XBMC Metadata Plugin

Luke

steve1977

Got it, but unfortunately still not succeeding to download local trailers. See below my log. The weird thing is that this part of the log will just disappear after a few minutes. Very weird as it does not allow me to trace down what makes the trailer download stop. It always stays at 0.0% task complete, but nothing happening and no information can be found in the log...

2013-10-13 19:37:43.9626, Info, App, Found trailer http://videos.hd-trailers.net/After_Earth_Trailer_2R_5.1-1080p-HDTN.mp4 for After Earth
2013-10-13 19:37:43.9626, Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFile url: http://videos.hd-trailers.net/After_Earth_Trailer_2R_5.1-1080p-HDTN.mp4, temp file: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\temp\5abec239-8e5e-473a-9c1f-58f964122959.tmp

Thanks for any idea!

steve1977

Here we go (taken from the server log):

2013-10-13 19:36:25.6452, Error, App, Error downloading trailer for After Earth
A task was canceled.
System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__28.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers.Search.LocalTrailerDownloader.<DownloadTrailerForItem>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers.ScheduledTasks.LocalTrailerDownloadTask.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()

If you post a link to that entire log file we can probably find the main issue.  That error is subsequent to whatever the real error was. It is reporting that the task was canceled.

That's benign, just from cancellation. I'll clean up the logging so that it doesn't clutter the log.

Also, we currently only have a couple sources for trailer downloads and need to add a few more so that it can really be complete.

steve1977

From what I know, there are three great sources to download trailers:

1) HD-trailers - has its own API and has the best quality trailers

2) TMDB - has youtube links, which can be downloaded from

3) IMDB - no idea what links it has, but there are also some

4) Apple - I somewhat remember that these cannot be easily scraped?

I doubt that the issue is the lack of available trailers, but there is something else preventing the proper download. I can create a full log, but not sure how much more info it will deliver.

steve1977

Youtube downloads are against the law? There are plenty of youtube downloaders, which are on well regarded US sites. What is the regulation?

My issue is probably not related to this as I would imagine that tt1815862 trailer will be available on #1 and #4.

Also, a list of all movies with missing local trailers would make things a lot better (as indicated in separate thread). This would allow me to find trailers separately and add them manually.

But, Mom...everybody's doing it... ;)

The terms of use for YouTube explicitly forbids directly downloading their content as well as attempting to stream it into any display device/player that is not their own.

steve1977

Still surprising that there is commercial software that is openly offered that allows scraping. Not even to mention non-youtube developed youtube apps for IOS.

Anyhow, I am sure you looked into it and it just not allowed in the US.

Btw, wouldn't this be yet another argument to remove the youtube links from the NFO file ;-)

Btw, wouldn't this be yet another argument to remove the youtube links from the NFO file ;-)

No, because, as long as we play them in the supported YT player, it is fine.  That's what we do in the web client.

Still surprising that there is commercial software that is openly offered that allows scraping. Not even to mention non-youtube developed youtube apps for IOS.

Surprising to me as well, but it is the culture of the internet.  Some consider it the wild west and, anything you can get away with is okay.  I don't like for us to operate that way.

The exact legality of this type of thing has evolved and loosened and tightened over time.  Here is a good, concise run-down on the evolution and current state (which appears to be tightening) of the affair.  Why they put Clinton's picture up there, well..I guess he was a good icon of "interesting" interpretations of words :).

I am using MBS on my server and MBC on my main HTPC as well as XBMC on a second HTPC (due to just added and don't want to fool around again with adding codecs and such , can't wait for MBT). I have been using Media Center Master in the past for metadata and fanart, just started having it download both for MB and XBMC. Some data has been been downloaded by MBS and I have the XBMC metadata plugin. Needless to say I am now getting some duplicated data and am trying to figure out what files come from what source and what they are all used for. I have a folder for each movie called "moviename (date)" (example: Backdraft (1991)) with my movie and metadata inside. Movie is called "moviename (date)".mkv (example: Backdraft (1991).mkv).

From MCM I was originally getting backdrop.jpg and movie.xml files which were used in MB and that was all I had. Now I am getting other artwork files like logo, clearart, disc, discart and fanart .png files; movie and "moviename (date)" .nfo files; as well as banner, backdrop, fanart. folder, poster and thumb .jpg files.

Disc.png, discart.png and fanart.png files are all disc art. Not sure what metadata source they are coming from and not sure which is used in MB and which in XBMC.

Folder.jpg and poster.jpg files are both cover art files. Not sure what metadata source they are coming from but understand that folder.jpg is used in MB and both folder.jpg and poster.jpg in XBMC interchangeably.

I know backdrop.jpg files are for MB and fanart.jpg files are for XBMC and that they are mostly coming from MCM (because added prior to MBS) and possibly some from MBS. I also know that for XBMC fanart.jpg files there can be more then 1 just like MB backdrop.jpg files but the second and additional files need to be in a fanart subfolder.

I know that .nfo files are used in XBMC and that a generically named movie.nfo is ok to use if in a movie folder and that a "moviename".nfo such as my "moviename (date)".nfo files can be used in folders with multiple movies as well as an individual movie folder. I am not sure which is coming from which source however, I get both.

I know that the logo, clearart and banner files are used in various themes and skins in both MB and XBMC but not sure which source they are coming from.

Lastly I do not know what the thumb.jpg file is used for or what source it is coming from but I have noted that for some reason it overrides the poster and folder cover art files in XBMC.

Sorry for making this so long but wanted to try and be clear about what I am trying to find out (underlined text) and also indicate what I know in case it might help others. I know I need to probably settle on one default source but want to know where everything is coming from so that I can choose the best source.

Thanks in advance for any help and I love MB3 and very much appreciate all the work that has been done on it and its client by so many people.

well i would turn off one so that you can test both us and MCM individually, otherwise they're going to be hard to evaluate. But to answer:

- disc.png is downloaded by us. discart, fanart, not us. (But we also support cdart if it's there and i'll add support for discart).

- folder.jpg is downloaded by us, poster is not (but we support poster if its' there)

- backdrop.jpg is downloaded by us. fanart not us (but we support it if its' there)

- for nfo's, we save moviename".nfo such as my "moviename (date)

- logo, clearart, banner, used by us

steve1977

Lastly I do not know what the thumb.jpg file is used for or what source it is coming from but I have noted that for some reason it overrides the poster and folder cover art files in XBMC.

Thumb.jpg comes from MBS, but no idea what it is good for? Not good to hear that it overrides folder.jpg in XBMC.

we use those thumb images. the fact that an xbmc theme might choose to use it instead of folder.jpg is out of our control.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the Transparency skin in XBMC and have not tried other themes to see if the same thing happens. I have not been able to find anything online indicating the use of thumb.jpg in XBMC except for with tv show seasons the use of a xxxx-thumb.jpg file with xxxx defining the season. I did note in the MB wiki that the thumb.jpg in MB is a 16:9 aspect coverart type file, is that correct? I saw a reference for XBMC where they use a landscape.jpg file for the same thing but did not mention thumb.jpg use. Odd, may have to post in the XBMC forum and see if anyone knows why this happens.i think I am going to stop using MCM for awhile and see how it goes with just MBS and the XBMC plugin for my metadata. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the Transparency skin in XBMC and have not tried other themes to see if the same thing happens. I have not been able to find anything online indicating the use of thumb.jpg in XBMC except for with tv show seasons the use of a xxxx-thumb.jpg file with xxxx defining the season. I did note in the MB wiki that the thumb.jpg in MB is a 16:9 aspect coverart type file, is that correct? I saw a reference for XBMC where they use a landscape.jpg file for the same thing but did not mention thumb.jpg use. Odd, may have to post in the XBMC forum and see if anyone knows why this happens.i think I am going to stop using MCM for awhile and see how it goes with just MBS and the XBMC plugin for my metadata. Thanks again.

Glad to hear you'll be using us for metadata. Since you're an xbmc member, if you could say a few positive words here that would be most appreciated:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175430

Thanks.

I did note in the MB wiki that the thumb.jpg in MB is a 16:9 aspect coverart type file, is that correct?

It is a 16x9 aspect screen-grab or other landscape image as opposed to cover art.  See the thumb images section on FanArt.tv for examples.

sfnetwork

Luke, I'm starting to fully test the XBMC plugin.
My ultimate goal would be to disable MetaBrowser rt fetch (just use it if I need batch process, etc...so I don't need to leave it opened).

There is one important setting you should add for Linux based XBMC (SMB protocol way will work in all XBMC version for the "imagesbyname", Linux, Openelec, Windows, etc... So it need to be SMB in the NFO...)

2013-10-14%202-21-35%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-04-58%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-09-27%20PM.png

Luke, I'm starting to fully test the XBMC plugin.

My ultimate goal would be to disable MetaBrowser rt fetch (just use it if I need batch process, etc...so I don't need to leave it opened).

There is one important setting you should add for Linux based XBMC (SMB protocol way will work in all XBMC version for the "imagesbyname", Linux, Openelec, Windows, etc... So it need to be SMB in the NFO...)

2013-10-14%202-21-35%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-04-58%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-09-27%20PM.png

Done.

Hello,

I'm new here, so not sure if I should ask on this thread.. I'm doing a new build and was thinking Xbmc/ Plex but after reading about MB3... Plex is out, I want MB3  :) Unfortunately, I'm just an end user and other than just post my findings, I can't help you guys with this project. My question is, until this plug-in becomes available, will Xbmc and MB3 play well together? I think the combination will be awesome and once they're integrated it'll blow the doors off anything else out there. Good luck getting this done (asap  :) lol) thanks for reading.

Actually the plugin is available now in the mb3 server plugin catalog. Try it all out!

Awesome :) I'll be finishing my build this weekend and report back... BTW I was only kidding when I said asap... 4 minutes and its done :) awesome!!! Wow