XBMC Metadata Plugin

Luke

Pete1989

Hi there, 

I'm trying to get my YouTube subscriptions downloaded and viewable (as local files) on XBMC. So far I have them downloading, and moving onto my NAS. 

I'm having trouble getting MediaBrowser to write the nfo for the files, currently it writes xmls. I have XBMC metadata plugin installed and i use it for my normal tv & films. 

Any advice?

Pete1989

I'm downloading YouTube videos to play them locally. 

MediaBrowser is producing XML files for the videos but not NFO. Do you know why that would be? Or a possible solution, as XBMC isn't picking up the XMLs and of course can't scrap YT vid info. 

Ideally MB3 would create a very basic NFO just with the title changed, to make it show in XBMC. 

Pete1989

This is an example of the XML that it is producing currently

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Title>
  <Added>18/02/2014 00:00:00</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Type>Video</Type>
  <LocalTitle>2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S Review - TEST_DRIVE</LocalTitle>
  <RunningTime>5</RunningTime>
  <Runtime>5</Runtime>
</Title>

Vampirebat

I was a bit sceptical about using MB3 to help organise my metadata into XBMC format at first but i have to say that it has made the task of organising my music collection much faster, and i can now see just how powerful this software is and more importantly how much control it give the user over thier media files, metadata, and artwork.

also changes made in the html5 interface seem to be much faster than ive seen with most other media organisation tools.

the few issues ive had which may be just a user error because i am new to MB3, is that in the album.nfo file that this plugin creates it lists the tracks out of order.

by that i dont mean that track "1" is say listed as track "4" but rather it is listed correctly as track 1 but in the track list within the nfo is written as say track 8 then 7 then 3 then finally 1 which while they are all listed as the correct track just shuffled out of order so im sure it has little bereing on functionality is an annoyance for ppl who are reading them in a text editor.

in the same vein as this issue i dont see a way to edit the metadata for tracks in the editor. is this a feature that will be added later?

having an option to "auto generate" data from mp3 tags and what Musicbrains and Last.fm says is nice but what happens when those sources are wrong?

which they quite often are because they are userbase created databases and anyone can add thier "2 cents" which is why last.fm has for any given artist the same album listed like 20 times.

this is an issue with those sources and i dont fault MB for that but since metadata and artwork are pulled from these sources when the data to populate the fields isnt present in your files mp3 tag having easy access to manually change/correct those fields without having to resort to opening them up in notepad to correct them would be a great thing.

i have avoided organising my music collection for many years because i knew it would be a PITA but MB3 has already helped me make that task much easier and i thank everyone who has worked on the program and this plugin for that and i look forward to seeing the new metadata options that are suposed to be included in the next release perhaps they will have already address the track lists.

what is the media folder type that you setup? I don't think we write nfo's at the moment for plain home videos.

• 1 month later...
ztrust

Hi 

I would very much like to switch over to Mb3 Server for metadata manger for xbmc and have been playing with it all day it it seems to work awesome, exept for two things Actor images and links are not present in xbmc or on the server I cant figure out how to get this to work?

and i cant get the trailers to play in xbmc I am not sure if this is the problem but the links is store in the url without the \\plugin so they are just direct urls.

hope you can help 

----Edit------

ok Got Actors to Work ;) had to go rebuild actors and refresh all movies and then save then images and links are there.

Here log regarding Trailer links.

NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:10:45 T:6496  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNe3RK2fgI
16:10:45 T:6496 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
16:10:45 T:2080  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
16:10:45 T:2080  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
16:10:46 T:2080  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
16:10:46 T:6492  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
16:10:46 T:2080   ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNe3RK2fgI
16:10:46 T:2080   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
16:10:46 T:2080  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
16:10:46 T:2080  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream

Ztrust

Edited by ztrust

sfnetwork

Hi 

I would very much like to switch over to Mb3 Server for metadata manger for xbmc and have been playing with it all day it it seems to work awesome, exept for two things Actor images and links are not present in xbmc or on the server I cant figure out how to get this to work?

and i cant get the trailers to play in xbmc I am not sure if this is the problem but the links is store in the url without the \\plugin so they are just direct urls.

hope you can help

Ztrust

For the actor images, might be the path (Path substitutions), can you show the NFO file to confirm?

For the trailers, in XBMC, there are two options:

-local trailer (moviefilename-trailer.ext)

-Youtube trailer path (in NFO). By seeing your nfo, I would be able to confirm all this.

ztrust

Hi sfnetwork  

thanks for the answer

I have googled alot and found that this should work and it is the format Ember put out too and they play --> plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=sFXGrTng0gQ  

This is from my nfo scraped with Mb3 server with the xbmc plugin -->   

<trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kRbWYyHP8</trailer>

I got actors to work Images is not scraped on first run so have to rebuild actors and then refresh and save.then images show and links are saved

sfnetwork

Refresh people on library updates would be nice.

So after new scan of library and rebuild actors the actors are there but shouldent it update the nfo with the paths ?

I made an official request:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5933-fr-server-add-after-library-update-trigger-in-scheduled-tasks/

the request is not needed. it's already internal to the plugin, just not working for whatever reason so i need to take a look.

sfnetwork

the request is not needed. it's already internal to the plugin, just not working for whatever reason so i need to take a look.

Oh OK, sorry, didn't know... Can you delete my request in this case (or maybe it's still a good request without the XBMC saver?)

deleting it because we don't want people to have to set that kind of thing up just to get something to work

sfnetwork

Hi sfnetwork  

thanks for the answer

I have googled alot and found that this should work and it is the format Ember put out too and they play --> plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=sFXGrTng0gQ  

This is from my nfo scraped with Mb3 server with the xbmc plugin -->   

<trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kRbWYyHP8</trailer>

I got actors to work Images is not scraped on first run so have to rebuild actors and then refresh and save.then images show and links are saved

For the actors images, it need to be in a path that XBMC will be able to access. SInce I also use OpenElec (Linux), I had to find the common ground (Windows and Linux)

2014-03-27%205-37-44%20PM.png

This is where I use the path substitution in MB Server:

2014-03-27%205-41-41%20PM.png

Basically, the first field depends on how you configured your media in MB Server. In my example, My movies are accessed in MB by \\sfserver\movies$. So in NFO, it will translate to smb://sfserver (samba)

And MBServer is set to use the ImagesByName:

2014-03-27%205-45-29%20PM.png

Again, this translates to smb://sfserver....

Edited by sfnetwork

does the trailer change need to be configurable? will it work with the plex nfo import plugin?

sfnetwork

@@Luke

in NFO, online trailer path should be like this:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=CZShn0PZiYU</trailer>

My test MB server isn't accessible right now so can't confirm anything...

When I get home, I'll confirm all this....

Edited by sfnetwork

sfnetwork

does the trailer change need to be configurable? will it work with the plex nfo import plugin?

lol, Plex doesn't support trailers (biggest feature request they have in there)