XBMC Metadata Plugin

Luke

Hello! and thanks for this great plugin.

I have this in the xml files, because I put it manually:

<MediaInfo>
    <Video>
      <Codec>AVC</Codec>
      <Width>1280</Width>
      <Height>688</Height>
      <AspectRatio>1.85:1</AspectRatio>
      <Duration>79</Duration>
      <BitRate>3072000</BitRate>
      <FrameRate>23.976</FrameRate>
      <ScanType>Progressive</ScanType>
      <Language>
      </Language>
    </Video>
    <Audio>
      <Codec>AAC</Codec>
      <Channels>2</Channels>
      <BitRate>139600</BitRate>
      <Language>spa</Language>
    </Audio>
  </MediaInfo>

but this in the nfo:

<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>3203209</bitrate>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>688</height>
        <aspect>1.85:1</aspect>
        <aspectratio>1.85:1</aspectratio>
        <framerate>23.97602</framerate>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>79</duration>
        <durationinseconds>4715</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>3203209</bitrate>
        <language>spa</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>

I assume because It takes directly from mediainfo, as you see is not accurate for acc audio mkv files (mediaInfo bug I think), and If I change it manually is not keeping after metadata refresh.
Is there any way to keep this information after refresh?
Thanks.
Edited by goibe

ztrust

Hey Luke.

I would Like to one day switch over to this as my main media manager. 

and so I would like to help complete it and have done alot of testing on movies tvshows and music.

and I´m affraid to say  at this point it is not really useable if you want any control over your metadata.

But I love where this could go ;) 

I have a bug report List if you would like to hear what I have found plz let me know.

I am writing this so not to fill up this thread with what could be consieved as complaits.

Ztrust

What does that mean? We had a pretty good size group of people test this.

ztrust

ok With Regard to music here is what I found

All my music is on my D Drive in 

Music /

Artist /

Album/ 

Disc 1/

song

Disc 2

song

Here is what I found.

1. lock data dont work If I change data, scroll down lock plot and title and click both save buttons again at next manuall refresh all data is overwritten by the scraper

2. If I manually change data in the nfo´s that is generated and change locked status to true nfo is overwritten and status set to false at first manual refresh.

3. If an artist have a . Period it its name the name is stopped and is impossible to change so "P. Diddy becomes P"  "L.O.C becomes L.O"  tried to change it both in the nfo and in the server but couldent.

4. If an album has multi disc artist name becomes album name

artist

album (The light)/

disc1

disc 2

artist.nfo (artist name becomes The light but bio is correct) 

folder.jpg

nfo scraped with xbmc gives artist Discography with Mbs I get a list of folders in artist directory.

ok That was all I can remember for now

Edited by ztrust

Well #2 is because we don't read nfo's at this time, so all changes are one way. the others can be worked through.

ztrust

well that maskes sense.

I did some xbmc testing and exported my music library and it seem xbmc exports artist with multi cd  to album folder too ?

but artiist is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
pünktchen

@@Luke

You've said you don't read nfo's this time, but when will it be?

Any progress on this?

I have hundreds of really old movies where no german and only few english metadata

are availlable via the online scrapers, so MB isn't really usefull for me right now...

Ethyria

@@Luke

You've said you don't read nfo's this time, but when will it be?

Any progress on this?

I have hundreds of really old movies where no german and only few english metadata

are availlable via the online scrapers, so MB isn't really usefull for me right now...

I just wanted to give this a +1, this feature would enable me to finally make the switch from Metabrowser to MediaBrowser for my XBMC metadata, which I am quite enthusiastic to do.

Another feature that would be fantastic would be the ability either natively, or via plugin, save actor images to the '.actors' folder within the series folder itself.

Edited by Ethyria

• 2 weeks later...
NNate

I posted this in another thread too, but wanted to post something here to see if any of you have a workaround.

I added path substitution in MediaBrowser Server to get artwork and actor thumbnails working properly in XBMC.  It seems that this has messed up playing through MediaBrowser.

All my libraries are inputted as UNC paths: \\server\folder.  I added path substitution to map \\server to smb://server.  My nfo files are being created appropriately.  Everything works great in OpenElec.

The issue is that when I go to play a file in MediaBrowser Classic, it wants to open smb://server/... instead of \\server\... and it cannot find the file.  So, instead of opening the file directly, it tries to stream...

Any ideas or another approach I should take?

xbmc supports unc, right? can't you just remove the path substitution completely?

NNate

xbmc supports unc, right? can't you just remove the path substitution completely?

I could be wrong, I don't think it works in OpenElec because it's running over Linux.  I remember I had to get the path substitution in place for it to properly understand my actor thumbnails.

sfnetwork

I could be wrong, I don't think it works in OpenElec because it's running over Linux.  I remember I had to get the path substitution in place for it to properly understand my actor thumbnails.

You're right, in OE, it needs to use SMB format... but this with NFO files, XBMC doesn't care about XML files though.

@@Luke does it also do the path substitution in the MB XML files?

Edited by sfnetwork

there's no paths in mb xml. the plugin used to have separate path substitution settings. i will have to restore that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
NNate

Sorry to bump this again, but has there been any progress on the separate path substitution issue?  Perhaps in a beta release of the plugin or something?  I haven't been able to use MB3 for my viewing due to this issue and I miss it  :)

Maybe the fix is out there and I just don't know about it.

• 1 month later...