Cheesey Productions Presents: IRIDIUM

Cheesegeezer

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Had a wee play again today, and just about got the details landing page finished.  Still need to add the top page menu, and fix the runtime ticks and add the "Ends at:" also.

I will change the buttons to Icons more than likely.

image.thumb.png.0ba1f071ce471951167a0785babd60cb.png

image.thumb.png.9ffc44765117f754da461a2e013a418f.png

• Like 2

Hey Cheese.  Just a word of advice - take it or leave it - but centered paragraphs of text can be quite challenging to read as your eye has to "hunt" for the beginning of the next line.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

arrbee99

Thanks very yummy....but the ocd in me wishes the bottom of the poster coverart thingy lined up with the top of semi-transparent media info bit.

Cheesegeezer
44 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hey Cheese.  Just a word of advice - take it or leave it - but centered paragraphs of text can be quite challenging to read as your eye has to "hunt" for the beginning of the next line.

Maui doesn’t have a justify which is what i want, but I totally agree and i will just go for standard

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Thanks very yummy....but the ocd in me wishes the bottom of the poster coverart thingy lined up with the top of semi-transparent media info bit.

More like the spotlight on the home page.

Cheesegeezer
27 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

ahhhh i get you, but thats just the covers I download for 4k, not part of coverart.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
22 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Any estimate when the beta will be available to us ?

Looks so beatifiul !

Thanks, it’s a long way of (2 months min) because i have a crazy workload job, and a farm to run. I just need to find time 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

arrbee99

2 months is a long way off ? I'm not going to make any comment about the speed of next gen live tv then...

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

2 months is a long way off ? I'm not going to make any comment about the speed of next gen live tv then...

Initially this will be movies, tvshows, music.

then standalone music app

then i will add LiveTV, but the community Will drive the priorities as they always do.

Cheesegeezer

To be fair i could use some help, so if anyone is proficient in c# that would be a huge help to speed things up. I’ve pretty much got the front end side sown up with XAML and ViewModels.

arrbee99

Actually, I'm complementing you on your skills and the stpeed you're doing things while taking the opportunity to have a dig at the way softworkz brilliant work on Nextgen TV has been going (almost) nowhere for years.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, ebr said:

One other thing Eric…. You taught me loads and i have learnt from the best… so thank you!

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:04 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Home screen is getting there.  ignore the dual taglines

image.thumb.png.78fd9b39f3d1be56421e6f0377fa8577.png

image.thumb.png.888376080bc50b566b8c713493afee5e.png

Hey @Cheesegeezer thanks for the redirect from the other page. i didn't realize you was working on something like this 😮

after reading through and seeing the fantastic work you guys have done already and still doing is amazing and would love to thank you for even doing something like this, i know so many people are after something like this. myself included. i know things are still be developed and would like to ask a few questions on the ui if thats okay ? 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

i know things are still be developed and would like to ask a few questions on the ui if thats okay ? 

Shoot… my good man 👍

24 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Shoot… my good man 👍

okay cool :) so the 1st question would be i noticed in the image i quoted before has the iridium logo instead of the emby logo does this mean we would be able you use our own logos to? 

- next would be customization, as going through i have read about a lot of things that could be customized is this still the case and what types would we have ?

- maybe part or the second question but with the top bar can this be changed to have just the headers without a box around it ? a little like how netflix does theirs with having just a line under it when selected, also within this question currently emby has many top tabs when in movies and tv shows do we have the option to hide these i.e trailers, favorites but most of all FOLDERS lol ( sorry for the caps but i have been wanting to get rid of folders from the start as i feel its a backend thing for the admin lol) 

- last but not least will this be available on all devices like tv phone web and theater with options of colour themes attached. 

sorry for so many questions just getting really excited with what you are all working on lol :)

EDIT : forgot to add as well once you finish this amazing project dont forget to charge my friend :) 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
added

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

okay cool :) so the 1st question would be i noticed in the image i quoted before has the iridium logo instead of the emby logo does this mean we would be able you use our own logos to? 

I’m not sure at the moment, user customisation will come towards the end of the project

- next would be customization, as going through i have read about a lot of things that could be customized is this still the case and what types would we have ?

Yes i am planning on customisation. Mainly Colors and possibly styles, however would require the user to have some XAML knowledge to implement.

other customisation will be which view type for each library and display.

- maybe part or the second question but with the top bar can this be changed to have just the headers without a box around it ? a little like how netflix does theirs with having just a line under it when selected,

I haven’t even started on finessing the look, but it’s my plan all along

also within this question currently emby has many top tabs when in movies and tv shows do we have the option to hide these i.e trailers, favorites but most of all FOLDERS lol ( sorry for the caps but i have been wanting to get rid of folders from the start as i feel its a backend thing for the admin lol) 

If you have used MB(emby) in WMC then this is what im going for. 

- last but not least will this be available on all devices like tv phone web and theater with options of colour themes attached. 

Yup its built in NET MAUI, which is the new Xamarin forms IDE and is compatible with iOS, MacOS, Android, Android TV, Windows desktop and Tizen(Samsung).

sorry for so many questions just getting really excited with what you are all working on lol :)

EDIT : forgot to add as well once you finish this amazing project dont forget to charge my friend :) 

Thanks for your support, appreciate it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I’m not sure at the moment, user customisation will come towards the end of the project

Yes i am planning on customisation. Mainly Colors and possibly styles, however would require the user to have some XAML knowledge to implement.

other customisation will be which view type for each library and display.

I haven’t even started on finessing the look, but it’s my plan all along

If you have used MB(emby) in WMC then this is what im going for. 

Yup its built in NET MAUI, which is the new Xamarin forms IDE and is compatible with iOS, MacOS, Android, Android TV, Windows desktop and Tizen(Samsung).

Thanks for your support, appreciate it.

love it, love it and love it lol love it to all questions thank you. and must admit i have never used XAML at all not even great is Java lol but if thats what i need to learn then ill start now haha. thanks @Cheesegeezer for replying and cant wait for this to come into beta and final stages. 

keep up the fantastic work my friend :)

• Like 1

yardameus
On 12/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks, it’s a long way of (2 months min) because i have a crazy workload job, and a farm to run. I just need to find time 

Any amount of time we'd have to wait for this is less time than we've had to wait for Emby Theater themes.  In other words, I'm grateful you put in all this work.  I know what you come up with will be amazing.  Emby Theater is great but I miss the customization of Mediabrowser for WMC (or Kodi).

• Like 2

jblaze12

This is exactly what I've been hoping for (but for the android tv app). However, having it in some form is still amazing. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
5 hours ago, jblaze12 said:

This is exactly what I've been hoping for (but for the android tv app). However, having it in some form is still amazing. Can't wait!

Try reading thru from a couple of pages ago. Thanks

start here

Edited by Cheesegeezer

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

it's getting there.  I've got issues with the Android resolution.

and this is on the emulator and also the Bluestacks, gonna take some more research to get it working.

but i added a refresh cache button now, and it works a treat.

plus i'm sold on the Home page UI now.  I just need to refine the Library Buttons, i can't get rid of that damn box.  And if i do then switching to the next library doesn't work!!

Not sure why i still can't get the images to show for the mediainfo Icons.#

it's pulling the right images but not showing them

so you can see here that as i change libraries the spotlight is requesting what the video codec image is and guess what it returns the correct value but it just doesn't display.

image.png.cb90d6222f97f593d8166372a4ed7782.png

What are your thoughts

image.thumb.png.e1877cfe4c211d595f8d5267565478f1.png

image.thumb.png.9ed808d53c15e4f39a19a6258eb48d67.png

• Like 3

hey @Cheesegeezer looking fantastic my friend you are nailing this, one quick question though do you think we would be able to have a few different top bar layout if possible? ie what you have now, another one like this one below so its without a grid and boxes around it?  and maybe a side option ? if not its fine just seeing whats possible lol 

image.thumb.png.63b041b723e19a08324e7421d9d1d304.png

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

hey @Cheesegeezer looking fantastic my friend you are nailing this, one quick question though do you think we would be able to have a few different top bar layout if possible? ie what you have now, another one like this one below so its without a grid and boxes around it?  and maybe a side option ? if not its fine just seeing whats possible lol 

image.thumb.png.63b041b723e19a08324e7421d9d1d304.png

Thanks.

let me get it up and running first, then i can look into theming and customisation.

crawl, walk, run my friend

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1