Community forum feedback

Abobader

Good day,

We update the community forum, if anything not working as normal, please let us know.

Thanks all.

My best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Q-Droid

Did something change recently? There's very little visual difference between unread and read topics. I think there was more contrast between them until very recently.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Did something change recently? There's very little visual difference between unread and read topics. I think there was more contrast between them until very recently.

We update the forum today, but hardly I notice the issue, what theme?

Yes, this the new design theme by the software company we used, mainly new one as bold as you already notice.

2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Default theme but Dark and Blue have the same low contrast. 

The themes fixed by our themes designer @softworkz 

Let us know if all fine now. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Q-Droid
25 minutes ago, Abobader said:

The themes fixed by our themes designer @softworkz 

Let us know if all fine now. Thanks.

Yes, it's better now. Thanks! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good day,

We update the forum today so if you come with any issue, please report it in this thread.

Thanks.

My best

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy

you might want to look at this, i havent seen it before and not sure if its intended. at the end of any thread that i have started i see the below and i am able to use it to lock the thread

image.thumb.png.a6d978549eb91b159870fe5b123bc6d3.png

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

you might want to look at this, i havent seen it before and not sure if its intended. at the end of any thread that i have started i see the below and i am able to use it to lock the thread

image.thumb.png.a6d978549eb91b159870fe5b123bc6d3.png

That is available because you fall in "Top Contributor" group:

The group Top Contributor has all the "Members" group options, plus:

- Hide it own contents.

- Lock and unlock own thread.

- Can close his own poll.

- Bypass flood control.

- Nice indicated badge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

- Nice indicated badge

ahh, need to finish this.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Gilgamesh_48

When I open the "Notifications" screen I get a huge popup about enabling "push" notifications. I do NOT ever want or need such but I keep, every day or so, getting the notify cation. There is NO button on that junk screen saying anything at all like "Do not show this again." The only options are "Enable notifications" and the close x in the corner.

I never ever want push notifications at all. They do nothing to enhance my experience and the are very irritating.

How do I get rid of the stupid popup permanently?

Hi @Gilgamesh_48,

Seem you have some cookies plugin for the browser to clear it when you exit, so can you make exception for the Emby site, that will solve the issue.

Gilgamesh_48
Just now, Abobader said:

Hi @Gilgamesh_48,

Seem you have some cookies plugin for the browser to clear it when you exit, so can you make exception for the Emby site, that will solve the issue.

I have no such plugin. I do, from time to time, manually clear cookies but I have not done that for a few weeks. Also I believe the forum login is tied to cookies and I never am forced to login.

Do you have another guess?

As well check your OS for notification settings.

That all I can think off at the moment (consider I just wake up) :)

@Gilgamesh_48

ah, ok, click on the notify icon then "Notification settings" down the page stop the push notify.

I think that it.

Gilgamesh_48
29 minutes ago, Abobader said:

As well check your OS for notification settings.

That all I can think off at the moment (consider I just wake up) :)

Just woke up????? I thought you were in Europe. Clearly I was wrong. If you don't mind telling, where are you? Assuming normal sleep patterns "just woke up" would place you about in the same latitude range as India(in lie with New Delli or so), area. But there are a huge number of countries in those latitudes including Western Australia, Western China, Part of central Russia and, if my old brain remembers that area decently the countries to the west of China including a number of the " 'Stans."

24 minutes ago, Abobader said:

@Gilgamesh_48

ah, ok, click on the notify icon then "Notification settings" down the page stop the push notify.

I think that it.

In notification settings the Push Notifications were already set to "off." Also if it were on then why would I get the message telling me to turn them on?
However, knowing a bit about computers, I will as soon as I post this go back to that are and turn Push Notifications on. Then exit Emby. Then reenter it and tune it back off.

After doing that, if I see the notice again, I will report back. However, as with the popup you had at the top of the forum, if I see it again I may just use my ad-blocker to hide it. If it works for those other things it might work for this.

Also I believe I will add one more step and exit and reenter FireFox.

Is it not amazing that computers can screw up so much and appear to be working correctly? ;)

EDIT to add: I performed the above, mostly, and after I reentered Emby there seems no way to disable notifications again. It just shows that it is "enabled."

I will run like this for a while and, if I run into other related problems, I will get back to you here.

BTW: Thanks for the help. :D

Edited by Gilgamesh_48
  • Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

I just wanted to report, as a followup to the above post, that after I rebooted the computer, with a power cycle this time,, the option to enable/disable push notifications reappeared. I am going to, for now, continue to run with them on as, so far, I have seen no adverse indications.

Maybe this will help some one in the future as I do tend to break things in unusual manners and it is possible that someone else may do something as stupid as I. :) ;) :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good day,

We update the community forum, please report back any issue, thanks all.

My best

• Like 1

darkassassin07

@AbobaderWould it be possible to have a filter for content you've interacted with?

As in look as a particular sub-forum and only see posts you've created or commented on.

This would be particularly useful in the Feature Requests forum.

14 hours ago, darkassassin07 said:

Would it be possible to have a filter for content you've interacted with?

Activity >> My Activity Streams >> Create new Stream

14 hours ago, darkassassin07 said:

As in look as a particular sub-forum

A "by-forum filter" is the only missing part for activity streams...

• Like 1

darkassassin07

Ah, hadn't found those; but yeah a by-forum filter would be good.

I just figured adding a couple more options to the existing filters would be quite handy. They're right there after all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good day,

We update the community forum, if anything not working as normal, please let us know.

Thanks all.

My best

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

Thanks all.

My best

Thanks Abo. Looks like the ## feature needs restoring.

• Thanks 1