERROR

I wouldn't know how. But even if I could, that wouldn't help much to bulk edit in the plug in.