Hisense, TCL & Sony models - Playback issues on Emby for Android TV

lastditch

rbjtech

So to try and summarise :-

2.0.55g - No issues on playback - 'Downmix to Stereo not set)

2.0.57g+ (incl 2.0.87g) - Stuttering Issues - 'Downmix to Stereo not set' .  If set, then playback OK

What format/codec is the sound ? - AAC 5.1, AC3 5.1, EAC3 5.1 ?

Edited by rbjtech

TheClaus
19 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

So to try and summarise :-

2.0.55g - No issues on playback - 'Downmix to Stereo not set)

2.0.57g+ (incl 2.0.87g) - Stuttering Issues - 'Downmix to Stereo not set' .  If set, then playback OK

What format/codec is the sound ? - AAC 5.1, AC3 5.1, EAC3 5.1 ?

Yup that is correct.

As for audio codec:
EAC3 5.1 - Stutters
DTS-HD - Stutters
AAC 2.0 - Freeze on the video
AC3 5.1 - Works

I tried other formats like MP3 and AC3 Stereo and those work as well.  I stopped testing because that felt I was getting too far from what I would consider standard audio formats.

PrinzValium

I also tested the linked Beta and IT doesnt Work for me.

Tomorrow i will Test 2.0.55 so i'm a little bit more Up to Date than 1.8.55.... 

rbjtech
1 hour ago, TheClaus said:

Yup that is correct.

As for audio codec:
EAC3 5.1 - Stutters
DTS-HD - Stutters
AAC 2.0 - Freeze on the video
AC3 5.1 - Works

I tried other formats like MP3 and AC3 Stereo and those work as well.  I stopped testing because that felt I was getting too far from what I would consider standard audio formats.

ok - and what does the TV natively 'support' ?

and if you pause on the stutter, leave for 5 secs, and then unpause, does it instantly return to stuttering - or play ok for a bit and then return to stuttering ?

TheClaus
23 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ok - and what does the TV natively 'support' ?

and if you pause on the stutter, leave for 5 secs, and then unpause, does it instantly return to stuttering - or play ok for a bit and then return to stuttering ?

@rbjtechYou are killing me.  LOL

So I attached the audio formats.  I am not sure how accurate it is but here you go.  As for the stuttering it instantly returns.

audio_formats.png

rbjtech
40 minutes ago, TheClaus said:

So I attached the audio formats.  I am not sure how accurate it is but here you go.  As for the stuttering it instantly returns.

ok - Audio formats looks like the generic Audio Only playback formats.  

The fact the it instantly stutters after giving it time to build any buffer suggests to me it's in the 'playback' side of the App ass opposed to the 'buffer/network' side of the App.

Without this actual TV to test and be able to re-produce the problem - I think this is going to be very hard to get to the bottom of it being honest... but I should be able to test the Chromecast as I believe the Shield has one built in (but possibly no the same in hardware terms as a separate Chromecast 4K..) ?

From earlier in the thread - these are only problematic devices yes ?

• Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV directly connected to a TCL - 55" Class 5 Series (55S525)
  • Hisense - 55" Class A6 (55A6H)

@ebr- Do you guys have a Chromecast 4K to test ?

Edited by rbjtech

TheClaus
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

From earlier in the thread - these are only problematic devices yes ?

• Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV directly connected to a TCL - 55" Class 5 Series (55S525)
  • Hisense - 55" Class A6 (55A6H)

That is correct.

19 hours ago, rbjtech said:

2.0.57g+ (incl 2.0.87g) - Stuttering Issues

16 hours ago, TheClaus said:

That is correct.

@TheClausyou tested 2.0.57?

TheClaus
1 hour ago, ebr said:

@TheClausyou tested 2.0.57?

@ebrhere is what I tested.  I believe that was a typo on @rbjtechpart and I didn't catch it.

Version tested Stutters
2.0.55g No
2.0.70g Yes
2.0.78g Yes
2.0.83g Yes

I pulled these from github.  

rbjtech

image.thumb.png.c67677ff8931f0f3688f99f6b0af2887.png

No typo here - you said 'Every version above 2.0.55g' does not work and causes stuttering.

2.0.57 is the next release - covered by your statement above ?  Or if you haven't tested 2.0.57 - then your statement is incorrect ?

TheClaus
56 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

image.thumb.png.c67677ff8931f0f3688f99f6b0af2887.png

No typo here - you said 'Every version above 2.0.55g' does not work and causes stuttering.

2.0.57 is the next release - covered by your statement above ?  Or if you haven't tested 2.0.57 - then your statement is incorrect ?

Okay I tested every version that I could get from github.  I didn't see 2.0.57 only the versions that are in the table is what I tested.

PrinzValium
On 3/27/2023 at 7:33 PM, TheClaus said:

I went here and started testing prior releases by going to the AndroidTV folder and viewing history and grabbing releases.

I have not tested a beta in quite awhile.  If you have a link for it I will grab it and test.

Can you post the link to androidtv releases? Because im to stupid to find them -.-

TheClaus
PrinzValium
PrinzValium

OK at my Setup No one of These releases played without stuttering. If i enable downmix IT Works. But i want the Surround-Sound because of this i went Back to 1.8.55g again.

TheClaus
8 minutes ago, PrinzValium said:

OK at my Setup No one of These releases played without stuttering. If i enable downmix IT Works. But i want the Surround-Sound because of this i went Back to 1.8.55g again.

Are you sure that you were installing different versions?  I ask because the version that works for me(2.0.55g) doesn't have a downmix to stereo under the Playback setting.  If you hit the cog wheel it should show the server version on the left and the client version on the right.

PrinzValium
1 hour ago, TheClaus said:

Are you sure that you were installing different versions?  I ask because the version that works for me(2.0.55g) doesn't have a downmix to stereo under the Playback setting.  If you hit the cog wheel it should show the server version on the left and the client version on the right.

Yes i am Sure. I checked IT in These Overview. I dont understand why you dont have These setting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 3:25 AM, PrinzValium said:

Hi I also own an TCL GoogleTV and sideloading the normal Android app doesn't solve the issue.

@PrinzValium what version of the standard app did you try?

PrinzValium

I tested it now with the newest version again ( Android TV and normal Android) and the issue still exist.

Amazon APK doesn't start on TV.

So the only workaround for me is to use 1.8.55g..... :(

On 4/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, PrinzValium said:

I tested it now with the newest version again ( Android TV and normal Android) and the issue still exist.

Amazon APK doesn't start on TV.

So the only workaround for me is to use 1.8.55g..... :(

can you try sideloading the latest version?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks !