Docker

Luke

KMBanana

Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Try running "docker safe new perms" from tools.  It requires having the "Fix Common Problems" plugin which you should install anyways and run the extended tests.  

Believe this will solve it for existing files, not sure if it will resolve it for future files.  

bozrdnag

Try running "docker safe new perms" from tools.  It requires having the "Fix Common Problems" plugin which you should install anyways and run the extended tests.  

Believe this will solve it for existing files, not sure if it will resolve it for future files.  

Dito to that. I said it a bit further up this thread for a similar post.

As I said in response to your earlier post, vaise... I don't know what that is.  I don't have anything named that under tools and it does nopt show up when I do a search for "Fix Common Problems" in CA.  I am running unRaid 6.6.7

KMBanana

As I said in response to your earlier post, vaise... I don't know what that is.  I don't have anything named that under tools and it does nopt show up when I do a search for "Fix Common Problems" in CA.  I am running unRaid 6.6.7

The full name of the plugin in "CA Fix Common Problems".  If you search Community Applications it will come up.  By the same author in fact. 

Once you install that plugin you will have "Docker Safe new perms" as an option under tools. You should also use the CA Fix Common Problems plugin and run an extended scan, it may provide a reason why new files are being created with the wrong permissions in the first place.  

vaise

Have a watch of spaceinvaders best plugins you should have for unraid. When I first did my unraid, I watched most of his vids. I still can’t believe I went so long without unraid. The system just takes care of itself. Sonarr, radar, ombi, letsencrypt, nginx, tvheadend and Emby, plus a load of recommended plugins doing stuff like sync, backups, FTP server for ip cam’s etc - all automated stuff meaning I can just stay on the beach, where I write this from.

• Like 1

alucryd

Today I tried to update docker image of my container to the latest beta image (probably 0316f41ea06938f1ba49f6ba39db4d223d9aa2b6c6a703f605ff51aac3e97608 for now). But looks like it's not working. I tried to gradually downgrade image versions using tags from Docker Hub and last version which is working for me is 4.1.0.9.

All newer versions are ending with something like this in the docker logs:

Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_ExternalException
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.InitSort(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..cctor()
   at System.String.IndexOf(System.String, Int32, Int32, System.StringComparison)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.InitCultureData()
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.GetCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32, System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(System.String)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
   at System.StringComparer..cctor()
   at System.AppDomain.InitializeCompatibilityFlags()
   at System.AppDomain.Setup(System.Object)
Aborted (core dumped)
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Can't reproduce on x86_64, which architecture are you using? Also could you try exporting LANG=C and LC_ALL=C in your container?

skobkin

Can't reproduce on x86_64, which architecture are you using?

$ uname -rmp
5.0.1-gentoo-skobkin x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz

I don't think that it can be easily reproduced because then this problem would be found earlier and wouldn't exist so long. Probably it's related to my existing configuration from 4.1.0.9 and older versions.

Also could you try exporting LANG=C and LC_ALL=C in your container?

LANG was already set by default container configuration to 'en_US.UTF-8' so I changed it and added LC_ALL variable. Didn't help. Same stack trace.

Also tried to pull new 0645cce4bfe89d3b53475885dfd2b6157a3cc6d9ea4d62e6c88c67c0fd6d5701 (today's 'beta' tag) image. Didn't work too (with and without ENV changes).

UPD: Tried to start container with clean volume mounted as /config and unexpectedly it didn't help too. So looks like it's not existing configuration problem.

Edited by skobkin

alucryd

4.1.0.9 is quite an old version indeed as far as betas go, which leads me to believe it might be a bug in the dotnet core version we're using now. The latest one is available at last since a few days ago, so I updated to it. Also patched our icu a bit, although I don't think this will help in this particular case.

Could you give the latest beta I just pushed a try? It overwrites the last one.

skobkin

Could you give the latest beta I just pushed a try?

Tried to recreate emby container using 004b85f204c2d945bedbf5399374e621a55d3c5e3e814b8cfe266747300a9d4a.

Unfortunately it's still failing...

Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_ExternalException
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..cctor()
   at System.String.IndexOf(System.String, Int32, Int32, System.StringComparison)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.InitCultureData()
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.GetCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32, System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(System.String)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
   at System.StringComparer..cctor()
   at System.AppDomain.InitializeCompatibilityFlags()
   at System.AppDomain.Setup(System.Object)
Aborted (core dumped)
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

KMBanana

Some platforms are running a little behind but it is coming, thanks.

Is it still coming or will it just be included in the next normal release? 

Is it still coming or will it just be included in the next normal release? 

Due to the amount of new development in our build environments right now, I think that carries some risk of creating new problems with Docker and that's why at this point we're looking to get 4.1 wrapped up as quickly as possible and then release that. That should hopefully come next week. Thanks.

bozrdnag

The full name of the plugin in "CA Fix Common Problems".  If you search Community Applications it will come up.  By the same author in fact. 

Once you install that plugin you will have "Docker Safe new perms" as an option under tools. You should also use the CA Fix Common Problems plugin and run an extended scan, it may provide a reason why new files are being created with the wrong permissions in the first place.  

I still couldn't find it.  Turns out I had to upgrade my CA plugin and then it showed in search.  Now that I have it I see that is a one time thing so I will have to keep running it over and over.  Is there no way to get Emby to assign the proper user/group instead?

KMBanana

I still couldn't find it.  Turns out I had to upgrade my CA plugin and then it showed in search.  Now that I have it I see that is a one time thing so I will have to keep running it over and over.  Is there no way to get Emby to assign the proper user/group instead?

Have you checked that new files still are still being created with these weird permissions?  I kinda hoped that it might have fixed permissions on upper level directory that would affect new files.  

Since your CA plugin was out of date is everything else up to date?  Unraid itself and the emby docker container?  

edit: Did you also run the extended tests from the CA Fix Common Problems plugin itself?

Edited by KMBanana

bozrdnag

Have you checked that new files still are still being created with these weird permissions?  I kinda hoped that it might have fixed permissions on upper level directory that would affect new files.  

Since your CA plugin was out of date is everything else up to date?  Unraid itself and the emby docker container?  

edit: Did you also run the extended tests from the CA Fix Common Problems plugin itself?

Everything else us up-to-date.   I ran the Docker Safe New Perms and new files are still being created with user and group daemon.  So I would have to keep running the Docker Safe New Perms.  I also ran CA Fix Common Problems and it found some things like plugins and containers with updates, but nothing looks like it would have any affect on perms.

ldnrvio0n934

Hi, I run Emby in docker (official emby/embyserver) under Ubuntu on a Intel NUC8i5. I have Premiere and have enabled VAAPI which is working. There's a strange thing going on when I play 4K movies with DTS on Android TV and Xbox ONE though. It direct streams the video and transcode the audio stream to AC3 which should be correct. There's however a spike on just 1 CPU (out of 8) which is maxed out and the Movie isn't playable, it stutters.  Any ideas? Some stuff from the logs:

Emby server log

2019-03-26 19:47:37.202 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
2019-03-26 19:47:37.364 Info Main: Emby
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.18.0.16
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
2019-03-26 19:47:37.405 Info App: Application version: 4.0.2.0

==============

FFMPEG Remux log

2019-03-26 19:58:40.466
Application version: 4.0.2.0
http://192.0.1.198:8096/emby/videos/12/hls1/main/0.ts?DeviceId=6e3c4987987495e&MediaSourceId=dfd515ef1e9879879ef61b38153e05a8b&VideoCodec=h264,mpeg2video,hevc,h265&AudioCodec=ac3,eac3,aac,mp3&VideoBitrate=109616000&AudioBitrate=384000&PlaySessionId=63c6ffe36011476095c4995ff122e369&api_key=6ad8172d85984d1c95fd52efbb9dfcee&AudioStreamIndex=1&SubtitleMethod=Encode&CopyTimestamps=true&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=2&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&ManifestSubtitles=vtt&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=51&hevc-profile=Main,Main10&ac3-audiochannels=8&eac3-audiochannels=8&aac-audiochannels=8&mp3-audiochannels=8&TranscodeReasons=AudioCodecNotSupported
{"Protocol":"File","Id":"dfd515ef1e2ce4fcef61b38153e98798b","Path":"/Movie2160p.mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv","Size":22829327976,"Name":"Movie2160p","IsRemote":false,"RunTimeTicks":84039360512,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"DiscardCorruptPts":false,"FillWallClockDts":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"hevc","Language":"eng","ColorTransfer":"smpte2084","ColorPrimaries":"bt2020","ColorSpace":"bt2020nc","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/24000","Title":"Movie2160p","VideoRange":"HDR","DisplayTitle":"4K HEVC","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":21732034,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1600,"Width":3840,"AverageFrameRate":23.9760246,"RealFrameRate":23.9760246,"Profile":"Main 10","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"2.40:1","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p10le","Level":153,"IsAnamorphic":false},{"Codec":"dts","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","Title":"Movie2160p","DisplayTitle":"Eng DTS 5.1 Default","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitDepth":24,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS-HD MA","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"ac3","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","Title":"Movie2160p","DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital 5.1","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"English-SRT","DisplayTitle":"Eng Default","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"English-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":4,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"fre","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"French-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Fre","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":5,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"Spanish-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":6,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"mjpeg","ColorSpace":"bt470bg","TimeBase":"1/90000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","IsInterlaced":false,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":3000,"Width":2000,"RealFrameRate":90000,"Profile":"194","Type":"EmbeddedImage","AspectRatio":"2:3","Index":7,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuvj420p","Level":-99,"IsAnamorphic":false}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":21732034,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}
User policy for emby: EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

Hi, I run Emby in docker (official emby/embyserver) under Ubuntu on a Intel NUC8i5. I have Premiere and have enabled VAAPI which is working. There's a strange thing going on when I play 4K movies with DTS on Android TV and Xbox ONE though. It direct streams the video and transcode the audio stream to AC3 which should be correct. There's however a spike on just 1 CPU (out of 8) which is maxed out and the Movie isn't playable, it stutters.  Any ideas? Some stuff from the logs:

Emby server log

2019-03-26 19:47:37.202 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
2019-03-26 19:47:37.364 Info Main: Emby
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.18.0.16
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
2019-03-26 19:47:37.405 Info App: Application version: 4.0.2.0

==============

FFMPEG Remux log

2019-03-26 19:58:40.466
Application version: 4.0.2.0
http://192.0.1.198:8096/emby/videos/12/hls1/main/0.ts?DeviceId=6e3c4987987495e&MediaSourceId=dfd515ef1e9879879ef61b38153e05a8b&VideoCodec=h264,mpeg2video,hevc,h265&AudioCodec=ac3,eac3,aac,mp3&VideoBitrate=109616000&AudioBitrate=384000&PlaySessionId=63c6ffe36011476095c4995ff122e369&api_key=6ad8172d85984d1c95fd52efbb9dfcee&AudioStreamIndex=1&SubtitleMethod=Encode&CopyTimestamps=true&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=2&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&ManifestSubtitles=vtt&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=51&hevc-profile=Main,Main10&ac3-audiochannels=8&eac3-audiochannels=8&aac-audiochannels=8&mp3-audiochannels=8&TranscodeReasons=AudioCodecNotSupported
{"Protocol":"File","Id":"dfd515ef1e2ce4fcef61b38153e98798b","Path":"/Movie2160p.mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv","Size":22829327976,"Name":"Movie2160p","IsRemote":false,"RunTimeTicks":84039360512,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"DiscardCorruptPts":false,"FillWallClockDts":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"hevc","Language":"eng","ColorTransfer":"smpte2084","ColorPrimaries":"bt2020","ColorSpace":"bt2020nc","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/24000","Title":"Movie2160p","VideoRange":"HDR","DisplayTitle":"4K HEVC","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":21732034,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1600,"Width":3840,"AverageFrameRate":23.9760246,"RealFrameRate":23.9760246,"Profile":"Main 10","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"2.40:1","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p10le","Level":153,"IsAnamorphic":false},{"Codec":"dts","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","Title":"Movie2160p","DisplayTitle":"Eng DTS 5.1 Default","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitDepth":24,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS-HD MA","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"ac3","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","Title":"Movie2160p","DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital 5.1","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"English-SRT","DisplayTitle":"Eng Default","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"English-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":4,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"fre","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"French-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Fre","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":5,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"Spanish-PGS","DisplayTitle":"Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":6,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"mjpeg","ColorSpace":"bt470bg","TimeBase":"1/90000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","IsInterlaced":false,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":3000,"Width":2000,"RealFrameRate":90000,"Profile":"194","Type":"EmbeddedImage","AspectRatio":"2:3","Index":7,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuvj420p","Level":-99,"IsAnamorphic":false}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":21732034,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}
User policy for emby: EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

Please start a new topic and attach the complete log files from an example. thanks.

skobkin

Today I tried to update docker image of my container to the latest beta image (probably 0316f41ea06938f1ba49f6ba39db4d223d9aa2b6c6a703f605ff51aac3e97608 for now). But looks like it's not working. I tried to gradually downgrade image versions using tags from Docker Hub and last version which is working for me is 4.1.0.9.

Still not working on latest beta:

sha256:eb7353d4604b2f26f7eed380ba7757db346c44e8ea9b23bc9da55059daf06303

Did I lost ability to update Emby forever or this problem can be dealt with?

Still not working on latest beta:

sha256:eb7353d4604b2f26f7eed380ba7757db346c44e8ea9b23bc9da55059daf06303

Did I lost ability to update Emby forever or this problem can be dealt with?

We are actively looking into it, thanks.

skobkin

We are actively looking into it, thanks.

Thanks! Does someone else have this problem? Can I help more to find the cause?

NikeSwe

No problem here. Running on Unraid, using the official beta template for Unraid. Running 4.1.0.19 beta.

Edited by NikeSwe

Thanks! Does someone else have this problem? Can I help more to find the cause?

@@skobkin, have you tried today's beta? Also what is your system locale setting set to?

skobkin

@@skobkin, have you tried today's beta?

Just updated to emby/embyserver:beta@sha256:91ed1e0eeedf080475e808025d81bed3a1766c191142ce93019e50fe5a963d77.

Unfortunately still having this (stacktrace removed this time):

Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_ExternalException

Also what is your system locale setting set to?

Host locale settings are:

LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8

Also here is container's ENV configuration part:

"Env": [
  "UID=1000",
  "GID=1000",
  "PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin",
  "LANG=en_US.UTF-8",
  "HOME=/tmp",
  "FONTCONFIG_PATH=/etc/fonts",
  "ICU_DATA=/share/icu/61.1",
  "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/lib/samba:/system",
  "LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/lib/dri",
  "SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt",
  "GIDLIST=2",
  "AMDGPU_IDS=/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids"
]
Edited by skobkin

vaise

So I finally got around to testing changing the emby docker to use a virtual IP address.

Changed docker to Custom :BR instead of 'host', keyed in the IP address I want - 192.168.1.5.

Container did not start.

Error in container is :

e":"No such container: bc8aa836cd12"}

Changing it back to Host and it starts fine.

@@Luke said some time ago in this thread that this would be fine.

Reason I wish to change - easy qos config if its on a different IP to the rest of the dockers.
I have two other dockers configured find with VIP's (pihole and HomeBridge GUI).

Any ideas ?

Edit ------ This may be due to the old pihole docker that was not running, but using he same IP address as i wanted to use for emby.  I have now deleted that and will re-try the emby LAN IP change tomorrow - too many users online now.
Edited by vaise

vaise

OK - I was correct the other docker had to be deleted, the IP change went fine and the emby clients on my LAN did not notice a thing.

However - I had to roll back, and I don't know why - it is NOT an emby issue, just that all remote friends and family could not connect. 

I use cloudflare and it was reporting the host down.

I use nginx and I changed the IP address in there to the new one, and restarted it - it is as if it did not 'take' - I guess some issue there.

I will re-do when I can advise everyone of an extended outage when I have time to play. 

vaise

OK - I was correct the other docker had to be deleted, the IP change went fine and the emby clients on my LAN did not notice a thing.

However - I had to roll back, and I don't know why - it is NOT an emby issue, just that all remote friends and family could not connect. 

I use cloudflare and it was reporting the host down.

I use nginx and I changed the IP address in there to the new one, and restarted it - it is as if it did not 'take' - I guess some issue there.

I will re-do when I can advise everyone of an extended outage when I have time to play. 

So it seems that once you apply an IP address to a docker container, you lose the host-container comms.  

So I was told its best to change all containers that need to talk to each other - also best for security as they can only talk to the unraid host vis docker drive mappings.

Today I did all that :

nginx 192.168.1.5
emby 192.168.1.200
ombi 192.168.1.201
tvheadend 192.168.1.202
sab 192.168.1.203
deluge 192.168.1.204
sonarr 192.168.1.205
radarr 192.168.1.206
Jackett 192.168.1.207

Changed the port forwarding on router from 192.168.1.7 (unraid host) to 192.168.1.5 (ip of nginx above)
Changed the nginx reverse proxy config for all the above endpoints.

It Does not work.  Packets not getting to nginx from WAN side.  All fine on LAN. 
I suspect I cannot route / port forward from WAN to the virtual IP on a docker container.

Can anyone confirm this ?