Emby Android TV app not available in Google Play Store

Jägs
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

FrostByte
28 minutes ago, MzAmedia said:

Hi I'm newbie here.

As per topic issue, it also happen to me. I have to side load apk from wmby website. Everything good to go. However when I want to purchase playback unlock, error wrote 'the item you requested is not available for purchase'.

Please have a look on this issue. I'm really an active movie fan. I don't want this issue to appear once trial end.

ebr has been extending the trial period.  That's about all he can do until the issue is resolved with Google.  

• Like 1

MzAmedia
57 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

?? 

If you read a post literally before your own, it says:

meaning Google Play issues with Android TV app are not sorted yet, and no Unlock is currently possible. What more exactly would you like there to be looked at?

Sorry about my post earlier. Please consider it as panic post. I'm just afraid if unlock issue is a separate issue from Google play.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll let everyone know when it's back in the store. Thanks.

dbott
3 hours ago, Luke said:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll let everyone know when it's back in the store. Thanks.

Just a note, NVIDIA Shield is not yet able to be installed (Nor will Shield find it in the Play Store).  I am not sure why this is, as the the Shield is an Android device.  I was just installing another Shield and found this issue and Emby is my main source, so this is not a good thing.   (The other shields are still fine.)    

I keep seeing mentions of "Side Loading" but no info on HOW to sideload or what version is for what type of device.  Am I upset I can't do a simple install as I should be able to...Yup. Even more so being a full paid user.  (I also happen to be the one that lost ALL of our movies a few years back doing a delete of one movie and server code removed the entire movies directory! That was me...the one that told them of that major bug issue but the damage was done at point.)  So now, not being able to install without work arounds, is just bad.

As you can see in the attached, it shows that it is "Not Compatible" with my device.  

Ugh...Emby, this is embarrassing to say the least.  I read WHY it was removed...But still...it makes no sense seeing you can also share Plex with a simple login.  

screenshot_3445.png

• Confused 1

dbott
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Download the apk file: https://emby.media/emby-for-android-tv.html

Sideload instructions: 

HTH,

Paul

Thank you kindly.  However I use a Mac.  But thank you for which file I needed for the Shield.  Just need a way to get it installed. (I am still amazed this has happened and has not been resolved yet.)

dbott

Side Note:  GMail is showing the server this community is running can not be verified.  Seems as so the reverse DNS or the SPF records are not correct. (Emby Mods or Admins may care to look into this also.  The below message received when the reply notify came in for this thread.)

Be careful with this message

Gmail could not verify that it actually came from emby.media. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information.

• Like 1

Napsterbater
24 minutes ago, dbott said:

Side Note:  GMail is showing the server this community is running can not be verified.  Seems as so the reverse DNS or the SPF records are not correct. (Emby Mods or Admins may care to look into this also.  The below message received when the reply notify came in for this thread.)

Be careful with this message

Gmail could not verify that it actually came from emby.media. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information.

Counterpoint I am not seeing that message in gmail.

Also, shows signed and secured via TLS.

image.png.3082f4169d4daa34e3868b92e33b459f.png

rickgillyon
2 hours ago, dbott said:

Just a note, NVIDIA Shield is not yet able to be installed (Nor will Shield find it in the Play Store).  I am not sure why this is, as the the Shield is an Android device.  I was just installing another Shield and found this issue and Emby is my main source, so this is not a good thing.   (The other shields are still fine.)    

I keep seeing mentions of "Side Loading" but no info on HOW to sideload or what version is for what type of device.  Am I upset I can't do a simple install as I should be able to...Yup. Even more so being a full paid user.  (I also happen to be the one that lost ALL of our movies a few years back doing a delete of one movie and server code removed the entire movies directory! That was me...the one that told them of that major bug issue but the damage was done at point.)  So now, not being able to install without work arounds, is just bad.

As you can see in the attached, it shows that it is "Not Compatible" with my device.  

Ugh...Emby, this is embarrassing to say the least.  I read WHY it was removed...But still...it makes no sense seeing you can also share Plex with a simple login.  

screenshot_3445.png

Telling us the Shield is an Android device while posting a picture showing us Shield is an ANDROID TV device, while not knowing the difference, is not a good look. 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

dbott
2 hours ago, rickgillyon said:

Telling us the Shield is an Android device while posting a picture showing us Shield is an ANDROID TV device, while not knowing the difference, is not a good look. 🙄

LOL...TRUE!  :)  I see it reads Android TV.  However the screen shot is from the store directly when you use the link Emby provides even in this thread.  The issue is Emby has posted links to Android and Android TV (both read the same), so clearly I was confused seeing when the Shield boots it reads ANDROID and not ANDROID TV.  But in any case, it still can not be installed from the store. (Currently)

I know they, Emby, did not do this as it seems Google did it based on a report and they are working to get it resolved. But it never should have happened and find it kind of hard to believe. For as mentioned, Plex can be used across the net, just like Emby, yet it was not removed. (I guess no one reported it.)

Anyway,  hope they get it resolved as it surely does not look great for such a product. 

rrmelgar

just my luck yesterday  mon wanted to stream local channel for her "Novela" after taking 20 minutes setting up server found my self frustrated yelling at her go app store and install emby  what you mean you can't find it  EMBY  are you sure you type it correctly  emby " the logo should be black and green letters"  after few times fighting with her I checked my android phone it comes up.......  turn on TV  search on android tv  in living room just to make sure and nothing  I had to apologist lol 

temp fix told her use your phone APP and cast till visit other house 2 hours away  and sideload it for her or I'll pull my hair trying to explain how to sideload to her lol

thank god she knows how to cast  

glad they working on it ...  please fix it 😃

looks like it's been 2 months uh hope they fix it soon 

Edited by rrmelgar

2 hours ago, rrmelgar said:

looks like it's been 2 months uh hope they fix it soon 

Hi.  No, it has been just under 4 weeks.  Much longer than it is supposed to be but I'm afraid Google has all the power here and is in no hurry.  We'll let you know when it is back.

9 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Weird that one app has been back for a while and still no sign of the other. 

Yes but not unprecedented.  Our mobile app got kicked from the Amazon store years ago (and repeatedly after that as recently as just a few weeks ago) yet our Fire TV app is still there.

There is no rhyme or reason to how these app stores operate but they have ALL the power.  They can simply decide they don't like you.  Its their playground.

We believe the current situation is just an administrative screw up on their part but it is slow getting to the resolution.

• Like 1

pwhodges

I believe that trial status is being continuously extended until this problem is resolved, so a separate purchase mechanism should not be necessary.

Paul

Jefftra

I have just setup my server, now trying to install the app on my android streaming device.  I cannot find the app in google play store.  Any advice?

Thanks.

Jeff

branperryqc

Hi guys!

Just maded something easier for everyone if it happens another time!

The Downloader app by Elias Saba from AFTVnews had is own short URL & download codes you can generate.

Here's one for Emby:

or aftv.news/65418

Just enter the numerical code in the AFTVnews address bar & there you go!

You can easily direct install Emby on your Android TV (Google TV) devices.

Hope it helps! 🙏

The direct link I used is from the official GitHub repo of Emby, here's a proof :

image.thumb.png.f92c9e6be925665e3efb34f11b744947.png

• Like 1

Mookdog
1 hour ago, Jefftra said:

I have just setup my server, now trying to install the app on my android streaming device.  I cannot find the app in google play store.  Any advice?

Thanks.

Jeff

Yes for now u will have to sideload bc Google Play had taken it down. I believe it had to do something with the new android 11 standard. For now sideload it until the devs get it sorted.

Android TV version

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/androidtv/app-google-release.apk

Android Mobile Version

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/android/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk

Watson19
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Please use the links on our website:

https://emby.media/download.html

Thanks.

Hi ebr, 

I installed this from the links for nvidia shield and it now won’t let me watch anything after one play of a film, keeps telling me limit exceeded.. any ideas?

6 minutes ago, Watson19 said:

Hi ebr, 

I installed this from the links for nvidia shield and it now won’t let me watch anything after one play of a film, keeps telling me limit exceeded.. any ideas?

Please email billingsupport@emby.media

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Watson19 said:

Hi ebr, 

Exactly what does the message say?

lenx74

Hi,

I wannt to buy only emby app. Now that is off google play i have installed it manually. But now it require Emby premier subscription. Is there an option to just buy Emby android TV app?

Thanx