Community forum feedback

Abobader

CBers

@AbobaderI have been meaning to mention this for a while now, but in the DARK theme, something is wrong.

See you post here, which in the dark theme shows as this:

image.thumb.png.fbbac6cbe6d4850a66761f9552feaf9d.png

Not sure what options you used when posting, but I see the same happening across the forums.

Thanks.

• Like 1

@CBers

How about this now:

===

Good day,

We update the community forum, if anything not working as normal, please let us know.

Thanks all.

My best

===

As I paste with plain text above (ctrl+shift+v), but I think we made some modification to the editor by @softworkz some time ago that i can not remember witch we did.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Abobader said:

As I paste with plain text above (ctrl+shift+v), but I think we made some modification to the editor by @softworkz some time ago that i can not remember witch we did.

Hm - after looking a bit into it, these are my findings:

• The ckEditor version has changed from 4.20.1 to 4.21.0
    The change logs do not mention any change regarding the paste filter
  • The config that we had worked out for the editor's paste-filter is still the same
    It also doesn't get changed after we set it, it's still unchanged in the moment of paste
  • The editor's paste filter is pretty "generous".
    It allows things that we wouldn't want (like embed or script tags), but these couldn't be pasted nonetheless,
    • IIRC I was suspecting this being due to a custom clipboard plugin for the editor done by IPB
      which means that an additional filtering of pasted data was happening
    • In turn, we just did some slight modifications to the paste filter of the editor to remove those things (e.g. background-color) which would have been gone through otherwise

Preliminary diagnosis: Probably some IPB setting(s) got lost while updating - or haven't be re-applied yet. Or IPB made some changes in that area.
I think it's rather unlikely an issue at the side of ckEditor with our pasteFilter config. ckEditor 4 is EOL and 4.22 is the last official version, so it's extremely unlikely that they would make any functional changes to the very last versions.

Edited by softworkz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CBers said:

See you post here, which in the dark theme shows as this:

image.thumb.png.fbbac6cbe6d4850a66761f9552feaf9d.png

Not sure what options you used when posting, but I see the same happening across the forums.

@CBers - Do you mean you're seeing this for some longer time or just since the recent update?

seanbuff

Thanks @softworkz- for clarity, I don't believe this to be a new issue as such, much like CBers, I have been experiencing this for quite some but just haven't gotten around to reporting it.

As a full time Dark Theme user, I see it a lot on some of the Stock Replies used, like this one:

image.thumb.png.f98b82a47e4e55778c78ecbbc367d236.png

Presumably these responses were created in the standard light theme, and then copy/pasted to be a stock reply (retaining the background). Hyperlinks are completely invisible, unless you highlight select them.

If any user using the default white theme copies and pastes text into their reply, for a user viewing with the dark theme, they will see just that text with a white background.

image.thumb.png.3dffcb6f280dda3bb576ddaae630fe3c.png

The quick solution on the user side is to simply paste as clear-text (just like Abo did above) - or click image.png.e7f75b6f51bd015d347e584ed1d893ad.png when prompted.

• Like 2

@seanbuff - Thanks for the additional information. 

Today I tried to paste some thing from GitHub in dark mode and testipb and it appeared dark - but readable (white font). I had assumed that there has been a change since the update.
But if it wasn't, then think it's time to re-read the original conversation and see what the conclusion was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As explain by @softworkz and @seanbuff

Normally I use ctrl+shift+v to paste plain text or anyone can use the option as @seanbuff post in his last reply line option (you need to click the underline words not the x).

Well, we have the option for the editor to only post in plain text, but sure many of us will not like that.

I am sure @softworkz will come with something, for that, I will not search for a solution 🤣 

Seriously, big thanks to @softworkz for all his works.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I am sure @softworkz will come with something, for that, I will not search for a solution 🤣 

Seriously, big thanks to @softworkz for all his works.

I remember now that we had cases where we didn't want to strip all text and background colors (like for cases of CODE sections with syntax highlighting). But I still don't remember the full story (to many different things flying through me..)

Abo, do you know which conversation it was where we got this going? 

Ah, and one thing that you could maybe do: Cleaning the stock responses from color styles... Is that possible?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Abo, do you know which conversation it was where we got this going? 

I will search this today.

6 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Cleaning the stock responses from color styles... Is that possible?

All of them? ahh :)

Will do it later today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I will search this today.

All of them? ahh :)

Will do it later today.

Well - I don't have access...

But you can export them as html files and send them to me. Then I would strip the color styles and send them back to you.

Edited by softworkz

3 minutes ago, softworkz said:

But you can export them as html files and send them to me. Then I would strip the color styles and send them back to you.

I am doing this while enjoying my coffee at the moment :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I am doing this while enjoying my coffee at the moment :)

Sounds like a morning full of harmony - like in a commercial for coffee 🙂 

• Haha 1

Just in case your coffee is done earlier than the stock replies are done:

ChatGPT: Please write a node.js script which processes the html files in a given folder in a way that it removes all inline styles for 'color' and 'background-color'.

This time, it's not a joke - these are the things that really work 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

@softworkz Speaking of AI from ChatGPT, did you test Google, Apple, and Nvidia one, I heard many talking about it.

Tried none of them.

I read devastating reports about Google's - even calling it "embarrassing".
I'm not aware about Apple having even something remotely comparable (but I might be wrong/just don't know about it)
Nvidia have a lot of AI solutions, yet rather specific ones (e.g. object recognition from videos), but same like Apple, I'm not aware that they would have any LLM playing in the same league (of course the OpenAI gpt models run very well on their hardware).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, softworkz said:

Ah, and one thing that you could maybe do: Cleaning the stock responses from color styles... Is that possible?

Done.

• Like 1

I'm not deep into the subject, just following alongside, but there are two details which gained my attention: 

1. It appears that the training data for the OpenAI models hasn't changed since GPT 3. Not with ChatGPT3, Da-Vinci/GPT3.5, neither ChatGPT4 not GPT4. All have the same knowledge cutoff in December 2021, so it's quite unlikely that there's any difference in the training data.
    That's remarkable, because previously, every new model generation was based on a massively increased data source. But no increase since OpenAI's GPT3 .
    What has increased though, is the size of context data (kind of like the capacity of short-term memory when processing a series of requests)
    But besides that, if the didn't increase the source data, what did they do meanwhile?
  2. Also interesting is that fine-tuning (feeding an existing gpt model with your own specific knowledge data) is not available for GPT 3.5 Turbo or GPT-4 (yet announced for later this year).

Hence, my conclusion is that the main difference between those models is some kind of fine-tuning that they do. Not in the classic way of feeding specific data, but maybe rather thing like patterns for problem-solving etc. 
(though, I'm just speculating here...)

• Like 1

CBers

I've never come across "ctrl+shift+v ", in all my years working in IT.

I've always just used ctrl+c to copy, or ctrl+x to cut, and then ctrl+v to paste.

This is my "ctrl+shift+v" pasting result> ctrl+shift+v 

• Like 1

CBers
Just now, CBers said:

I've always just used ctrl+c to copy, or ctrl+x to cut, and then ctrl+v to paste.

This is my "ctrl+shift+v" pasting result> ctrl+shift+v 

No white back ground.

@abobader Do you use a MAC By any chance?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CBers said:

Do you use a MAC By any chance?

In the past I used to use mac's a lots, but now I have mac air laptop that new m2 but only use it once :)

What you want me to test on it?

CBers
3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

In the past I used to use mac's a lots, but now I have mac air laptop that new m2 but only use it once :)

What you want me to test on it?

Just wondered if the white background when posting was MAC related.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBers said:

Yes, that the general shortcut for these, well in web app like browsers and many applications it use the ctrl+shift+v to paste plain text "without formatting" as you indeed know that Keith.

4 minutes ago, CBers said:

Just wondered if the white background when posting was MAC related.

It not OS related only buddy, but sure i will test it for you tonight.

• Like 1

pünktchen

Here's another one with unreadable text in dark theme: 

This is how it looks like for me in Chrome desktop:

image.png.2c60a8348b669aabda8832245f13c029.png

• Agree 2