A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Happy2Play

@VicMoore Do you need a list of all Parent Ratings in all Languages, or can the field just be Editable to cover all user's needs?

I guess the only issue an Editable field would present would be the possibility of Rating to be UNKNOWN if not index in Emby's Rating system. 

Edited by Happy2Play

VicMoore

Thanks Happy2Play...   I have just been adding ratings as people request them.   I think ratings for all languages would break my pull down list 🙂   You have always been very helpful and supportive.

Thanks again, Vic

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Thanks Happy2Play...   I have just been adding ratings as people request them.   I think ratings for all languages would break my pull down list 🙂   You have always been very helpful and supportive.

Thanks again, Vic

Yes, it would.  As the old list I have has 22 countries ratings.

One would probably need a custom drop-down list for language that showed them only that language rating system.  

This would allow users to change any language rating to their native language rating system.

VicMoore

MrMacKey...

I found the problem. I think I have it fixed.  I say I think because I have not had time to test it.  Please try the code below and let me know if it fixes your problem.  If not, then I will give it another go.  I just wanted to get this code to you ASAP.

Vic.  

emby_new_tool_38.html

• Thanks 1

chowbok

This is super-useful, thanks so much. One request, though: would it be possible to add functionality to bulk-remove overviews from episodes?

VicMoore

Hello Chowbok...

That is possible, but I don't have time at the moment to do it (maybe in a few weeks, if you remind me).  I am interested in knowing why you would want to do it.

Vic

Happy2Play
42 minutes ago, chowbok said:

Is there a way to select all the episodes of a show at once? I only see a way to bulk add by season.

Enter a Series and filter to show all episodes for series.  Then select all episodes.

image.thumb.png.711a656f2e983182b2ce906f1d89c92d.png

• Like 1

VicMoore

DarKni8...

Please explain your request better.   I think you are asking if you can edit metadata while filtering on folders?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 6:16 PM, VicMoore said:

DarKni8...

Please explain your request better.   I think you are asking if you can edit metadata while filtering on folders?

Vic

Yes ,,,what you are understanding is correct.

I have a folder and inside that i want to edit multiple movies metadata.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, VicMoore said:

That is possible, but I don't have time at the moment to do it (maybe in a few weeks, if you remind me).  I am interested in knowing why you would want to do it.

Per your request, here's a reminder. Also it'd be cool if I could bulk-remove taglines. I hate taglines.

VicMoore

I apologize to everyone for being so slow to get back to this list.  I have some family medical issues that I am working through.  I should be back in a few days.

vic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I apologize to everyone for being so slow to get back to this list.  I have some family medical issues that I am working through.  I should be back in a few days.

vic 

I don't think any apology is necessary. You're doing this for free, after all, and family comes first in any event. Hope everyone is in better health soon.

• Agree 4

bigverm23

can this tool, or is there a tool, that can look at IMDB keywords and use those to add a respective genre to the file metadata?

Ex. look for sex keyword and add sex genre to file.

VicMoore

Hello everyone... I am back.

Good morning Blairmc98...

Interesting question.  I have not encountered "Special Episode" fields before.  I don't recall seeing them in the EMBY APIs.  My best guess is that they can't be edited, but I could be wrong.  Maybe Happy2Play can comment on this.  He often points me in the right direction.

Vic 

VicMoore

Good morning Bigverm23.  Sorry, but this tool does not search an imdb database for keywords. 

It's possible that I don't fully appreciate what you are asking me to do.  So try again to explain in detail what you are looking for.

Vic

VicMoore

Early next week I will post a complete rewrite of the tool.  It's much faster and the code is more organized.  The GUI is a little different.  I think its a lot better.

The new code is much easier to understand and modify. It will simplify adding new features that users request.  It also gets me caught up on many of the requests already made.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bigverm23
15 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Bigverm23.  Sorry, but this tool does not search an imdb database for keywords. 

It's possible that I don't fully appreciate what you are asking me to do.  So try again to explain in detail what you are looking for.

Vic

simply put, IMDB has a keyword database where a user can add a keyword to a movie like "violence" or "sex" or "child nudity".  there is a similar script for Plex that can then take those same keywords and apply them as labels/tags on the respective movie's metadata.  Purpose is to be able to filter out movies based on added labels/tags.