Cheesey Productions Presents: IRIDIUM

Cheesegeezer

evewatchesstuff

This is phenomenal looking. I've been poking around at building an alternative frontend for emby but this really looks impressive, especially since it seems quite customizable. 

Would love to get involved in testing this. Dropped you a PM

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, evewatchesstuff said:

This is phenomenal looking. I've been poking around at building an alternative frontend for emby but this really looks impressive, especially since it seems quite customizable. 

Would love to get involved in testing this. Dropped you a PM

Doooood if you wanna team up and build together then we can do it. My JS is shocking but I’m learning.

thanks for the kind words, i really wanna get this out at some point. I had December in my head but thats just simply not achievable lol 😂 

• 3 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

So, i've completely changed the programming language now. I've moved away from Web Development and I'm using .Net MAUI now.  Which is a great for x platform development.  Its still very new platform and has it's limitiations but I think that in the next 6 months it's gonna be pretty well rounded and feature rich.

It makes sense to me because i can deploy on android, android TV, iOS, MacOs and Windows Desktop.  

I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out but the basics are there and it's pleasant to work with, quite similar to WMC MVVM structure so i'm feeling quite at home.

Routing is bliss!! Templating is also great so and i can write in c# which reduces my learning curve massively.

Anyway i looks very similar to the Javascript version i was working on and i'm certainly happy with it so far.

image.thumb.png.53abc14987c2a812f657d81dee979b8e.png

image.png.2448b2a521a9131cd44fbd9ac76865cc.png

Datagram is sent over the local network to find local servers

image.png.d80a2002aff5cc60f6a56aed99813441.png

Select Users and then you have the option to stay signed in

image.png.899294630fbed2dd32cf2c5e7e3d8035.png

image.thumb.png.f373ddba29013af3420afc2f876d7331.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

that was a lot of work refactoring.

I really love the look Now, need to add in indicators on the top menu and thinking of a clean blue underline to show which tab is currently selected.

image.thumb.png.032a2073919df47303399ace710f6c7a.png

Scrollable Main View that doesnt hinder the side or top menus

image.thumb.png.4e9fee039df8060273f13a7cdfa08c9b.png

4K MOVIES

image.thumb.png.74c35948c8b14dd60f58509a70cd6212.png

Comedy

image.thumb.png.642faa01e6844997daee550767fe6520.png

i still need to add an imageFactory to cator for different scenarios. 

frickin lush tho… and it really loves a 4k display 

• Like 1

sydlexius

@CheesegeezerWhat's up with the kerning of the text for section headers such as "NEW ADDITIONS"?  It seems to be the glyph for I that is broken in particular.

image.png.67fa6295ee89703f1cfe00933c58657a.png

Edited by sydlexius
Found more instances of kerning issues...

Cheesegeezer
15 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

@CheesegeezerWhat's up with the kerning of the text for section headers such as "NEW ADDITIONS"?  It seems to be the glyph for I that is broken in particular.

image.png.67fa6295ee89703f1cfe00933c58657a.png

Its fixed width font

Future fixed-width from Dafont.com

it was in the WMC version of this! 

Cheesegeezer

@Luke have a question chief?

what is the deal with desktop implementation in WPF, Xamarin or MAUI, JS or anything these days and the lack of native KeyboardInputCommand implementation? 

Do you have anything saved from the original WPF MBT that i can steal? As a boiler plate i can integrate. 

we are just assumed that we are all swipey swipey devs. It’s a lot of work. 

MAUI is shocking for keyboard interaction, the have Semantic classes which is similar to Aria in JS. But ooooft its hard work and they removed the useful from Xamarin in Maui! 

cheers bud 👍👍

sydlexius
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Its fixed width font

Future fixed-width from Dafont.com

it was in the WMC version of this! 

Understood.  Regardless, it visually stands out to pedants such as myself :)  I have plenty of fixed width fonts that I use that are properly kerned.  What they all seem to have in common is they're either full- or semi-serif fonts (typically full serif for uppercase).  I've yet to see a complete sans-serif monospace font that looked good.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Understood.  Regardless, it visually stands out to pedants such as myself :)  I have plenty of fixed width fonts that I use that are properly kerned.  What they all seem to have in common is they're either full- or semi-serif fonts (typically full serif for uppercase).  I've yet to see a complete sans-serif monospace font that looked good.

You have options to set your own fonts for titles, taglines, synopsis, etc 

dinnae worry pal 😉

• Thanks 1

sydlexius
Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

You have options to set your own fonts for titles, taglines, synopsis, etc 

dinnae worry pal 😉

FYI, that font is properly kerned in WMC 😛

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, sydlexius said:

I did muck about with CharacterSpacing in Maui and it looks 🤮 

joys of learning new code environments lol 😂 

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Actually do you have any good UI fonts that pop and look super clean? I also notice in MAUI that it really pixilates the not native fonts.

sydlexius
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Its the “I”’s that make it look poo 💩 

I need some reading glasses or something.  Now that I look at it, its kerning is off a bit too.  Not having much of a knack for JS/CSS, I assume there's a way to toy with it?

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, sydlexius said:

I need some reading glasses or something.  Now that I look at it, its kerning is off a bit too.  Not having much of a knack for JS/CSS, I assume there's a way to toy with it?

This is XAML and C# code behind.

MVVM

not JS any more thank god!!

Edited by Cheesegeezer

sydlexius
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

This is XAML and C# code behind.

MVVM

not JS any more thank god!!

Got it!  I'd love to play around more with XAML to replace some of my PowerShell forms, but without external modules it's horrible to implement...even with some of the modules out there it's still no fun.  There's subscription-licensed tools like PowerShell Pro, and perhaps I could give those a try.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Got it!  I'd love to play around more with XAML to replace some of my PowerShell forms, but without external modules it's horrible to implement...even with some of the modules out there it's still no fun.  There's subscription-licensed tools like PowerShell Pro, and perhaps I could give those a try.

Yup XAML is actually pretty good, android uses it, windows, etc, but its a standard like an xml file so it makes sense to use something that is and will be constantly supported. 

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Been working on a cool feature.

Added in a custom api function to allow users to create their own RAL lists to the home screen.

This will let the user chose what they want for every library to be shown.

Home screen with size menu implemented.

image.png.b72590d5fa14e28c6a87f09654a8916b.thumb.png.a9c47c49755578dce0fb2287f58d9122.png

expand the menu and then choose the Custom Library option

image.png.8a82a4d463749f863533ccbd8a4b0acc.thumb.png.806ed98c41b2f7888f32e2efb661b037.png

then play with the options

most calls will require a userId and an apiKey, the json option allow for the couple of scenarios where the Json return isn't wrapped in an Items: array

image.thumb.png.854193c0182f10a727d52cbba05231ef.png

Tested without json on return an empty array

image.png.633542354fa9a2fcf33b4602fd3742f6.png

Test Ran with Json turned on - Returns my custom api call to get top rated items.

image.png.e40c76d4ffbda3ecb8a78c17e4fa7712.png

• Like 3