Hisense, TCL & Sony models - Playback issues on Emby for Android TV

lastditch

GrimReaper

OP's actually about Hisense, TCL got mentioned a lot as well, maybe I'll just add both. 

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, andyxoxo said:

Sony TVs also, Sir Grim :)

Yep - maybe just use the word 'Embedded AndroidTV' ?

GrimReaper

Yeah, what is currently in title is max. number of characters accepted, "Embedded" doesn't save much compared to "Emby for", and there's no space for "Sony" hence need to rephrase whole title. 

• Haha 1

ryderjj89

Just wanted to add to this that I just got a new TCL Q7 and have 2.0.93g installed. I'm noticing only on one show that the PICTURE is stuttering. Multiple episodes of the same show. The audio is fine. Issue wasn't present on our Hisense U7K that I had to return due to a screen issue. I'll wait for 2.0.95 to hit my TV and see if the issue resolves. Other apps are fine and other content on Emby is fine. Just this one show on only this TV having the stuttering issue.

ryderjj89

I didn't see an option to edit my above comment, but wanted to add to this. The bitrate for this show is like 4 mbps and if I leave the max bitrate on the TV app set to Auto, I get stuttering picture. However, if I set it to 3 mbps or if I set the currently playing video to 3 mbps, it will play fine without any stuttering picture. Don't know how much that can help, but wanted to throw it in here.

On 10/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, ryderjj89 said:

I didn't see an option to edit my above comment, but wanted to add to this. The bitrate for this show is like 4 mbps and if I leave the max bitrate on the TV app set to Auto, I get stuttering picture. However, if I set it to 3 mbps or if I set the currently playing video to 3 mbps, it will play fine without any stuttering picture. Don't know how much that can help, but wanted to throw it in here.

Hi, that just means that the bitrate is too high for the network connection and needs to be lowered in order to ensure smooth playback.

• Confused 1

ryderjj89
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, that just means that the bitrate is too high for the network connection and needs to be lowered in order to ensure smooth playback.

Thats bizarre bro. This was on the local network with an Eero Pro 6E system with the server hardwired. Actually, getting a better copy of the problem content with an even higher bitrate resolved the issue for me. The new copy has a 5 mbps bitrate instead of 4. Plays flawlessly. There's certainly nothing wrong with my local network to cause this, especially if it worked fine on my phone, laptop, other desktop, etc and other content with more than double that bitrate also played fine without a problem.

JackBowman

I am using a TCL Q7 with the current beta Windows server and the latest release of the Android for TV client and playback is fine. Try using playback correction (direct stream) That worked for me on the latest non-beta version of the server. I have not had issues since the beta install though.