Windows 8 store app

deadspeak

Logos302

I don't believe I'm confused about anything.  the only thing that shows up are Content Types : Movies, Tv Shows,Music and mixed content if it falls in one of the three views that the app supports.  Which yes are sorted into Views of Movies, Tv Shows, Music.  But Adult, photos,Games (Also is a view and a a collection type).  Do not show up in Views Movies,Tv shows or music nor should they show up in those views.  Mixed media does show up in the correct view.  

And example is set up Adult Videos for a user and only adult.  Now logon with this app you will get the movies view but it will have nothing it it. The web does the same  But on the web you can select media collections and select adult.  

So hopefully this explains it better.  

7illusions

I don't believe I'm confused about anything.  the only thing that shows up are Content Types : Movies, Tv Shows,Music and mixed content if it falls in one of the three views that the app supports.  Which yes are sorted into Views of Movies, Tv Shows, Music.  But Adult, photos,Games (Also is a view and a a collection type).  Do not show up in Views Movies,Tv shows or music nor should they show up in those views.  Mixed media does show up in the correct view.  

And example is set up Adult Videos for a user and only adult.  Now logon with this app you will get the movies view but it will have nothing it it. The web does the same  But on the web you can select media collections and select adult.  

Unfortunatley, Collections hasn't yet been implemented.

It's on the roadmap, but I can't give you an exact date of when it will be available..

(I need it too, need to be able to access my musicvideos, so rest assured, it's being worked on).

swhitmore

Ah ok, I'm with you now. Although I have a collection for Documentaries of collection type "Mixed Content" and I see some items in TV Shows and Movies. Could it just be the Adult type that doesn't show in Movies?

Edited by swhitmore

Logos302

I would not expect Adult to show up in movies, just like I wouldn't expect pictures to show up in tv shows.   But there doesn't appear to be any way to escape the three views (Movies,TV Shows, and Music).  So Adult, Photos, and Games will not work.  Mix Content will only work if it falls into one of the three currently defined views (Movies,TV Shows, and Music).

As a side question how do you get your trakt to show up in your signature?  

swhitmore

As a side question how do you get your trakt to show up in your signature?

Copy the url of the banner you want from this link: http://trakt.tv/settings/widgets then paste it in your signature in a format like this:

[url=http://trakt.tv/user/s.whitmore][img=http://trakt.tv/user/s.whitmore/widgets/watched/all-thin-banner.jpg][/url]
Edited by swhitmore

Logos302

Unfortunatley, Collections hasn't yet been implemented.

It's on the roadmap, but I can't give you an exact date of when it will be available..

(I need it too, need to be able to access my musicvideos, so rest assured, it's being worked on).

Cool, as long as it's on the road map.  It working fine for now.  Watching TV and Movies is probably 90% of what I need.  

Steven

Cool, as long as it's on the road map.  It working fine for now.  Watching TV and Movies is probably 90% of what I need.  

Only 10% for pr0n? Pft, Amateurs!  :lol:  :lol:

I would love to buy this app but am having problems.  It insists that I'm in the United states, which I'm not, I'm in Canada.   

Make sure you country setting in win8 is set to Canada.  I had the same issue (with a different app) and this was the problem.

coolspot

I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, but it's looking like the app can't connect to a server on the same machine as the server?  I downloaded the trial to give it a try and put in a few things for hostname without success.  I tried "localhost" 127.0.0.1 and I also tried my 192.168.1.100 local ip.  I also tried the hostname of my computer.

WWWestern

yes, that and changing audio track is on the todo list for next release.

Hallå, OK I'll wait then.

Do you get a playback failed message  on the screen?

What kind of file are you trying to play?

And on what kind of hardware are you running the server?

Sorry for late answer, was on business trip.

Yes i get error "Video failed to play. Retry." with black screen and play button inside sentences.

Any file: mkv, mp4, avi, movies, sd, hd, tv shows ...

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 and 8 gb ram...

Edited by pa3x

FrostByte

Just paid for the app yesterday, getting same error as pa3x on all (mkv, wmv, avi) video files.  On music files (wma) it kicks me out to desktop mode and the app restarts.  AMD Athlon dual core.  Running windows 8.1, but the dashboard thinks it's RT.

7illusions

@@FrostByte @@gcoupe can you please post what your current setup is?

This what I would like:

Device (Surface, Dell laptop etc)

WMC installed on device?

Server

OS

CPU

Memory

and, it would be super if you could post the server logs as well when playback fails.

FrostByte

Dell PC

Win8.1 Pro w/WMC, MBT

Win8.1 Pro

AMD Athlon dual core

16 GB Ram

Server Version 3.0.5083.27698

How do you post an attachment, or just copy paste section of log?

@@FrostByte @@gcoupe can you please post what your current setup is?

This what I would like:

Device (Surface, Dell laptop etc)

WMC installed on device?

Server

OS

CPU

Memory

and, it would be super if you could post the server logs as well when playback fails.

In my particular case, the device is a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 running Windows 8.1 Pro. No WMC installed. The Server is WHS 2011 running on an AMD processor with 8GB RAM.

BTW, there's been no response to /acknowledgement of my bug report in a separate thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2766-bug-windows-8-app-and-play-to-problem/ Perhaps you missed it. I hope that it gets picked up.

FrostByte

@@7illusions, I believe I figured out the problem playing video files at least for me.  I tried several things, but believe it came down to my Lav filters. Do you by chance look for Lav in the default folder?  I had Shark so MBT never installed Lav and Shark doesn't load them in the same folder.  For the most part MBT was working so I never worried about it.  I went ahead and uninstalled Shark and reloaded MBT and it loaded the Lav filters in the default location and now your app works also.   I hope that helps, if it doesn't then I will have to backtrack a little more.

FB

Oh, and I figured out how to attach files now...doh!! :)

7illusions

@@FrostByte Hey, that's awesome.

Sorry that I haven't responded during the weekend but I've been catching up with family.

@@gcoupe Can you test if this works for you as well?

@@FrostByte Hey, that's awesome.

Sorry that I haven't responded during the weekend but I've been catching up with family.

@@gcoupe Can you test if this works for you as well?

It's not relevant for me (I hope). I want to playback music. I don't care about using "Play To" for video.

7illusions

Hmm.. We weren't discussing PlayTo, we we're talking about playback issues. I must have misunderstood your problem.

Would you mind clarifying the problems you are experiencing?