Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

30 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@croatonI have duplicated the problem.   The "lock all" in bulk edit is not being saved. I will fix it today. Thank you so much for reporting this. I will post the plugin late today.  I have a Doctors appointment this morning.

Vic

No Problem, you are welcome, but i think the other bulk locks also not saving i guess, keep relaxed and best wishes for the doctors appointment.

cheers

VicMoore

Just for fun I created a simple HTML file for creating logo images for Emby.  Just select the image you want to use. If necessary, crop from the image the part you want to use. Next click "Create Logo" to create the logo image. You can experiment with the settings to produce the exact logo that you want. This code is not perfect. If you experience problems let me know.

image.png.ad47e4832f59ac4e28388bc055dfaa55.png

Vic

canvas.html

• Like 3

Spaceboy

hi - i'm sure this information is in the thread somewhere but i looked in the first few instructions posts and its still not clear to me. if i want to select a number of tv shows and apply a single tag to all of them, what is my quickest way of doing that? because i can't see a way that doesnt involve cycling through every item multi selected, and pasting in my tag before selecting "add to" in the drop down box. i feel you must have solved this somewhere but i can't see how.

cheers

Spaceboy
2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @SpaceboyJust use the bulk editor.  Select the items to tag. then bulk edit them. You can tag individual tv shows or TV Series.

Vic

ah ok, i see now. the fact that you could still cycle through all selected shows in bulk edit mode made me think you had to edit each individually. but i see you only have to apply to the first.

cheers @VicMooregreat plugin

VicMoore

I apologize for all of the uploads of Bulky.  I seem to be in a loop where I fix one problem and cause another. Soon I will separate the VirtualTV Channels and the Explorer code into another plugin.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I made a few changes to the VirtualTV Channels tool and I corrected many bugs.  I need comments to improve this GUI. Let me know if it's easy or hard to use.

image.png.2d51c185890621cb9fe9de3a48458d8d.png

VIc

Junglejim
12 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I apologize for all of the uploads of Bulky.  I seem to be in a loop where I fix one problem and cause another. Soon I will separate the VirtualTV Channels and the Explorer code into another plugin.

Vic

No probs Vic! Nice idea about separating the code, keeps it more manageable. Plus I think the VirtualTV Channels would be great as a standalone project. 👍

I used Bulky to get rid of all tags for movies, which worked perfectly.

Then i wanted to get rid of all studios as well, which worked in library view, but on the studios link the studios are still shown and includes the movies. If i check metadata from there, the studios are still listed in the movies metadata, if i check in normal library, no studios are set. Is there a way to cleanup this besides refreshing all metadata?

VicMoore

Good morning b3nZol...  Glad to help - first I need to better understand your problem.

Is "library view" the same as saying "Emby Views" or "Emby Libraries" ? 

What do you mean when you say "Studios Link" ? 

Please explain what Bulky failed to do or did improperly.

Vic

After deleting all studios for Series, i hop into "Series" library. Checking some of my series, no more studios in metadata. Top bar still offers Studios, when i check in there, studios are listed and if check those studios, there are series inside. If i check series from there, i still can see studios in metadata. Re-enter normal library view to crosscheck same series, no studios are set. If i refresh metadata, those series dissappears from Studio listing in top bar, but i really do not want to refresh metadata as it will take about 5 days on my archive.

I'm sure Bulky did all properly, but i guess there is a cleanup needed to get rid of the "Studios" linking within Emby. For the removal of "Tags" in Movies it worked fine without need for a metadata refresh. As the only studio allowed in "Studio Cleaner Plugin" is "nostudiosallowed", Emby wont refresh any studios with metadata refresh and i expect the "Studios" menu to dissappear.

"Tags" dissapeared in the Movie libraries top menu, which is what i expected. But for Series and Studios i really hope there is a cleanup possible without refreshing metadata as its a pain in the arse tbh. Not sure if this is a Bulky thing or an possible Emby enhancement.

Edited by b3nZol

VicMoore

@b3nZolGood morning...   Sorry for the delay... I had family activities to tend to...  

Bulky doesn't do any kind of metadata clean up. That's all done by Emby. In fact, all of the magic is done by Emby. Bulky just asks Emby to do things.  

Vic

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback and your work on Bulky, really love your too. I just went through all the studios and removed it in metadata. Seems Bulky cleaned most of them already, was not that hard 🙂

VicMoore

Attached is the channels plugin. It's not perfect but is a good starting point.  It will import all of your VirtualTV data except the media selections. You will use this plugin to select the media you want for each channel. When you click "Save to VirtualTV" your media selections and any changes that you make to the metadata will be exported to VirtualTV.  Let me know about bugs and recomendations you may have.

Vic

image.png.ec9d41d93728ef59b6fa4162e5d025d2.png

Emby.Channels.dll

• Like 1

Rikitydj

Can someone help me - my movie library is a mixture of UK - USA and EU ratings.

Please can someone talk me through how to bulk edit all these to UK ratings? (BBFC)

VicMoore

Good morning @RikitydjAll you need to do is to Bulk edit all of the shows. To do this requires that you select all of the shows and then click "Bulk". In the bulk editor you change the ratings to the appropriate GB rating. Click Save and all of the selected shows will be changed. 

It's possible that I don't fully understand what you want to do. It this is the case, please explain more fully what you want to do. I would like to help if I can.

Vic

VicMoore

@RikitydjI may have misunderstood what you want to do.  For example, are you trying to change American Ratings to their equivalent GB rating?   If this is the case, for example, then you will have to search for all of the movies rated "G" and bulk edit them to the proper GB rating. You would need to repeat this process for each rating class.  

Vic