Emby Android TV app not available in Google Play Store

Jägs
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

No, I am saying when there is silence, speculations will occur (ie. Google Protect kicked in because of PHA's)
If the ebr is going over to JF, then it should be announced and giving a reason why the app is no longer in Google Play!

Edrock200
5 minutes ago, vreis said:

No, I am saying when there is silence, speculations will occur (ie. Google Protect kicked in because of PHA's)
If the ebr is going over to JF, then it should be announced and giving a reason why the app is no longer in Google Play!

"If your app has been removed or suspended from Google Play, its users may receive a push notification from Google Play Protect informing them of this change and giving them the option to remove the app from their device. Users will also have the option to keep the app."

Those of us that had it installed from play prior to removal recieved no such warning, so doubtful it's due to any potentially harmful code.

• Like 1

Okay, so the only reason we have stayed silent on the details until now is because we think that our users complaining to Google about the issue may only make matters worse.  So, please, do not complain directly to Google.  Let us deal with this through proper channels.

I have had discussions related to both our device limits and certain features that we feel cater directly to only the illegal use of our platform with many users and stated how the store operators have all the power.  We can be removed at a whim by any of them.  Many of you have argued with me that that is a silly concern.  I've also pointed out how the stores don't fully understand what we are and, in many cases, just don't care to.

The net of the current situation is that someone was discovered using our platform to distribute content illegally.  The owner of the content reported our app as violating their copyright and Google immediately suspended us.  No matter that we are not responsible for this nor does our app actually provide any content.  With the very vague understanding of these details by the people in charge, the mere hint of anything "off" is enough.  We have recourse, supposedly, but they have a rather long time to respond to it.  We should be nearing the end of that time and will, hopefully, be re-instated soon.  If not, we'll have to see what our next steps are to prove to them that our app is not hosting this content. 

I'll re-iterate - a bunch of our users complaining will likely just make matters worse so please do not do that.  We will let you know when we have any more information.  Google has been completely silent for almost two weeks now.

Thanks.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 10

Edysefer
3 hours ago, vreis said:

“Não sabemos por que os aplicativos Emby não estão mais disponíveis na Google Play Store, então nada disso se aplica atualmente”.

Fico feliz em saber que nada disso se aplica. No entanto, seria um bom suporte ao usuário notificar os usuários sobre o que está acontecendo para que especulações/rumores não ocorram.

Especialmente, para pessoas Premiers como eu que pagaram pelo aplicativo.

Estando no negócio de software, a comunicação é fundamental!

Exatamente, pago mensal pela plataforma pra ter a licença premium do mesmo, porem não fui notificado e estou impossibilidade de utilizar o aplicativo em aparelhos que nao possui o mesmo. o jeito é baixar o apk e instalar como fonte desconhecida nos aparelhos, porem é um trabalho que não precisaria caso fosse dado uma satisfação sobre os motivos do app sumir de la. Afinal quando se cobra por um serviço mesmo que seja um valor simbólico deve dar assistência ao mesmo. Estou no aguardo de uma resolução sobre essa questão do administradores da plataforma Emby

Edysefer
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Ok, então a única razão pela qual ficamos em silêncio sobre os detalhes até agora é porque achamos que nossos usuários reclamando com o Google sobre o problema só podem piorar as coisas.  Então, por favor, não reclame diretamente com o Google.   Vamos lidar com isso através dos canais adequados.

Eu tive discussões relacionadas aos nossos limites de dispositivos e certos recursos que sentimos que atendem diretamente apenas ao uso ilegal de nossa plataforma com muitos usuários e afirmei como os operadores das lojas têm todo o poder. Podemos ser removidos por um capricho por qualquer um deles. Muitos de vocês argumentaram comigo que essa é uma preocupação boba. Também apontei como as lojas não entendem completamente o que somos e, em muitos casos, simplesmente não se importam.

A rede da situação atual é que alguém foi descoberto usando nossa plataforma para distribuir conteúdo ilegalmente. O proprietário do conteúdo denunciou  nosso aplicativo  por violar seus direitos autorais e o Google nos suspendeu imediatamente. Não importa que não sejamos responsáveis por isso, nem nosso aplicativo realmente fornece qualquer conteúdo. Com o entendimento muito vago desses detalhes por parte dos responsáveis, a mera sugestão de algo "fora" é suficiente. Nós temos recurso, supostamente, mas eles têm um tempo bastante longo para responder a isso. Devemos estar chegando ao fim desse período e, esperamos, ser restabelecidos em breve. Caso contrário, teremos que ver quais são nossos próximos passos para provar a eles que nosso aplicativo não está hospedando esse conteúdo. 

Vou reiterar - muitos de nossos usuários reclamando provavelmente só piorarão as coisas, então, por favor, não faça isso. Avisaremos quando tivermos mais informações. O Google está completamente em silêncio há quase duas semanas.

Obrigado.

Agora sim, vi uma explicação plausivel para isso, porem a forma que foi utilizado por eles de suspender o aplicativo como um todo estar incorreta, eles devem responsabilizar o usuario que utilizou o aplicativo como tal e o mesmo arcar com isso, em nosso sistema utilizamos o mesmo na intranet sem custo com os conteudos deixando claro que nao posuimos fins lucrativos com conteudos de terceiros onde o mesmo não pode ser baixado ou compartilhado. Seria uma boa solução permitir a personalização total do app (sem violar os direitos do criador do mesmo nem permitir comercialização do mesmo), assim não estaria vinculado ao aplicativo original da plataforma original e ficaria livre de exclusões como foi o caso em questão. Afinal bem certo de ter sofrido denuncias e o usuario em questão nem se quer deu o trabalho de personaliza logos, capas e tal do app pra desvincular o mesmo ao app original. Porem estamos no aguardo de uma resposta.

Edrock200
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, so the only reason we have stayed silent on the details until now is because we think that out users complaining to Google about the issue may only make matters worse.  So, please, do not complain directly to Google.  Let us deal with this through proper channels.

I have had discussions related to both our device limits and certain features that we feel cater directly to only the illegal use of our platform with many users and stated how the store operators have all the power.  We can be removed at a whim by any of them.  Many of you have argued with me that that is a silly concern.  I've also pointed out how the stores don't fully understand what we are and, in many cases, just don't care to.

The net of the current situation is that someone was discovered using our platform to distribute content illegally.  The owner of the content reported our app as violating their copyright and Google immediately suspended us.  No matter that we are not responsible for this nor does our app actually provide any content.  With the very vague understanding of these details by the people in charge, the mere hint of anything "off" is enough.  We have recourse, supposedly, but they have a rather long time to respond to it.  We should be nearing the end of that time and will, hopefully, be re-instated soon.  If not, we'll have to see what our next steps are to prove to them that our app is not hosting this content. 

I'll re-iterate - a bunch of our users complaining will likely just make matters worse so please do not do that.  We will let you know when we have any more information.  Google has been completely silent for almost two weeks now.

Thanks.

Wow. That's the dumbest rationale on Google's part. Kodis/Plex/Chrome/Google Drive/Dropbox/Box/etc are all still on the play store. All can be used to download/stream illegal content if the user chooses to. Thanks for explaining. Don't worry, I won't vent to Google 😉

Edited by Edrock200

fFathead

Are there any other means available to pay to unlock the android tv app other than via the play store, which is not available at the moment?  My trial is perilously close to ending, and this is the best app I have found so far for streaming from a server to the shield.

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, fFathead said:

My trial is perilously close to ending, and this is the best app I have found so far for streaming from a server to the shield.

Yep, it is. 👍

Anyway, after seeing several similar posts re:inability to unlock:

Monthly Premiere subscription will cost you round 5 bucks and it will "unlock" all devices for that period, I reckon that should give more than ample time for Google Play issues to get sorted for minimum investment. 

FrostByte
On 4/4/2022 at 9:02 AM, ebr said:

for the TV app, I have just reset everyone's trial period so it will behave as if unlocked for the next week.

15 minutes ago, fFathead said:

Are there any other means available to pay to unlock the android tv app other than via the play store, which is not available at the moment?  My trial is perilously close to ending, and this is the best app I have found so far for streaming from a server to the shield.

Hopefully, ebr can keep adding a week until this gets sorted.

• Like 1

Junglejim
28 minutes ago, santi218 said:

I have been supporting this app buying the yearly plan so i hope we get compensated for this.

Personally I've seen no disruption on my Sony Android TV to date. As for compensation it seems like they are doing there best to fix this, plus giving extra weeks of trail for new users.

Let's see how this pans out before we start slinging mud.

• Like 4

FrostByte
37 minutes ago, santi218 said:

I have been supporting this app buying the yearly plan so i hope we get compensated for this.

You do realize the reason it was pulled was because someone reported people are sharing their media with over 50 people like yourself?

• Like 3

santi218

Did you even see me complain?! Seriously, i supported this app and i never complained to google nor the people i choose to have access to my files. I know all of them from friends and family. If emby doesnt want the app feature to be shared to 50 people, emby shouldnt put up with option to share.

• Confused 3

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, santi218 said:

Did you even see me complain?! Seriously, i supported this app and i never complained to google nor the people i choose to have access to my files. I know all of them from friends and family. If emby doesnt want the app feature to be shared to 50 people, emby shouldnt put up with option to share.

Oh I read your complaint and I'm sure you have over 50 copies of everything on your server. Have a good day.

• Like 4

Junglejim
24 minutes ago, santi218 said:

LOL.. I'm guessing your the reason for Emby getting pulled from the stores in the first place!

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

santi218

pfft, make me look like the bad guy? why flame on me when i myself supported the app and was just using the features emby has provided. I was merely stating on my post and you right away think i was complaining. is this how someone gets treated here especially a big supporter at that? 

Edited by santi218

pwhodges
2 hours ago, santi218 said:

Compensated for what?  A delay in getting the next free update of just one specific client, unless you sideload it?  Pfft!

Paul 

santi218
2 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Compensated for what?  A delay in getting the next free update of just one specific client, unless you sideload it?  Pfft!

Paul 

i've read they extended the free trial. and its not one specific client but the entire android itself. not everyone who uses emby knows how to sideload.

Edited by santi218

fFathead
17 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Yep, it is. 👍

Anyway, after seeing several similar posts re:inability to unlock:

Monthly Premiere subscription will cost you round 5 bucks and it will "unlock" all devices for that period, I reckon that should give more than ample time for Google Play issues to get sorted for minimum investment. 

Yes, I could get Premiere, and if I could use the DVR function I probably would, but where I live this will not work, and the rest it not that useful to me.  The reason I use emby is it seems to be the only android tv app that can stream all 4k content from a server without stuttering or audio delays, or the most consistent at least, and for that I just need the app unlocked.  I still have 4 or 5 days left, so fingers crossed..

Anyway, keep up the good work 🙂

Junglejim
18 hours ago, santi218 said:

pfft, make me look like the bad guy? why flame on me when i myself supported the app and was just using the features emby has provided. I was merely stating on my post and you right away think i was complaining. is this how someone gets treated here especially a big supporter at that? 

Yeah sorry mate, but @ebr already explained what the deal was and as for being compensated.. that was a joke! They (Emby) did nothing wrong, and are trying to fix it. So just chill and see what happens..

Edysefer

Alguma previsão @ebr sobre a tratativa do assunto, ou tem alguma opção no site pra baixar o apk, pra instalar nos aparelhos temporariamente enquando o mesmo ainda nao foi liberado novamente na playstore?

27 minutes ago, Edysefer said:

Alguma previsão @ebr sobre a tratativa do assunto, ou tem alguma opção no site pra baixar o apk, pra instalar nos aparelhos temporariamente enquando o mesmo ainda nao foi liberado novamente na playstore?

Hi ,yes, apk's are available on our website for both android apps:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

https://emby.media/emby-for-android-tv.html

• Like 1

CBers
55 minutes ago, syralk said:

I also found it on Aptoide 

Never use a 3rd party website, as you'll never know if the are clean or have been infected with spy/malware. 

• Like 1