End Credits Detection for resume/next episode

crusher11

Cheesegeezer

Can you explain how the Plugin messes up the chapters then please.

provide examples also 👍

crusher11

It inserts its own chapters.

In doing so, it shifts where the first chapter marker is.

I've just gone through and tried to look for an example in my library but it appears the vast majority of my introskip data has vanished into thin air, while the handful of episodes that do have introskip data have had the real chapters removed from the MKV. Either that or a super-coincidental authoring error. Odd. Don't have time to dig any further at the moment.

rbjtech
3 hours ago, crusher11 said:

It inserts its own chapters.

In doing so, it shifts where the first chapter marker is.

I've just gone through and tried to look for an example in my library but it appears the vast majority of my introskip data has vanished into thin air, while the handful of episodes that do have introskip data have had the real chapters removed from the MKV. Either that or a super-coincidental authoring error. Odd. Don't have time to dig any further at the moment.

In the Introskip Plugin - the OPTIONAL flag to Insert real Chapters serves two purposes (default = OFF) -

image.png.c0ec89a6785b4603d8697d68828df0c5.png

1) Gracefully inserts the Introskip and Creditskip chapters into the normal chapters in Emby.  It does NOT change the original video container.

image.thumb.png.2edfd65c3b13eb643f234d16267f71b9.png

image.png.10ec5d6819a4fb6142047a9573c05f40.png

2. It also adds the HIDDEN markers from the Introskip Plugin database and detection.   This is so the Emby CLIENTS can use the markers for either an Intro manual or AutoSkip or a manual Creditskip.    None of the 'Autoskip' options in the Plugin need to be used. However, if you want to AutoSkip on Credit's, the the Plugin skill works (see below). 

image.png.c7d5a6445eb7a446e314d576e1b83a9d.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

if we are serious about making this available then i think some work should be done to remove autoskip for intros. and tidy it up so it's more compatible with current set ups

What you guys think

• Agree 2

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if we are serious about making this available then i think some work should be done to remove autoskip for intros. and tidy it up so it's more compatible with current set ups

What you guys think

Don't think it's worth the effort in time tbh Dave for the number of users that would take advantage of it.

I still use the full Introskip Plugin - it works perfectly well, has much greater functionality (and accuracy) then the Core offering - other than making it 'fit' better by maybe removing the separate DB, I don't really see a need to try and fill the Core gaps ... 🙄

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Don't think it's worth the effort in time tbh Dave for the number of users that would take advantage of it.

I still use the full Introskip Plugin - it works perfectly well, has much greater functionality (and accuracy) then the Core offering - other than making it 'fit' better by maybe removing the separate DB, I don't really see a need to try and fill the Core gaps ... 🙄

got it 👍👍

MBSki
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

got it 👍👍

I'd like to use the credit skip without messing up the core intro skip. But, it's not a huge need for me. The only time I'd really take advantage of it are so I can catch the post credit scenes on Marvel movies. 

5 minutes ago, MBSki said:

I'd like to use the credit skip without messing up the core intro skip. But, it's not a huge need for me. The only time I'd really take advantage of it are so I can catch the post credit scenes on Marvel movies. 

I wasn't aware there was any marker or detection for the end of credits which would need to be there for that type of functionality.  

MBSki
1 minute ago, ebr said:

I wasn't aware there was any marker or detection for the end of credits which would need to be there for that type of functionality.  

Good point. I think that was planned, but I guess it's not in there yet. I guess I haven't been keeping up to date. 😅

rbjtech
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

The Introskip Plugin did - 'CreditSequenceEnd' but didn't actually do anything with it - as it was such an extreme use case at the time.

I might actually see if the Creditskip works with it as intended .. now a few shows actually have a need for it ...

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer
40 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Thats a completely seperate project myself and @samuelqwehave been working on. We have some pretty promising results but it needs finessed. There is a topic on the forums somewhere regarding our progress. 

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, MBSki said:

Hahahha it's actually earlier in this thread :D 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/108871-end-credits-detection-for-resumenext-episode/&do=findComment&comment=1182272

• Haha 1

crusher11
5 hours ago, rbjtech said:

In the Introskip Plugin - the OPTIONAL flag to Insert real Chapters serves two purposes (default = OFF) -

image.png.c0ec89a6785b4603d8697d68828df0c5.png

1) Gracefully inserts the Introskip and Creditskip chapters into the normal chapters in Emby.  It does NOT change the original video container.

image.thumb.png.2edfd65c3b13eb643f234d16267f71b9.png

image.png.10ec5d6819a4fb6142047a9573c05f40.png

2. It also adds the HIDDEN markers from the Introskip Plugin database and detection.   This is so the Emby CLIENTS can use the markers for either an Intro manual or AutoSkip or a manual Creditskip.    None of the 'Autoskip' options in the Plugin need to be used. However, if you want to AutoSkip on Credit's, the the Plugin skill works (see below). 

image.png.c7d5a6445eb7a446e314d576e1b83a9d.png

The only MKV files that are missing chapters are the only ones with intact intro data. So something is going on.

As for adding chapters, that's the only way to generate the markers, right? And doing so changes the first chapter after the intro. 

Amanade3
On 26/04/2023 at 20:20, rbjtech said:

image.png.23115744a89cae227f59ec48aa6b430e.png

Ensure the top option is set.  Please be aware that the Introskip Plugin is NOT compatible with the Core Introskip.  Run one or the other.  If you are running the Core Introskip, it's possible that it is wiping the Credit data.

Post running it (and after a Library Scan) you should see the hidden markers appear as real chapters (as the Introskip Plugin nicely Inserts them (as well as the Intro..)

image.png.f2449ecf5959d8fab555c030cd6c55f0.png

image.thumb.png.32d04efa9bacc4f6e745c3e91564cb59.png

(note the recalibrated chapter points, going back to every 5 minutes post the Intro.. ;) )

.. and you should also see in the ChapterAPI Plugin as a hidden CreditStartMarker 

image.png.74b3e4ed36699a3736e3d24c544659b5.png

Yeah I think i am missing to activate the setting but wouldn't it mess up the core's intro skip database?? if not i will use it. tnx

rbjtech
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

The only MKV files that are missing chapters are the only ones with intact intro data. So something is going on.

As for adding chapters, that's the only way to generate the markers, right? And doing so changes the first chapter after the intro. 

If there are 'chapters' in the MKV - then they are imported into Emby as per a normal import process.  If there are no chapters, then emby will create them every 5 minutes - in it's database only.  Neither emby nor the plugins touch the original source files.

The only Plugin that does (that we/cheese/chef produced) is the MediaInfo plugin - as that modifies the MKV track titles - but that has nothing to do with chapters.

So your missing chapters in the MKV have nothing to do with us .. ;)

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

Yeah I think i am missing to activate the setting but wouldn't it mess up the core's intro skip database?? if not i will use it. tnx

If you are using the Core Introskip detection, then you should not be using the Introskip Plugin.  It's one or the other, not both.

samuelqwe
4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Thats a completely seperate project myself and @samuelqwehave been working on. We have some pretty promising results but it needs finessed. There is a topic on the forums somewhere regarding our progress. 

Gotta find some ways to improve it, but I haven’t found a good way to go about it yet. I know it’s possible though, since that other closed-source media server was able to do it. However, we have nowhere near the amount of resources or experience that they have, so it’s a lot harder for us to get something that works reliably.

• Like 1

crusher11
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

If there are 'chapters' in the MKV - then they are imported into Emby as per a normal import process.  If there are no chapters, then emby will create them every 5 minutes - in it's database only.  Neither emby nor the plugins touch the original source files.

The only Plugin that does (that we/cheese/chef produced) is the MediaInfo plugin - as that modifies the MKV track titles - but that has nothing to do with chapters.

So your missing chapters in the MKV have nothing to do with us .. ;)

It is entirely possible I simply forgot to include the chapters XML when creating those files.

The fact that 100% of my MKVs with chapters have no intros, and 100% of my MKVs with intros have no chapters, points to a connection between intros and chapters somewhere. A bug somewhere, one presumes. You guys, ChapterAPI, the core IntroSkip...could be any of them, I guess. But as I said I haven't had a chance to actually go through all that many files yet and try to figure out WTF happened. I definitely have a ton of episodes that used to have intro and credits data but not longer do.

twhiting9275

God no!

This is one of the very reasons I left the other guys to be honest. This became a massive CPU suck! It's really not worth it. Just skip to the next episode, no need for this to be built in

samuelqwe
22 minutes ago, twhiting9275 said:

God no!

This is one of the very reasons I left the other guys to be honest. This became a massive CPU suck! It's really not worth it. Just skip to the next episode, no need for this to be built in

While I don’t think this will be built-in anytime soon, I can’t imagine this being a mandatory feature. Obviously, not everyone wants to (or can) run ressource intensive tasks, such as these, on their servers. I assume this would be an opt-in feature like it is with intro scanning.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Spooky83

@rbjtechcan you tell me where to find the latest plugin version? I used to use the pre-release versions and also the 1.0 version but moved to the core functionality. Because of credit skip and the shows I've been watching lately I wanted to switch back but haven't found the latest release. 

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Spooky83 said:

@rbjtechcan you tell me where to find the latest plugin version? I used to use the pre-release versions and also the 1.0 version but moved to the core functionality. Because of credit skip and the shows I've been watching lately I wanted to switch back but haven't found the latest release. 

Rich can send it via PM to you. Im away with work in Germany at the moment and not brought my dev laptop with me.  Cheers 

Spooky83
On 4/30/2023 at 9:32 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Rich can send it via PM to you. Im away with work in Germany at the moment and not brought my dev laptop with me.  Cheers 

Apparently @rbjtechhasn't read my post. Are you back home @Cheesegeezerand could you maybe sent the latest dll?