Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

davedick

Thank you for this program.  I saw it mention in another thread in regards of giving selective access using tags.

I was able to add a tag to all seasons of a show (I added that I didn't want to see tags with X).  When I look at the TV shows, I can still see the show I put X as a tag for all seasons.  When I go into Metadata manager and add X to the root, then I don't see any mention of the show.

Is there a way to put a tag on all folders of a particular item, not just the seasons?

MatthieuM

Thank you for this plugin.

I am trying to bulk edit a set of videos for "3D format:" but I cannot locate this same metadata in the "Bulky" utility.
Is it perhaps not supported ?

Emby proposes the following options for the "3D Format" metadata:
HSBS / HTAB / FSBS / FTAB / MVC

Thank you.

Emby_3DFormatOptions.png

Edited by MatthieuM

feerlessleadr

Hi - thanks so much for the plugin. 

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I would like to bulk update tags for a number of songs, but I'm not really clear on how to do that. 

When I go into my Music library, despite having a large number of music, it says "Music (50)" at the top, and only the first 50 albums are shown to me. When I click on 'Folders are off' to turn on folder view, same thing, only the first 50 artists are shown. 

The same thing happens when I navigate to my kids' Music library as well. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm running version 1.0.20.0 on emby server v. 4.7.14.0 on Windows 10 Pro. 

Thanks

VicMoore

Sorry for the long delays - I am tied up with family obligations for Christmas. I will be back after next week.

Vic

• Like 1

hey @VicMoore@Cheesegeezerhope you had a good christmas :) i have just wanted to asked a question on the bulk editor if that's okay. 

is there a way where i can link 2 movies together that are in different libraries as you would normally link if there where two different versions in the same folder ? i am trying to tidy up my server and i have have loads of the same movies spread across collections and the more like this pages lol my ocd is taking over i think. lol im hoping your plugin would be able to help me fix this 

Edited by OnyxUK

ifThenERROR

Hi all,

I have a question about using the filters where a search in the forums didn't get me any further. I'd try to filter for all tv shows (are all episodes within one show) for all items that do NOT contain a certain tag. Filtering for everything with a tag works fine, but I can't figure out how to exclude a tag from a search.

Would be great if someone could explain. 🙂

Junglejim
8 minutes ago, ifThenERROR said:

Hi all,

I have a question about using the filters where a search in the forums didn't get me any further. I'd try to filter for all tv shows (are all episodes within one show) for all items that do NOT contain a certain tag. Filtering for everything with a tag works fine, but I can't figure out how to exclude a tag from a search.

Would be great if someone could explain. 🙂

The option "Has tag = option" should work but at the moment seems to be broken for the NOT(false).. :)

VicMoore

good morning @OnyxUKI hope you had a great Christmas. Sorry for the long delay. I have been enjoying my Christmas with the family. 

When you say "link" I am not sure what you mean. I think you are saying to list them together. If so then you can use the global search to find media across library boundaries. If I have your request wrong, just drop me another note.

Vic

VicMoore

@ifThenERRORand @Junglejimit's nice to hear from both of you. Thanks for pointing out this problem. I will check it out today and fix it.  I think this is one of those cases in the past where I fixed one problem and caused another. Any way, it's kind of you to point it out.

Vic

ifThenERROR
On 12/31/2023 at 2:13 PM, Junglejim said:

The option "Has tag = option" should work but at the moment seems to be broken for the NOT(false).. :)

I'm not sure if you meant this option in the "not custom" filters. But it reads "Has a tag" and it works exactly the way I'd expect it to.

grafik.png.c76f20d6c8066c5fcbc786a6eab2c7e2.png

If set to false, it shows all movies/shows that don't have any tags. Since my library is completely tagged it returns an empty result, only the headline is slightly confusing since the empty list is headed with the total amount of shows. If set to true it finds every entry that has any tag at all. This filter seems to work completely independently from the "search for tags" field.

In the "search for tags" there doesn't seem to be an option for a negative search.

In the custom filter there is a somewhat cryptic selection of searching methods. Somewhere burried in this thread the abbrevations were explained, but they seem to not work for tags. They either find every entry with the entered tag, or none at all.

grafik.png.58a3a66aa61ab32acb6ec3f2b795d982.png

OnyxUK
3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

good morning @OnyxUKI hope you had a great Christmas. Sorry for the long delay. I have been enjoying my Christmas with the family. 

When you say "link" I am not sure what you mean. I think you are saying to list them together. If so then you can use the global search to find media across library boundaries. If I have your request wrong, just drop me another note.

Vic

morning @VicMoorei did that you, was very much needed for a working break too haha and don't be silly I'm glad you was enjoying time with the family. 

so linking... i think we are on the same wave length in regards to linking them together for searching. long story short i used to use a plugin called auto collections, this would make sure all duplicates would show as only 1 movie in all search results including "more like this" "movie collections" "suggestions" "continue watching" "next up" and i guess the newly added section "Recently Released Movies" but would show each movie in different libraries. this plugin still works for this but they removed .STRM file functionality and this is what i use for all my sub-libraries. (hoping this is making sense lol) i will include some pics too of what it is doing now 

image.thumb.png.0bda842afc35bb8573414cb4e024122a.png

the one above would show like this in all the categories listed above where before i would only see one movie and when clicking on that movie. 

Screenshot2023-12-27154912.thumb.png.2404ae2ac12ac75e6c154e5508327ae5.png

this picture is the one from what my home screen look likes and this is fine with showing multiple as they are in different libraries. so when i would select say crime & drama and look through the library i would see the film salt with no problems and then went to action & adventure i would be able to see the same movie as these are two different libraries. 

sorry if this is confusing in anyway lol just trying to find another way for hiding these duplicates in search results and collections. i believe the auto collections plugin used imdb id to merge this duplicates together . 

VicMoore

Good morning @ifThenERRORI have tried several times and I have not been able to duplicate your problem. 

The Custom Filter lets you compare the values within a library object to a set of test values. You can check to see if the object values are less than, greater than, equal and so on, to the test values.

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning @OnyxUKI am still digesting you request 🙂  Is your core idea "finding duplicate media across library boundaries" ?  If so, I have a similar interest.  I have two projects I have to finish first:

1) the PseudoTV plugin, and

2) Rewriting Bulky.

Vic

• Like 1

OnyxUK
45 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning @OnyxUKI am still digesting you request 🙂  Is your core idea "finding duplicate media across library boundaries" ?  If so, I have a similar interest.  I have two projects I have to finish first:

1) the PseudoTV plugin, and

2) Rewriting Bulky.

Vic

hey @VicMoore haha yeah its a bit to take in not going to lie lol but yes i guess that would be the general idea, just cant stand having the same movie show up 8 times because i use strm files to separate them into different libraries lol. and no rush man i know your busy :) 

ifThenERROR
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning @ifThenERRORI have tried several times and I have not been able to duplicate your problem. 

The Custom Filter lets you compare the values within a library object to a set of test values. You can check to see if the object values are less than, greater than, equal and so on, to the test values.

Vic

Thanks for checking my issue out so quickly!

It's basically very simple. Take a library e.g. for tv shows where the shows are marked with multiple different tags. Like show I has tags A, B and C, show II has tags A, C and D, show III has tags C and D. Here I'm looking for a way to find all shows that do not contain a certain tag, like in the example find all shows without tag B. This should then list shows II and III.

For testing purpose I added a tag 'Test' which is on only one show. So the filter should find all shows except this one. I tried all searching methods for the field 'Tags' in the custom filter.

• '=', '>', and 'S' return an empty list.
  • '<' returns every show including the test entry.
  • 'E' (= exact match?), and 'C' (= contains?) return only the test entry.
  • 'N' (= not?) returns an empty list again.

So in this test case no method did show the desired result. I hope, this made clear what I'm trying to achieve. If not I'd gladly provide more infos.

FalconX

I don't understand that tool, I want to add for example tags for about 100 movies in a collection. All should have the same tag.
Now when I click on bulk edit, I have to give the tag to each movie one after another, but I want to give the tag to all movies all at once - I thought that's why it's called "bulk edit"... 🤔

gimpacause

this addon has saved me a tonne of time, thank you, when adding movies to emby I am doing one Library at a time,I then add a tag depending on which library it belongs to (Mainly My "On-Disc items" that I have ripped myself)

im trying to use the filter option to bring up all movies that DO NOT have the On-Disc Tag, but it shows no results, if i manually browse into the folder via bulky i manually have to select each movie without the above tag, what is the correct usage of the filter so i can try and find all movies without that specific tag,

thank you

Found it, when I was searching for the Tag I was manually entering "On-Disc" into the "Search For Tag" Dialog and it didn't like that, leaving it blank and selecting "Has Tag=False" worked like a charm,

thank you for the awesome add-on

Edited by gimpacause

Eldontyrellcorp

Great to have this tool now inside the Emby control panel - thanks. :)

Question for you about bulk metadata editing.

I like to bulk remove things like ratings, eg community ratings supplied by from TMDB and TVDB.

Doing it in Movies is easy. But in TV Shows, it seems I have to enter each individual season to do this same operation, one season at a time for every show. Is that correct?

VicMoore

Hello @Eldontyrellcorpthanks for the kind words.  When you display the seasons for a TV series, just filter on "include items = Episodes" and it will show all of the episodes in all of the seasons.  I hope this helps.

Vic

• Like 1

Eldontyrellcorp
On 11/01/2024 at 10:54, VicMoore said:

Hello @Eldontyrellcorpthanks for the kind words.  When you display the seasons for a TV series, just filter on "include items = Episodes" and it will show all of the episodes in all of the seasons.  I hope this helps.

Vic

Yep that works. Thanks.

Roodee

Hi Vic,

This might have been asked and answered, but I could not find it:
Two questions:

• is it possible somehow pop out the Bulky-Window into a separate window?  The Emby sidebar is using too much real estate in this scenario.
  • and is it possible to make Bulky work with browser zoom-in and zoom-out funktionality? That would be such a massive help!
    grafik.png.9a4e604d3db52c9caba68951bd41c487.png

Thank you!

R.

VicMoore

Hello @RoodeeI have no idea. Your questions are beyond my beginner knowledge of plugins. I wish I could be more helpful.  The source for Bulky is open and free to anyone, if that helps.  Also, when I finish the PseudoTV plugin I will turn my effort to rewriting Bulky.

Vic

Eldontyrellcorp

Hi Vic, when Bulk Editing, what value do you put in the 'Parental Rating' field to erase them all and leave the value hidden in Emby?