End Credits Detection for resume/next episode

crusher11

bxpressiv

Sorry, I'm a day into scanning my library to detect the intros... Does this not work for end credits yet?

My use case would be Marvel movies which almost always have a 20-30sec teaser after the end credits. It works on Plex right now but I know nothing about how these things are created. You're all way too smart for me, but I love trying to understand the explanations of how things are built.

4 hours ago, bxpressiv said:

Sorry, I'm a day into scanning my library to detect the intros... Does this not work for end credits yet?

My use case would be Marvel movies which almost always have a 20-30sec teaser after the end credits. It works on Plex right now but I know nothing about how these things are created. You're all way too smart for me, but I love trying to understand the explanations of how things are built.

Hi, not yet, sorry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Amanade3

What happened to this project its been a while since you guys promised to release the plugin.....Did you abandon the project or is it still work in progress?

@Cheesegeezersay somethin' some of us are waiting...... please 🙏 

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

What happened to this project its been a while since you guys promised to release the plugin.....Did you abandon the project or is it still work in progress?

@Cheesegeezersay somethin' some of us are waiting...... please 🙏 

LOL, yeah, it's not abandoned, it's shelved at the moment.  Life is getting in the way and other projects have taken priority.

rbjtech
59 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

😱😭 

Are you specifically after End Credits for TV Shows or Movies ?

If TV Shows, then our original 'Introskip' plugin did this - and worked very well for the majority of End Credit 'types'.  But if you need it for Movies - then this will need the further development work described above.

Amanade3

for some reason it doesn't work for me.... it detects end credits but is not integrated as a chapter "creditsstart" 

Screenshot 2023-04-26 194527.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 194520.png

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

for some reason it doesn't work for me.... it detects end credits but is not integrated as a chapter "creditsstart" 

Screenshot 2023-04-26 194527.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 194520.png

Have you enabled chapter insertion in the config. UI for IntroSkip 

• Agree 1

rbjtech

image.png.23115744a89cae227f59ec48aa6b430e.png

Ensure the top option is set.  Please be aware that the Introskip Plugin is NOT compatible with the Core Introskip.  Run one or the other.  If you are running the Core Introskip, it's possible that it is wiping the Credit data.

Post running it (and after a Library Scan) you should see the hidden markers appear as real chapters (as the Introskip Plugin nicely Inserts them (as well as the Intro..)

image.png.f2449ecf5959d8fab555c030cd6c55f0.png

image.thumb.png.32d04efa9bacc4f6e745c3e91564cb59.png

(note the recalibrated chapter points, going back to every 5 minutes post the Intro.. ;) )

.. and you should also see in the ChapterAPI Plugin as a hidden CreditStartMarker 

image.png.74b3e4ed36699a3736e3d24c544659b5.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok so i think i need to plough some time to get this added as the seperate plugin, i got 98% of it working but its my JS that’s letting me down again as usual. As the db is correct but the UI is not. 

im rammed until next after week. Off to Germany on Monday for a week. So while old Charles is donning his crown i will get to workon this on the  8th May.

• Like 2

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok so i think i need to plough some time to get this added as the seperate plugin, i got 98% of it working but its my JS that’s letting me down again as usual. As the db is correct but the UI is not. 

im rammed until next after week. Off to Germany on Monday for a week. So while old Charles is donning his crown i will get to workon this on the  8th May.

Possibly combine with the Intro Backup/Restore Plugin Dave ?

Cheesegeezer
44 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Possibly combine with the Intro Backup/Restore Plugin Dave ?

That plugin caters for all markers if available, and puts them into the chapter db in emby, the problem i think is there are very few of the clients that support the credit feature. I could well be wrong. 

hence the autoskip feature introduced for credits, i dunno if i can override the core logic.. they may have protected it. 

crusher11

ATV is the only client that currently supports end credits at all, AFAIK, and it only uses it to pop up the  "next episode info" dialogue it doesn't autoskip.

neik
7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

ATV is the only client that currently supports end credits at all, AFAIK, and it only uses it to pop up the  "next episode info" dialogue it doesn't autoskip.

ET for Android does as well as of one of the latest betas. 

rbjtech
14 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

That plugin caters for all markers if available, and puts them into the chapter db in emby, the problem i think is there are very few of the clients that support the credit feature. I could well be wrong. 

hence the autoskip feature introduced for credits, i dunno if i can override the core logic.. they may have protected it. 

tbh Dave - I don't think we are going to get an agreeable solution until the Core step up with the Core Introskip allowing the Plugin to be fully decommissioned.    Currently it's been partially implemented (still no editing for example) and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  By trying to 'fill the gaps', we are just making work for ourselves.

• If you want full Introskip, Creditskip, Editing and nice looking Chapters - use the Introskip Plugin (+ Chapter API if you wish)
  • If you want Core Introskip only - then use the Core Introskip (+ Chapter API if you wish)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

rbjtech
2 hours ago, neik said:

ET for Android does as well as of one of the latest betas. 

Really ?   When did that get added ?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

tbh Dave - I don't think we are going to get an agreeable solution until the Core step up with the Core Introskip allowing the Plugin to be fully decommissioned.    Currently it's been partially implemented (still no editing for example) and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  By trying to 'fill the gaps', we are just making work for ourselves.

• If you want full Introskip, Creditskip, Editing and nice looking Chapters - use the Introskip Plugin (+ Chapter API if you wish)
  • If you want Core Introskip only - then use the Core Introskip (+ Chapter API if you wish)

I think you are correct, the plugin is great and just works, some epic work from @chef& @samuelqwe 

yup, lets leave it and we can host the dll on Github public repo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

rbjtech
4 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The Android App has this as well now (added in latest version).  Yes both Apps don't actually 'skip' to the next episode (just bring up the dialogue to do so), but if you still use the Introskip App and set it to skip Credit Sequences, then yes it does... ;)

But this uses the Introskip dB data, not the hidden CreditStart marker - so be wary of that.

image.png.54feb192efb5a5f9807e5ade9e35552e.png

Probably best to wait until the CreditStart marker is more mainstream - and then the App may introduce that option the same as they have done so for the Intro skip.

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I think you are correct, the plugin is great and just works, some epic work from @chef& @samuelqwe 

yup, lets leave it and we can host the dll on Github public repo

Don't sell yourself short Dave - you did all the work on the Chapters and many other aspects too ... 👍

Edited by rbjtech
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

crusher11

The issue with the plugin is that it futzes with the existing chapter structure. And also that it's not available anymore, because of the introduction of the core version, which is nowhere near as good and hasn't received any development in...how long now?

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The issue with the plugin is that it futzes with the existing chapter structure. And also that it's not available anymore, because of the introduction of the core version, which is nowhere near as good and hasn't received any development in...how long now?

are you referring to your custom chapters.

Cheesegeezer
51 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

What custom chapters?

Sports…

intro

chapters 1-4