Windows 8 store app

deadspeak

Hmm.. We weren't discussing PlayTo, we we're talking about playback issues. I must have misunderstood your problem.

Would you mind clarifying the problems you are experiencing?

I came into this thread merely to corroborate that I was seeing the same issue that FrostByte reported: i.e. the server misreports the OS running on the client:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/996-windows-8-store-app/page-6&do=findComment&comment=47149

That's all.

I hope that the PlayTo issue will be followed up in the thread I started for it a few days ago:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2766-bug-windows-8-app-and-play-to-problem/

7illusions

@@gcoupe Ah. Good. Yes,I've been doing some changes today on that topic whilst on a train. I'll be able to test tonight I hope.

@@7illusions, I believe I figured out the problem playing video files at least for me.  I tried several things, but believe it came down to my Lav filters. Do you by chance look for Lav in the default folder?  I had Shark so MBT never installed Lav and Shark doesn't load them in the same folder.  For the most part MBT was working so I never worried about it.  I went ahead and uninstalled Shark and reloaded MBT and it loaded the Lav filters in the default location and now your app works also.   I hope that helps, if it doesn't then I will have to backtrack a little more.

FB

Oh, and I figured out how to attach files now...doh!! :)

I need to test this. will report back

FrostByte

7 is correct, though the main reason I got the app was to sendto my TV  my problem was that I couldn't even play videos local before uninstalling Shark and reinstalling Lav that came with MBT.  I will test the SendTo later.

Solid release, worth the purchase.  As with others, I think Genres or Collection views will be important (I have my library broken down into collections by each genre, and other non-categories like 'Music Videos' etc.)

But it's a great start, and I'm glad I could chip in something

@@pa3x Bring back the result already.

(impatiently waiting, hoping for this to be the issue/fix)

Im sorry, im on business trip, will report ASAP. :(

EDIT: Damn, im back now, but mine trial is expired. Deinstalled shark, installed lav trough mb theater, wanted to play with win8 app nad it said expired... :(

EDIT2: I bought app and yeeeey i can confirm it works... So uninstall sharks and install LAV and it should work...

Edited by pa3x

pkvillager

Up and running. Had to uninstall shark codecs and install LAV from the MB theater setup. Happy to see it didn't mess anything up, still get Dolby Plus from the Netflix app.

Running on the same PC as MB Server and all my MKV's buffer too much to use the app.

If that can be fixed and HD audio pass through I will be quite happy.

7illusions

If the app buffer too much, try the 'Transcode to low quality' setting just to see if that goes away or not.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

How do you mean by lost? As in clicking the remote button only shows a "no devices found" flyout, or I've forgotten how to find the button?

The app requires that the logged in user has remote user rights.

Make sure you got the same account in both clients or make sure the app user got extended rights. (Web control panel setting)

"Lost" as in the remote button is gone from the Windows 8 RT client. All rights are applied. The only button I have now for any media is "Play".

swhitmore

"Lost" as in the remote button is gone from the Windows 8 RT client. All rights are applied. The only button I have now for any media is "Play".

Are you swiping up from the bottom?

• Like 1

7illusions

How do you mean by lost? As in clicking the remote button only shows a "no devices found" flyout, or I've forgotten how to find the button?

The app requires that the logged in user has remote user rights.

Make sure you got the same account in both clients or make sure the app user got extended rights. (Web control panel setting)

FrostByte

Added a review to the windows store just now.  I would have given it a 5 if not for a couple issues I'm having.  The first is that my multiple disc cds are being sorted by track only instead of disc # and then track like the web and MBT clients do.  So what I get is all the track 1, track 2, etc songs listed in that order.  The other issues I'm having is that it disconnects from both my Samsung tv and htib devices after about 30 secs when playing mkv files even when using lower quality.  It's a great app, and hopefully becomes my go to app for all my media playing once I get this working.  Well worth the small amount of $$ I spent on it.  Thanks

Tharnax

@@7illusions - This app is pretty damn AWESOME!!!  

Purchased a Surface Pro 2 recently (unfortunately, not for me).  This is my first "real" Windows 8 device I've used, I have a little HTPC I installed a 8.1 preview for MBT and MB Portal testing but that's all I've used it for.  Anyway in the process of setting it up I checked out the MS store and searched for Media Browser.  Had to do Trial only at this point, as it wasn't my device.  App installed in a couple seconds and a few more later I was up and reviewing all my available content TV, Movie and Music.  What an experience, the power of Media Browser on top of a powerful Surface Pro 2 made for a excellent combo.  I'm not English but "Bloody Well Done!"

The only bad news is the SP2 isn't my device, so during the testing of the device I had to blow away the temp profile to start fresh and now the MS app store won't allow me to install a trial version to show the actual future owner of the device how awesome the app is.  However, I'm sure I'll be able talk them into purchasing the app anyway.  

It would be even better if someday you could add the MB Bookshelf plug to the list of functions.  If it worked as well as Redshirt has it working on the Android app, i.e. downloading and opening the book directly on the device it would be a pretty near perfect app!  

MB Photo functionality would be nice too........  someday....  ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi bought it today, on asus T100, windows 8.1

I'm surprised that it's not allowing me to use that as a remote.

I have a htpc with mediabrowser + mediabrowser server, using either harmony remote or xbox 360 controller with xpadder to navigate and was hoping that this app will allow me to browse my media library and play it on the device i want (no matter how good the player is, for me nothing can match my mpchc and my TV to watch a movie). Here the app only play on the device it is installed on : the asus t100 and doen's offer any way to play it on tv. i'm a bit disappointed to have bought it.

7illusions

Hi bought it today, on asus T100, windows 8.1

I'm surprised that it's not allowing me to use that as a remote.

I have a htpc with mediabrowser + mediabrowser server, using either harmony remote or xbox 360 controller with xpadder to navigate and was hoping that this app will allow me to browse my media library and play it on the device i want (no matter how good the player is, for me nothing can match my mpchc and my TV to watch a movie). Here the app only play on the device it is installed on : the asus t100 and doen's offer any way to play it on tv. i'm a bit disappointed to have bought it.

When your in the movie details view where you can select to play a movie, swipe up on the screen from the bottom to bring out the app bar. There you will have the choice to play it on your other MB instances. ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It would be even better if someday you could add the MB Bookshelf plug to the list of functions.  If it worked as well as Redshirt has it working on the Android app, i.e. downloading and opening the book directly on the device it would be a pretty near perfect app!  

This.  I'm on a Surface RT and can get to the network file shares and open my pdf files from File Explorer.  Within the MediaBrowser app I can see the books with all the folder and backdrop images working, and I get a "play" button, but when pressed no pdf loads :(    Whereas Redshirt's Android app works good, I'd just like to have similar functionality on the larger tablet display.

Anyways, everything else about the app works good for my usage.

When your in the movie details view where you can select to play a movie, swipe up on the screen from the bottom to bring out the app bar. There you will have the choice to play it on your other MB instances. ;)

Oh nice, I'm playing around with the app and didn't notice this feature (mainly because I didn't bother swiping up on that screen).

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am new to this, and have been trying all I can think of and have followed the advice of this thread but no luck, my Asus transformer will play mp4 but will not play mpg files and I am stumped, any help for a novice ????  I have iso files as well, which I know will take a little more work.   I can send mp4 and mpg to the xbox one no problem, just cannot play them on the windows app.  They will play locally with no problem on my main computer with the server installed.  

thanks in advance

D

Hey guys, I am new to this, and have been trying all I can think of and have followed the advice of this thread but no luck, my Asus transformer will play mp4 but will not play mpg files and I am stumped, any help for a novice ????  I have iso files as well, which I know will take a little more work.   I can send mp4 and mpg to the xbox one no problem, just cannot play them on the windows app.  They will play locally with no problem on my main computer with the server installed.  

thanks in advance

D

I think I threw this in the wrong post

7illusions

What are the transcoding settings in the app and can you please also provide a clean serverlog?