Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

@Rikitydjwhat you want to do can be done, but it is a long process. Consider first just changing American ratings to GB ratings. You will have to repeat the process for each American rating (G, PG, and R, for example).

Start with G.  In Bulky , navigate to your movie directory. Use the custom filter to select all movies with a "G" rating. Now use the bulk editor to edit all of the items returned by the custom filter. In the editor select the GB rating that you want to replace the G rating with and click save. All of the G ratings will be replaced by the chosen GB rating. Now repeat these steps for each of the American ratings.

I hope this helps...

Vic

MatthiasM

Hi Vic, I need a little help with your cool plugin.

emby sometimes reimport older media files and tag them as new -> "date added = today". If thats happen to a movie it is easy to correct this data and move the movie back in the timeline but if this happen to a series / TV show it become a lot of work to correct that issue. The structure of the media files is organised as TOP=Series MIDDLE=Seasons BOTTOM=media files and each of this items has its own time stamp. If only one of the items has a today time stamp the whole series is showed as newest series in emby.

TOP and MIDDLE items can be corrected with Bulky -> edit the Series item 1st and bedit all Seasons 2nd.

But to edit the depending media files I have to navigate to each Season, shift-click all media files and than bedit the time stamps.

Is there a way or do you plan to implement a way to recursiv search a structure like a Series and ending up with a list of all depending media files that can be bedited?

thx Vic and best rgds, Matthias

VicMoore

Sorry everyone - family projects have taken me away from my computer.  I will respond to questions after church today.

Vic

VicMoore

hello @MatthiasMthank you for the kind words...

To get all of the episodes for a paticular TV Series use the filter option.  First, go to the TV Series and click filter. In the filter menu, click the "Include Item Types?" pulldown list and select "Include Item Type, Episode." Next click "Apply" to apply the filter to the chosen TV Series. This will display all of the episodes for that TV Series.  Now you can select all of the items and tag them as you like.  I hope this helps. If you need further help, just ask.

Vic

VicMoore

I just finished updating the Channels plugin, for managing VirtualTV channels.

image.png.c47200051d059da96502f532933c03ea.png

The plugin is attached below. It will import your VirtualTv channel metadata, but not the metadata for channel media selection. For each channel you select the media from your Emby library that you want streamed.  I am open for ideas and suggestions,

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 2

VicMoore

@Ninkoyes I removed it from the Bulky plugin. I wanted to learn from making another plugin and I wanted to reduce the code in the Bulky plugin.  I also used some new techniques that were simple to program.

If you have any ideas on how to make Channels better, please let me know.

vic

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@Ninkoyes I removed it from the Bulky plugin. I wanted to learn from making another plugin and I wanted to reduce the code in the Bulky plugin.  I also used some new techniques that were simple to program.

vic

The channel plugin looks great Vic! I've got most of my channels in VirtualTV sorted but this plugin makes me want to add more.. just to have a play with it, nice work!

7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

vic

Not a problem, just wanted to check I understood.

Nice work!

Thanks

VicMoore

I just found a bug in the Channels plugin - it doesn't save everything - I fixed one bug and created another.  I will get it fixed this weekend.

Vic

• Like 2

VicMoore

I fixed the Channels plugin bugs, and the new plugin is attached below.  I plan to figure out today how to start a new thread for this plugin.

I also extended the plugin to include all of the VirtualTv data.

Vic

Emby.Channels.dll

• Thanks 1

Hello!

Is there a way with Bulky to bulk remove channel numbers from Live TV channels? If not, is this something you could consider?

Thanks!

VicMoore

Good morning @axelslGive me a few days to think about it. For my curiosity, why do you want to do this? Also, are their other things that need to be bulk edited?

Vic

Locutus64
18 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Also, are their other things that need to be bulk edited?

Any chance of getting where Articles can be chosen as part of the actual name of the media? Where TV and movies are concerned The, A, El, La, etc ARE part of the name and when files are being scanned "A Discovery Of Witches" should be in the A's, "The Blob" should be in the T's as far as I'm concerned since most file managers sort this way and it would make it easier to compare what Emby has vs what's actually in one's media folders.