Windows 8 store app

deadspeak

swhitmore

Looking great! Have you had a look at the Windows Phone app? There are some great ideas there that would carry over well to an RT app.

Deihmos

Is it possible for windows 8 apps to be made to work with a remote? Rumor is windows 8 apps will work on the xbox one but without remote support I am not sure how it will work. Maybe kinect but I am not familiar with it. I intend to buy an WIndows RT device tomorrow so this is good news. 

Edited by Deihmos

sfnetwork

Well MCE remote works everywhere as "arrow keys" and "enter key" (along with the media key PLAY, PAUSE, etc...) and I tested it in the Netflix win 8 app so I presume it won't be an issue...

**Update: sorry, I just realized you were talking about Win 8 app on Xbox One...

Edited by sfnetwork

Deihmos

It does not work well with lots of apps. The Netflix app has poor navigation with a remote. I have vevo installed and it is useless with a remote. 

7illusions

I'm meeting some people from Microsoft today. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

subkamran

I'm trying to get MB3 accessible via the outside web so I can just login to it remotely. This should work on my Surface 2 RT, I think. My friend has his available remotely.

A dedicated app would be awesome though. I'm also a Win 8/Win Phone dev so if you need extra help, shoot me a message.

7illusions

Since it's friday I wanna give you folks a little peak into the current state of the Win8 app development..

It's far from finished, but it is starting to look good in some sections. :)

The app has two different designs, both provided with the app, 1 for tablets and 1 for larger screens.

Episode, Large screen

episode.png

Episode Touch

episode_touch.png

TvShow

tvshow.png

Season

season.png

• Like 5

sfnetwork

It does look and feel awesome.

The movie detail screen is really great too. Amazing job on this client!!!

2013-10-25%209-25-14%20AM.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7illusions

A little peak at the current state of the app.

I'm currently sorting out some minor issues, but the app is getting closer to release.

Landing page (Light Theme)

Main-hub.png

Movie details (Light theme)

MovieDetails.png

TvShow Details (Dark theme)

TvShowDetails.png

Artist details (Light theme)

ArtistDetails.png

Album details (Light theme)

AbumDetails.png

• Like 6

Steven

I really like how you put the seasons/albums/boxsets further along now as it allows for many covers without looking cramped.

7illusions

Working as fast as I can. :)

It will most likely be some kind of beta program within the next two weeks (keep an eye in the forums) and, depending on the outcome, Í hope we'll have a release before christmas.

• Like 7