New theme - Plex inspired look

fillidill

Locutus64

@fillidill just added this to the 4.7.0.28 beta and simply loving it. Thanks

EDIT:

Just noticed that Last Night's on the home screen doesn't have it's normal box. I'm assuming it's something to do with the fact that I only put loose episodes in that folder that I haven't watched yet.

1773240325_LastNights.thumb.png.2892c923e732d150c3f2eb83de4ea3df.png

Edited by Locutus64
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

Just noticed that Last Night's on the home screen doesn't have it's normal box. I'm assuming it's something to do with the fact that I only put loose episodes in that folder that I haven't watched yet.

OT:  Sounds correct, if no series are identified then no dynamic images can be created.

• Like 1

Locutus64

There still should be a default placeholder image for the home screen. If not something to consider, consider under the default theme "Last Night's" did not stand out like that.

arrbee99

If you're desperate you can make your own thumb to match. There was a thread somewhere but can't find it.

I think you create a temp library of type, maybe, photos and put 4 or 5 images in it of items from that Last Nights Library. Hopefully a refresh or restart will encourage Emby to make a thumb for the temp library. You go to that library and in the browser address bar at the top you find the folder which matches the code after parentid=. Copy the poster in that folder to Last Nights using Edit Images and delete the temp library.

• Thanks 1

Locutus64

@arrbee99 OK long story short til this morning that library had 4 images from a show that was in it months ago, that was the only series in it at the time it was created. When I add this CSS and saw that library was still looking the same I deleted it and recreated it getting the blank library. I just copied 4 shows to it, scanned the library, deleted the copied shows, rescanned the library, refreshed the page and the images are still on it. I even did a restart of Emby and they're still there. Not to shabby of a cheat if I do say so. Thanks for giving me the idea.

Screenshot_20220305_135618.thumb.png.d51b661ca1a6c30a6d46e1f6a919b7f9.png

• Like 2

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

@arrbee99 OK long story short til this morning that library had 4 images from a show that was in it months ago, that was the only series in it at the time it was created. When I add this CSS and saw that library was still looking the same I deleted it and recreated it getting the blank library. I just copied 4 shows to it, scanned the library, deleted the copied shows, rescanned the library, refreshed the page and the images are still on it. I even did a restart of Emby and they're still there. Not to shabby of a cheat if I do say so. Thanks for giving me the idea.

Screenshot_20220305_135618.thumb.png.d51b661ca1a6c30a6d46e1f6a919b7f9.png

If you don't want to repeat that process whenever auto-generated image is refreshed (in your case: deleted), you can save that image for future use. Which browser you use, looks like Vivaldi?

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Jolly good.

Bear in mind what GrimReaper said - auto-generated images also get auto-updated, which is generally fine if you've got a decent amount of stuff in your library, but maybe add the image manually if not, or at least copy and save somewhere, just in case.

• Like 1

Locutus64

Thanks Grim / Bee but something tells me that the images I have in now are going anywhere till I rebuild that library, or reinstall the OS and Emby.  I say this cause the auto generate had to have run at least once since that show aired over a year ago, and that's when it was watched and filed away out of that library.

Edited by Locutus64

GrimReaper
38 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

but something tells me that the images I have in now are going anywhere till I rebuild that library

Nope, they are refreshed every few weeks upon library scan; if you have no shows inside at that time, it'll get deleted.

Locutus64
12 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, they are refreshed every few weeks upon library scan; if you have no shows inside at that time, it'll get deleted.

And I'm telling you those images have been on there for MONTHS not just weeks. I don't mean to be rude but I do know how long those images were there. It may not be meant to keep them that long, but it did.

GrimReaper
Just now, Locutus64 said:

And I'm telling you those images have been on there for MONTHS not just weeks. I don't mean to be rude but I do know how long those images were there. It may not be meant to keep them that long, but it did.

Sure, it might as well be, we're just advising you that they will eventually get removed; if it lasts for few months - for the better, but I know they never lasted that long for me, few weeks at the most, on all libraries, before I put custom ones. 

Happy2Play

OT: Yes dynamic images are suppose to update every week where custom images never change.

I tested with the beta code, and you should still see a placeholder.  So, I am not sure if there is a difference in the code as I have not tested it.

image.png.a42751574d366386011c72ca388e07d7.png

Locutus64

OK Grim now that I've done it that way if it works correctly this time and actually removes the images I'll do it the other way. I already have folders for TV posters and banners, and one for movie posters and banners.

Happy if you look at my screenshot I wasn't even getting the place holder just the TV icon. No biggy now everything looks as it should.

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

Happy if you look at my screenshot I wasn't even getting the place holder just the TV icon. No biggy now everything looks as it should.

Have not scrubbed the code but yes there is a difference between stable and beta code.

image.png.c2aac41009ea79e6accf7e2ce9c3e2ee.png

Locutus64

@Happy2Play ok I guess I have one more thing How do I remove the blur from the background so the banners aren't blurred?

Screenshot_20220305_165618.thumb.png.86189321d130af162d1b6d073dbdc3df.png

Edited by Locutus64

arrbee99

Just in case Happy2Play has gone to bed / gone shopping / gone to have dinner, I think in the css you copied you should find something like this -

div.backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {backdrop-filter: blur(6px);}

and just turn it into a comment, as in

/*div.backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {backdrop-filter: blur(6px);}*/

Happy2Play actually knows what he's talking about though, so bear that in mind...

• Like 1

arrbee99

I also can't help pointing out that (too me) it looks much better if you get rid of the poster entirely on that page (and move the rest down).

Happy2Play
53 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

@Happy2Play ok I guess I have one more thing How do I remove the blur from the background so the banners aren't blurred?

Screenshot_20220305_165618.thumb.png.86189321d130af162d1b6d073dbdc3df.png

You would look at the already applied css in this theme.

image.png.83ab6825af838714d6a8917e6552da4a.png

Locutus64

I tried removi/ng the poster and moving the text down and it just looked off to me, but that just my opinion.

Happy I don't think I'm getting what you mean.

Edited by Locutus64
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

Happy I don't think I'm getting what you mean.

This theme is applying the code I highlighted.  Look in the Custom Css box for that code and adjust it.  You can adjust it on the fly in the browser console to see what you like then change the code via the css box.

This is the code from that theme.

.backgroundContainer.itemBackgroundContainer.withBackdrop, .backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {
    -webkit-backdrop-filter: saturate(1.5) blur(0.5em);
    backdrop-filter: saturate(1.5) blur(0.5em);
}

and

@media (min-width: 50em){
	div.itemBackgroundContainer.withBackdrop, .backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {
		background:linear-gradient(77deg ,rgb(75 75 75 / 81%) 0,rgb(0 0 0 / 55%) 50%,rgb(0 0 0 / 25%) 100%)!important;
	}
}

Does removing the first section from custom css accomplish what you want?

arrbee99
15 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

I tried removi/ng the poster and moving the text down and it just looked off to me, but that just my opinion.

Just a thought  -

1006798363_EmbyBournewidescreensmall.jpg.f4b9de66012f15a118e33e468cf91bdb.jpg

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Locutus64

Happy removing the top one removes the backdrop altogether, or at least that's what I got.

arrbee99 that just looks naked to me. Maybe I'd get use to it in time, but to do that is all the more reason to get rid of the background blur altogether to make sure the image pops.

Grim looks like that Emby keeping the images from "Carnival Row" for as long as it did was a one off after all. I just logged back into Arco after going into Manjaro and adding the CSS there and the new Images were gone.

Edited by Locutus64
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

Happy removing the top one removes the backdrop altogether, or at least that's what I got.

Don't follow

before

image.thumb.png.431f0f659fd3bb098b1622156b2a112e.png

after

image.thumb.png.93f4692d9c131d4580284ca4e05a5619.png

All I did was remove first on from the theme.

.backgroundContainer.itemBackgroundContainer.withBackdrop, .backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {
    -webkit-backdrop-filter: saturate(1.5) blur(0.5em);
    backdrop-filter: saturate(1.5) blur(0.5em);
}

• Like 1

Locutus64

O.k. maybe I messed something up without realizing it. Plan on downloading a fresh copy and replace what's in Emby.

EDIT:

@Happy2Play that got it, so yes I must of messed up something the first go around. Thanks

Edited by Locutus64