Community forum feedback

Abobader

Good day,

I edit that post, for that we have at the editor option to post as code or at least quote one.

Also formatting matter when copy and paste as I post about this above.

My best 

pünktchen
25 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

I edit that post, for that we have at the editor option to post as code or at least quote one.

Also formatting matter when copy and paste as I post about this above.

My best 

I know about this, but most user do not. Especially if they use the default (white) theme, they do not even notice the problem. As a result users of the dark theme always have to switch back and forth between the themes.

• Agree 2

So you all fine if I enable the settings for the editor to "always paste as plain text"?

Let me know, thanks.

CBers
2 minutes ago, Abobader said:

So you all fine if I enable the settings for the editor to "always paste as plain text"?

Let me know, thanks.

Will that affect images? 

Always paste as plain text:

Applies to both formatting (bold/italic, color, etc.) and schematic structure (links, headers, lists, etc.).

GrimReaper
24 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I'm not, as that option is always available in Edit window, I prefer to have that control and decide whether to paste original or plain text. 

40 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Let me know, thanks.

I often apply formatting when writing. Sometimes I decide not to send a message yet and send it to myself for later, or I'm posting something which I had written earlier in a PM. I really don't want to lose the formatting each time.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:02 AM, Abobader said:

Well, we have the option for the editor to only post in plain text, but sure many of us will not like that.

As I said before that I do not like to enable "always paste as plain text", the problem indeed happens for whom using dark themes, from a post from the default theme with text color format.

We for sure will think for a solution for this.

The problem seems to be that ckEditor is treating "internal content" (= from our own forums) differently when pasting.
Did anybody notice this problem to happen when pasting something from a different website?

darkassassin07

Is there a way to just strip text+background colours, setting a default pallet, while leaving the rest of the formatting alone?

I doubt anyone needs to copy the colour scheme in their pastes.

8 hours ago, darkassassin07 said:

Is there a way to just strip text+background colours, setting a default pallet, while leaving the rest of the formatting alone?

Yes, I did find in the past a solution for this, and will apply it tomorrow and I will open a thread in this forum section for testing matters. It will not only fix the color matters for default/dark themes, but as well for mobile font and a like.

Edited by Abobader
words correction .. more edit
  • Like 5

roaku

Am I really not able to edit my posts in my own threads anymore?

I've always edited the early posts to track version histories and update plugin files so users can easily find up to date information.

Not sure how to do that now.

5 minutes ago, roaku said:

Am I really not able to edit my posts in my own threads anymore?

Yes, new rule (for some time now) you have 3 hours time to edit your thread/post.

6 minutes ago, roaku said:

Not sure how to do that now.

Simply report a thread or post to be edit (what need to be done) and our mod's team will do it for you.

Thanks.

• Facepalm 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:12 AM, Abobader said:

Yes, I did find in the past a solution for this, and will apply it tomorrow and I will open a thread in this forum section for testing matters. It will not only fix the color matters for default/dark themes, but as well for mobile font and a like.

Sorry for the delay, this will apply tomorrow, as the mod's team finish testing then I got busy :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CBers

Still getting issues in the DARK THEME on the forums.

image.png.831520036cf0b6f91ff41571d9d6a0d9.png

This is what it looks like it I highlight the text:

image.png.ddebf01d181faf1062bb5fe816f17262.png

This is Eric's post here.

1 hour ago, CBers said:

Still getting issues in the DARK THEME on the forums.

They are some threads as the example above will always face the problem, reason it maybe copied from another website, especial color font format, ... etc.

I was talking with the dev of the modification and what I post above is main reply I got and that what I knew already but was looking for a solution or more as well a feedback to him for next build for that modification.

Also the modification will work best for a threads of this kind of format "after" it install, not before.

You can at the moment for old thread when copying/paste to use:

2023-09-01_15-56-51.png

• Like 1

CBers

That thread gets updated whenever Eric releases a new version of the Android TV app, so it has been around a while (December 2016).

This is the first time I've seen it do this.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CBers said:

That thread gets updated whenever Eric releases a new version of the Android TV app, so it has been around a while (December 2016).

He simply edit the text, when you do, the same format stay.

1 hour ago, CBers said:

This is the first time I've seen it do this.

You mean before the modification was fine when you copy and paste from default theme to the dark themes?

CBers
32 minutes ago, Abobader said:

He simply edit the text, when you do, the same format stay.

You mean before the modification was fine when you copy and paste from default theme to the dark themes?

I'm not sure what Eric did/does, but it's yesterday's update which has changed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good day,

We done a maintenance update for the community forum, please report any issue, thanks all.

My best

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4