Docker

Luke

otispresley

@@vaise, are you using the "mac-vlan" network type for everything? By default, docker is going to create a network bridge and NAT everything on it. It also provides its own DHCP, and you cannot change this to an external server. You also do not need to assign static IP addresses for it to work the way you want when using bridge mode. I am using Apache for my reverse proxy, and everything I have is sitting behind the default bridge. Since the proxy just points to a URL, I do my DNS by creating an A record pointing to the container host and then create a CNAME alias to that record for each host name I want to proxy to, Emby being one of them.

As far as your containers communicating with each other behind the bridge, you can create a stack and refer to the containers by service name. Here is a simple example of a docker-compose.yml file for a Kodi container that uses a MariaDB container. The Kodi advancedsettings.xml file just gives 'db' as the <host> entry rather than an IP address. There is actually more to that stack; I have Nextcloud using the same MariaDB instance.

version: '2'

services:
  db:
    image: mariadb
    command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW
    restart: always
    container_name: mysql
    volumes:
      - /data/mysql:/var/lib/mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=<PASSWORD>

kodi:
    image: linuxserver/kodi-headless:Leia
    container_name: kodi
    ports:
      - 8090:8080
      - 9090:9090
      - 9777:9777/udp
    volumes:
      - kodi:/config/.kodi
    environment:
      - TZ=America/New_York
    depends_on:
      - db

If packets from the WAN side are not making it to your Nginx container, then there is a configuration problem. If your containers are sitting behind a bridge and being NAT'ed, then it will not work the way you have it. If it is bridged, then your NAT entry on your WAN router needs to point to the container host IP address, and you would expose ports 80 and 443 to the outside. If you are using "mac-vlan" as your Docker network type, then there is a reachability issue on your network.

I am running Emby on the default bridge and TVHeadend on the "host" network type due to HDHomeRun requirements to be on the same network. The only issue is that they both try to grab port 1900 for DLNA, but they can't because everything is being exposed to the outside on the container host TCP/IP stack.

I hope this helps!

Edited by otispresley

vaise

Cheers for the info.

I have been fine on docker bridge for ages, but needed to allocate ip’s which you can do in later unraids from the GUI.

What I did not know is when you do this, the port remapping can’t be done on ci trainers so my 443 to container on 4443 is invalid. The dedicated vip for nginx hence was nowl 443. So I just had to change my router to forward 443 to 443 and all worked fine. I now have dedicated ip’s for every container. Bonus is they can’t talk to the host for additional security (except via container mappings in start up). I’m all good now.

• Like 1

vaise

@@vaise, are you using the "mac-vlan" network type for everything? By default, docker is going to create a network bridge and NAT everything on it. It also provides its own DHCP, and you cannot change this to an external server. You also do not need to assign static IP addresses for it to work the way you want when using bridge mode. I am using Apache for my reverse proxy, and everything I have is sitting behind the default bridge. Since the proxy just points to a URL, I do my DNS by creating an A record pointing to the container host and then create a CNAME alias to that record for each host name I want to proxy to, Emby being one of them.

As far as your containers communicating with each other behind the bridge, you can create a stack and refer to the containers by service name. Here is a simple example of a docker-compose.yml file for a Kodi container that uses a MariaDB container. The Kodi advancedsettings.xml file just gives 'db' as the <host> entry rather than an IP address. There is actually more to that stack; I have Nextcloud using the same MariaDB instance.

version: '2'

services:
  db:
    image: mariadb
    command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW
    container_name: mysql
    volumes:
      - /data/mysql:/var/lib/mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=<PASSWORD>

kodi:
    image: linuxserver/kodi-headless:Leia
    container_name: kodi
    ports:
      - 8090:8080
      - 9090:9090
      - 9777:9777/udp
    volumes:
      - kodi:/config/.kodi
    environment:
      - TZ=America/New_York
    depends_on:
      - db

If packets from the WAN side are not making it to your Nginx container, then there is a configuration problem. If your containers are sitting behind a bridge and being NAT'ed, then it will not work the way you have it. If it is bridged, then your NAT entry on your WAN router needs to point to the container host IP address, and you would expose ports 80 and 443 to the outside. If you are using "mac-vlan" as your Docker network type, then there is a reachability issue on your network.

I am running Emby on the default bridge and TVHeadend on the "host" network type due to HDHomeRun requirements to be on the same network. The only issue is that they both try to grab port 1900 for DLNA, but they can't because everything is being exposed to the outside on the container host TCP/IP stack.

I hope this helps!

@otispresley

I find that now with the allocated IP address for TVH container, I dont have to run as host - I guess because the IP allocations I have given to all my containers (the ones that need to talk to each other and the network) are all on the same subnet as the HDHR's.  My logs in pfsense are now much easier to read, with IP's rather that the host IP and port.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ken-ji

The docker image tagged with 4.1.1.0 still has version 4.1.0.26 inside. Please correct or update.

$ docker images | grep embyserver
emby/embyserver                  4.1.1.0             81828b802078        11 hours ago        261MB
emby/embyserver                  latest              81828b802078        11 hours ago        261MB
2019-04-30 13:41:30.598 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
2019-04-30 13:41:30.872 Info Main: Emby
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin
/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Unix 4.18.20.0
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /config
        Application directory: /system
2019-04-30 13:41:30.929 Info App: Application version: 4.1.0.26
2019-04-30 13:41:30.933 Info App: Loading assemblies

The docker image tagged with 4.1.1.0 still has version 4.1.0.26 inside. Please correct or update.

$ docker images | grep embyserver
emby/embyserver                  4.1.1.0             81828b802078        11 hours ago        261MB
emby/embyserver                  latest              81828b802078        11 hours ago        261MB
2019-04-30 13:41:30.598 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
2019-04-30 13:41:30.872 Info Main: Emby
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin
/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Unix 4.18.20.0
2019-04-30 13:41:30.929 Info App: Application version: 4.1.0.26
2019-04-30 13:41:30.933 Info App: Loading assemblies

Hi, yes we're looking into it, thanks.

fachizel90

Hi I am using Emby as a docker container on Unraid .I recently followed space invaders guide on how to set up letsencrypt with duckdns and tried to configure it with emby instead of sonarr like shown in the guide. The DuckDNS and LetsEncrypt dockers are working fine and I have created two subdomains on duckdns. I edited the .conf sample file for emby in letsencrypt and changed emby's network to a custom one (proxynet) the same one letsencrypt is running on. In the emby user interface I changed the settings following the instructions in the .conf file. When i tried to browse to the https address for the emby subdomain it was showing nginx is setting it up. I tried to restart emby and it broke. No matter what I did I couldnt get the http server on emby to work reverted back to original settings and still nothing multiple reboots and docker reinstalls nothing worked. I was using binhex-emby container. So I installed the linuxserver version of the emby docker container and had to set up everything from scratch users libraries etc (didnt have a backup)

So at the moment I have a different version of emby installed which is working. I have Duckdns and letsencrypt both configured and working. I am afraid that I am doing something wrong and dont want things to mess up again.

Please can someone explain what I need to do to use https with emby I have letsencrypt configured but I havent edited the emby.conf files. any help is appreciated as I am sharing my server with my brother overseas and want the traffic to be secure.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by fachizel90

Tried to recreate emby container using 004b85f204c2d945bedbf5399374e621a55d3c5e3e814b8cfe266747300a9d4a.

Unfortunately it's still failing...

Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_ExternalException
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.InitSort(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..cctor()
   at System.String.IndexOf(System.String, Int32, Int32, System.StringComparison)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.InitCultureData()
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.GetCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32, System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(System.String)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.InitSort(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at System.StringComparer..cctor()
   at System.AppDomain.InitializeCompatibilityFlags()
   at System.AppDomain.Setup(System.Object)
Aborted (core dumped)
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

@@skobkin, I'm pretty sure this is the issue:

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/37098

It's a recent defect in ICU:

https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-20558

Hi I am using Emby as a docker container on Unraid .I recently followed space invaders guide on how to set up letsencrypt with duckdns and tried to configure it with emby instead of sonarr like shown in the guide. The DuckDNS and LetsEncrypt dockers are working fine and I have created two subdomains on duckdns. I edited the .conf sample file for emby in letsencrypt and changed emby's network to a custom one (proxynet) the same one letsencrypt is running on. In the emby user interface I changed the settings following the instructions in the .conf file. When i tried to browse to the https address for the emby subdomain it was showing nginx is setting it up. I tried to restart emby and it broke. No matter what I did I couldnt get the http server on emby to work reverted back to original settings and still nothing multiple reboots and docker reinstalls nothing worked. I was using binhex-emby container. So I installed the linuxserver version of the emby docker container and had to set up everything from scratch users libraries etc (didnt have a backup)

So at the moment I have a different version of emby installed which is working. I have Duckdns and letsencrypt both configured and working. I am afraid that I am doing something wrong and dont want things to mess up again.

Please can someone explain what I need to do to use https with emby I have letsencrypt configured but I havent edited the emby.conf files. any help is appreciated as I am sharing my server with my brother overseas and want the traffic to be secure.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, there are a lot of topics in the community about Lets' Encrypt. Have you tried searching? For example:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58437-for-ssl-certificate-setup-to-be-an-official-emby-wiki

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

fachizel90

Hi there, there are a lot of topics in the community about Lets' Encrypt. Have you tried searching? For example:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58437-for-ssl-certificate-setup-to-be-an-official-emby-wiki

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

HI thanks for the reply, Yes I managed to get it working. But not sure why one of the containers crashed. Binhex's emby docker container wouldnt load up the http server no matter what I did. So i uninstalled it and used a different version of the container. Everything is working smoothly now.

BAlGaInTl

Yes thats the one. But Binhex's one was working fine for a few months.

I've just switched to unRaid from OMV.

I also had some issue with Binhex's Emby docker. I just decided to go with the official one.

I run the official stable and beta side by side on different ports. No issues.

skobkin

@@skobkin, I'm pretty sure this is the issue:

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/37098

It's a recent defect in ICU:

https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-20558

Thank you for the info.

Just tried last beta build and it just ran successfully. Looks like problem was finally fixed.

But then I've got new problem.

Before 4.1.0.9+ (probably ICU) problem I was able to use Emby as 'http://emby.server.lan/'in my browser. I was using simple Nginx config to proxy it:

server {
    listen       80;
    server_name  emby.server.lan;

location / {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8096/;
    }
}

But after updating I'm now getting 403 response code and "Forbidden" instead of the emby page. If I'll go to 'http://192.168.xx.xx/`(by local IP instead of emby.server.lan which is also pointing to it) then Emby just works. But it's not comfortable to go to Emby web interface using IP address.

UPD: there was a mistake. Corrected here.

Edited by skobkin

skobkin

What can be done with "Forbidden" problem? Or which thread I must post it to?

mastrmind11

What can be done with "Forbidden" problem? Or which thread I must post it to?

sounds like you should read up on nginx configs.  not an emby problem.

skobkin

Most likely not. Only thing changed was Emby image. Old image works fine.

There's a topic in the testing area about it.

Ok thanks. Posted here (posted my solution too). Also corrected my mistake.

Edited by skobkin

BAlGaInTl

Something changed in Emby or the Docker container that's causing the behavior.  It's breaking previously working setups.

It seems to be related to local networking when there is another subnet being used on your network (e.g. Docker, VPN, etc.)

Rolling back to a previous release fixes it without any other changes.  So it likely is an Emby issue.  But that's what Beta releases are for... to find issues.  :)  I'd just like to know what the root cause of this one is.  Something changed, and it isn't apparent from the changelog what would have caused it.

• Like 1

jofan

I managed to bump a Windows thread so I'm dubbel posting here aswell. Why not screw up completely while you're at it right (this is problably wrong too)?

I'm using
-- OpenMediaVault 4.1.22-1
-- openmediavault-fail2ban-gui 4.0.2
-- openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.4
--- Docker Image emby/embyserver Version 4.1.1.0
(doing a PULL IMAGE gives 'Status: Image is up to date for emby/embyserver:latest' even though latest image is from was 'Updated 8 days ago' and my image was created '17 days ago'.)

I seem to be having problems (was running fine 'til I updated EMBY.server a few days ago) with my Plugins Catalog (it's just a spinning circle) and 'random' plugins reporting 'Scheduled Task [Failed]'.

Latest log

2019-05-17 18:42:52.726 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
2019-05-17 18:42:52.750 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.1.1.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.0
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No such device or address ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such device or address
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result()
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
    Source: System.Net.Http
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such device or address
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Void Throw()

2019-05-17 18:42:52.765 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No such device or address ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such device or address
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetMovieDbResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetTmdbSettings(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbSearch.GetSearchResults(ItemLookupInfo idInfo, String searchType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2019-05-17 18:42:52.812 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-05-17 18:42:53.419 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-05-17 18:42:53.429 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
2019-05-17 18:42:53.459 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
    *** Error Report ***
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)

2019-05-17 18:42:53.473 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
    *** Error Report ***
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbSearch.GetSearchResults(ItemLookupInfo idInfo, String searchType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2019-05-17 18:42:53.534 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-05-17 18:42:53.707 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/Plugins. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
2019-05-17 18:42:53.711 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.1. Time: 4ms. http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/Plugins
2019-05-17 18:42:53.727 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/web/configurationpages?pageType=PluginConfiguration. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
2019-05-17 18:42:53.729 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.1. Time: 3ms. http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/web/configurationpages?pageType=PluginConfiguration
2019-05-17 18:42:54.135 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-05-17 18:42:54.145 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
2019-05-17 18:42:54.168 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]
    *** Error Report ***

2019-05-17 18:42:54.189 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
    *** Error Report ***

2019-05-17 18:42:54.835 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/Packages?TargetSystems=Server&IsAdult=false&IsAppStoreSafe=true&PackageType=UserInstalled. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
2019-05-17 18:42:54.839 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json
2019-05-17 18:42:54.839 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/Plugins. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
2019-05-17 18:42:54.843 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.1. Time: 4ms. http://[MY_EMBY_SERVER:PORT]/emby/Plugins
2019-05-17 18:42:54.862 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json
    *** Error Report ***
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)

2019-05-17 18:42:54.880 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackages(CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean withRegistration, String packageType, Version applicationVersion)
       at MediaBrowser.Api.PackageService.Get(GetPackages request)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Using a web browser on a seperate machine I have no problem accessing https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json and https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]

Reading the forum suggests problems with outbound connections. How may I deal with this?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

All the best
/jofan

Edited by jofan

I managed to bump a Windows thread so I'm dubbel posting here aswell. Why not screw up completely while you're at it right (this is problably wrong too)?

I'm using

-- OpenMediaVault 4.1.22-1

-- openmediavault-fail2ban-gui 4.0.2

-- openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.4

--- Docker Image emby/embyserver Version 4.1.1.0

(doing a PULL IMAGE gives 'Status: Image is up to date for emby/embyserver:latest' even though latest image is from was 'Updated 8 days ago' and my image was created '17 days ago'.)

I seem to be having problems (was running fine 'til I updated EMBY.server a few days ago) with my Plugins Catalog (it's just a spinning circle) and 'random' plugins reporting 'Scheduled Task [Failed]'.

Latest log

Using a web browser on a seperate machine I have no problem accessing https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json and https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=[MY_API_KEY]

Reading the forum suggests problems with outbound connections. How may I deal with this?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

All the best

/jofan

Since a few hours I have the same problem: Any outgoing (secure?) connection fails: No (plugin) updating and no metadata fetching, even manually via the Identify function doesn't work.

I'v searched various error messages and exceptions. It seems to have to do with SSLs/certifications (see: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59531-external-ssl-connections-crashing/page-3&do=findComment&comment=589650) but nothing helped, every symlink is correct.

What apparently works is putting emby in Bridge mode (and forwarding 8096). I don't know why that does work and why it did in Host mode last night.

jofan

At the moment "it just works". It started acting up properly late friday evening. I haven't touched anything but it works like it should, no idea why. (just a heads up)

chrismallia

I installed Emby official docker  using  Linuxserver/letsencrypt reverse proxy  on ubuntu server 18.04 and its been working great,  just a tip  the container should be named emby as the nginx config file and a separate docker network should be created with  nginx and emby on  the same network.. Here is a Emby config  hope it might help someone

docker run -d \
    --name=emby \
    --network=proxynet \
    --volume /path/to/programdata:/config \
    --volume /storage/Media:/Media \
    --device /dev/dri/renderD128 \
    --publish 8096:8096 \
    --publish 8920:8920 \
    --env UID=1000 \
    --env GID=100 \
    --env GIDLIST=100 \
    --restart=always \
    emby/embyserver:latest

If anyone needs to ask any questions please do will try to help any way I can
Edited by chrismallia

chrismallia

also using this config, if there is something wrong about this please let me know.

docker create \
    --name=emby \
    --network=proxynet \
    --volume /home/docker/emby:/config \
    --volume /storage/Media:/Media \
    --device /dev/dri/renderD128 \
    --publish 8096:8096 \
    --publish 8920:8920 \
    --env UID=1000 \
    --env GID=100 \
    --env GIDLIST=100 \
    --restart=always \