Emby Android TV app not available in Google Play Store

Jägs
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

1 hour ago, lenx74 said:

Hi,

I wannt to buy only emby app. Now that is off google play i have installed it manually. But now it require Emby premier subscription. Is there an option to just buy Emby android TV app?

Thanx

Hi. Unfortunately, that is not possible until Google re-instates us.

FrostByte
10 minutes ago, Starfire1 said:

Looks like it is now.😃

The standard Android app has been back for some time now, but I'm still not seeing the Android TV app in the Google Play store on my Shield

Unfortunately on my K55A1 Sony Bravia the app is not available yet, however it updated automatically to 2.0.70

I can confirm at the moment it is also not available through the Shield (2019 version)

Edysefer

Alguma previsão @ebr _ sobre a tratativa, ou tem alguma coisa ainda no site pra baixar, pra instalar nos a opção não disponível novamente quando o mesmo na playstore?

10 minutes ago, Edysefer said:

Alguma previsão @ebr _ sobre a tratativa, ou tem alguma coisa ainda no site pra baixar, pra instalar nos a opção não disponível novamente quando o mesmo na playstore?

Hi there, we are working on getting the app restored in the store and will let everyone know when it is. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Tom987979 said:

Is the free trial extending? It stopped for me all of a sudden today.

I have extended it again.

go2amp

Setting up new rig in daughter's room and discovered it wasn't in the Play Store any longer.

I was able to sideload with a USB stick and File Commander, but when did this happen?  Is this temporary, or should we expect to continue sideloading any new releases versions?

Will there still be new new releases versions???  😆

Just wondering what's up.

Thanks,
Drew

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, go2amp said:

Setting up new rig in daughter's room and discovered it wasn't in the Play Store any longer.

I was able to sideload with a USB stick and File Commander, but when did this happen?  Is this temporary, or should we expect to continue sideloading any new releases versions?

Will there still be new new releases versions???  😆

Just wondering what's up.

Thanks,
Drew

Merged with existing topic, but there are a few.

I marked my explanation of what is going on as the "solution" of this topic just to make it easy for people to find and know what is what.  When we finally get restored, I will change the solution.

Thanks.

Edysefer
On 24/04/2022 at 15:17, Luke said:

Olá, estamos trabalhando para restaurar o aplicativo na loja e avisaremos a todos quando for. Obrigado.

Entendi, minha presa é so porque utilizo o app nos aparelhos e nao consigo mais baixar, porem no site se nao me engano tem o apk ainda, posso pegar esse apk e hospedar no meu site com a autorização de voces claro assim facilitaria a instalação nos aparelhos pra mim tbm

14 minutes ago, Edysefer said:

Entendi, minha presa é so porque utilizo o app nos aparelhos e nao consigo mais baixar, porem no site se nao me engano tem o apk ainda, posso pegar esse apk e hospedar no meu site com a autorização de voces claro assim facilitaria a instalação nos aparelhos pra mim tbm

Hi, yes you can still install our android apps using the apk's on our website:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

https://emby.media/emby-for-android-tv.html

eradik

I side loaded the app from the website, but now I need to unlock the app in order to use it. I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the Play Store down. What can I do to use this?

FrostByte
7 minutes ago, eradik said:

I side loaded the app from the website, but now I need to unlock the app in order to use it. I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the Play Store down. What can I do to use this?

@ebrhas been temporarily extending the trial periods until it's resolved. You'll have to wait until he gets back.

eradik
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

@ebrhas been temporarily extending the trial periods until it's resolved. You'll have to wait until he gets back.

Great, thank you!

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

No one's trial should be expired at this point I don't think.  I just reset it on Monday.

• Like 1

ryankoch38
On 3/31/2022 at 7:04 AM, Bullite said:

I have no doubt the reason the app was removed from the Play store in the first place is because Emby collects payments externally, avoiding Google fees.

Does Plex not do that?

dvesely

So, I've followed these directions and it loaded perfectly!

However, version it installed is a very limited trial.  It says I can only play 1 minute of any video and will not "shuffle".

Keeps telling me I need to Buy Emby.

Did I get the wrong version? I tried 2 different links!

Can someone point to an APK that works please?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

LoV432
On 4/28/2022 at 7:25 AM, ebr said:

No one's trial should be expired at this point I don't think.  I just reset it on Monday.

My trial was working until 2 days ago....it shows expired today

OtakunSempai

Hi,

Is there a prediction of the return of the Emby application for Android TV devices on Google Play?

Before, I was a subscriber to Emby Premiere, I didn't use the resources for a while and I decided to cancel and buy the Android TV app unlock, but it's no longer on Google play and so I can't make the purchase... I don't used the Emby until then.

Until the Emby application returns to Android TV, would it be possible for you to understand my test period of the Android TV feature?

Update:  They have lifted the suspension but are forcing us to resubmit for review.  No idea how long the review period will be but we will let you know.

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1