New theme - Plex inspired look

fillidill

• 2 weeks later...
Jason'sEmby

So I'm probably overlooking this, but how do I actually apply the skin? Thank you and great job by the way!😊 

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, Jason'sEmby said:

So I'm probably overlooking this, but how do I actually apply the skin? Thank you and great job by the way!😊 

All custom css is applied in custom css box Dashboard-Settings.

Not custom css only applies to web client not online client or any other client/app.

• Like 1

Jason'sEmby
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

All custom css is applied in custom css box Dashboard-Settings.

Not custom css only applies to web client not online client or any other client/app.

Hi Thank you, like this?

image.thumb.png.cf3e42ceb71350240a9aef6fac305ef9.png

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Jason'sEmby said:

Hi Thank you, like this?

image.thumb.png.cf3e42ceb71350240a9aef6fac305ef9.png

No you will put that actual content of that file in that box.

Looks like the code works in 4.6.4.0 but there are code change across every major release so what works today may not work completely in the next release as mentioned in a couple posts above.

• Like 1

Jason'sEmby
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No you will put that actual content of that file in that box.

Looks like the code works in 4.6.4.0 but there are code change across every major release so what works today may not work completely in the next release as mentioned in a couple posts above.

Awesome thank you so much!

Jason'sEmby

Is there a donation tab somewhere,  I would like to support this? Also this would be awesome on an android client skin, wish there was a way to put favorite live TV channels on home page like Plex but that's not possible probably 😉 

• Agree 1

fillidill

No donations needed, but thanks :) 

I agree that being able to customize and make changes to themes on other devices would be awesome. Just made a feature request for that in fact.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest phoenixexcinere

@fillidill

Hey man,

I downloaded your CSS and it`s greate. It works finde with Firefox and give the "old school" Emby Web Interface a fresh touch. I love it :) Thanks for this greate work,  I take off my virtual hat

MSI2017

Absolutely love the theme! But on my screen (macbook 2560x1600) the playback bar is huge. Anyway to size that down? I'd also like to move the back button back to the top left corner but I'm really not familiar with CSS.1023894221_Schermafbeelding2021-11-17om00_12_28.thumb.png.62f975cbc275b4302f1c0f152f53c3ec.png

It also seems that subtitles now have a bar instead of fully transparant background

1579670284_Schermafbeelding2021-11-17om00_15_15.thumb.png.e79d6b1a7a6a4c57db1c1e3894c25601.png

Edited by MSI2017
  • Like 1

fillidill
21 hours ago, MSI2017 said:

Absolutely love the theme! But on my screen (macbook 2560x1600) the playback bar is huge. Anyway to size that down? I'd also like to move the back button back to the top left corner but I'm really not familiar with CSS.

It also seems that subtitles now have a bar instead of fully transparant background

Funny you say that :) I actually thought the same thing and made a personal change a while back that I didn't share, to make it much more minimalistic. I have uploaded a new version to the main post (v2.2) if you want to try it out. Here is a screen of it.

Regarding the weird background bug, maybe this change fixes that?

osd.png

• Thanks 1

fillidill
7 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

Love this!  I would be great if this could be applied on a user rather than system basis.

I am sorry, but to my knowledge that is not possible without the devs making that functionality a reality 

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, adrianwi said:

Love this!  I would be great if this could be applied on a user rather than system basis.

Yes apply custom Themes to your system to make them selectable  would be nice.

But a hack would be applying this code to one of the existing system themes.  Now the user can select that theme.

But would need to be applied with every update.

Edited by Happy2Play

adrianwi

Where would one look to hack an existing theme, and is it as simple as copying the new ccs code over the old one?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

Where would one look to hack an existing theme, and is it as simple as copying the new ccs code over the old one?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Path will be platform prevalent, but the "Application path: " shown in your server log.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\themes and select a theme and edit the css file.

Yes it would be a copy and post over existing theme file content.

MSI2017
On 11/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, fillidill said:

Funny you say that :) I actually thought the same thing and made a personal change a while back that I didn't share, to make it much more minimalistic. I have uploaded a new version to the main post (v2.2) if you want to try it out. Here is a screen of it.

Regarding the weird background bug, maybe this change fixes that?

osd.png

Still rather huge for me, subtitle bar is also being weird. What do I need to change in the CSS to get the end time and episode name back btw?

Guest phoenixexcinere

Hey,

I would add a external Embylogo (from my google drive) on top of the menue bar. Is there a simple way to add an external URL in CSS?🙈

top1.thumb.JPG.d130f504fb7d19ad84f1ebf1b969836b.JPG

top2.thumb.JPG.b0856f46fb7d78374607633b34d98823.JPG

Thanks in advance :)

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Hey,

I would add a external Embylogo (from my google drive) on top of the menue bar. Is there a simple way to add an external URL in CSS?🙈

top1.thumb.JPG.d130f504fb7d19ad84f1ebf1b969836b.JPG

top2.thumb.JPG.b0856f46fb7d78374607633b34d98823.JPG

Thanks in advance :)

You mean this?

Guest phoenixexcinere

Hey,

thx @Happy2Play for you quick help. I`m very grateful, but this puts the image on top of the navibar. What I mean is a logo on the the homescreen, on top of "start" "Favoriten" or direct right of them and in the movie section near or on top of "Filme, Empfehlungen, Trailer..." as you can see on my screenshots.

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Hey,

thx @Happy2Play for you quick help. I`m very grateful, but this puts the image on top of the navibar. What I mean is a logo on the the homescreen, on top of "start" "Favoriten" or direct right of them and in the movie section near or on top of "Filme, Empfehlungen, Trailer..." as you can see on my screenshots.

Skin header is a tricky area as they are three sections independent of page.  

Maybe something like this but spacing will not match as every page will have a different pagetitle length adjusting headerleft.  And there is no way to target pages as there are no pageids, so any adjustment in SkinHeader could/would be seen everywhere.

h3.pageTitleWithDefaultLogo {visibility: hidden;}

div.headerRight.headerPartFixedWidth {background-image:url(https://www.dropbox.com/s/871caw9u4udnsko/logo.png?dl=1)!important; 
	width: 6em; 
	background-size: contain;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	width: 13.2em;
	height: 1.6em;
	margin-left: 15em;
}

div.navDrawerLogo.pageTitleWithDefaultLogo {background-image:url(https://www.dropbox.com/s/871caw9u4udnsko/logo.png?dl=1)!important;}

All you can do is play around to get something you like.

• 2 months later...
fillidill

I've updated the main post with a updated version for Emby Beta (v.4.7.0.20) if anyone is interested :) It looks the same but with some small fixes here and there. 

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
Tangsgod
On 1/25/2022 at 1:11 PM, fillidill said:

I've updated the main post with a updated version for Emby Beta (v.4.7.0.20) if anyone is interested :) It looks the same but with some small fixes here and there. 

It's really nice ! 

How would it be possible to apply this theme on the Android TV app ? 

Happy2Play
15 hours ago, Tangsgod said:

It's really nice ! 

How would it be possible to apply this theme on the Android TV app ? 

There is currently no way to change any client beside the local web client.