XBMC Metadata Plugin

Luke

sfnetwork

Luke, after last optimizations/corrections are completed and I run final tests, I'll make a detailed "how to" for the plugin if you want.

Edited by sfnetwork

zachmo826

Does this plugin insert the "votes" tag into the nfo files? I'm not sure if that's a field mediabrowser collects during a scrape or not

Luke, I'm starting to fully test the XBMC plugin.

My ultimate goal would be to disable MetaBrowser rt fetch (just use it if I need batch process, etc...so I don't need to leave it opened).

There is one important setting you should add for Linux based XBMC (SMB protocol way will work in all XBMC version for the "imagesbyname", Linux, Openelec, Windows, etc... So it need to be SMB in the NFO...)

2013-10-14%202-21-35%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-04-58%20PM.png

2013-10-14%202-09-27%20PM.png

click on the xbmc plugin in the installed plugins area of the dashboard.

Am I supposed to be able to see all of these tabs in the options screen as above or just the Path Substitution option as that is all I see when I click on the XBMC plugin. 

sfnetwork

A detailed "how to" will be soon added in the guides section. It should answer most of the questions about what it's doing and the XBMC compatible file/folder structure it creates.

zachmo826

Hi again, after messing around with this some more I may have found one more issue. It looks like for TV Episodes, the plugin is writing the <aired> tag in the wrong format, as 01/06/2006 (day/month/year). This makes the field show correctly within any skins, however, it seems to not write the field to the database properly, as I can't use smart playlists to find these new episodes based on airdate. In my testing, when i changed the format of the <aired> tag to "2006-06-01" (Year-month-day) both the field in aired shows correctly, and the database is updated correctly too. 

I've tested this format change on a few episodes, and it seems to be working correctly, any chance someone else can test and see if it's not just me? This format is also what XBMC has posted in their NFO example here, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/TV_shows

It looks like this is happening for movies as well, under the <releasedate> tag

Please let me know if there is anything I can provide, I'd love to help sort this out

Edited by zachmo826

In preparation to try and redo all my metadata for my movies using MBS scraped data I cleared out the data for one movie. Movies are in their own folders. I can't for the life of me now get the metadata to refresh. I set the metadata refresh period to 1 day, enabled "download data from internet", enabled "save data within media folder", set "maximum number of backdrops" to 10, enabled all of the "additional movie images" and then waited several days. I also tried doing refresh of metadata from web client both on the movie individually and on my whole collection. Have also tried enabling and disabling "download missing images only". No new metadata has been written to my movie folder, which is empty except for the video file. I have tried searching the forum to see how this should be done but no luck. Do I need to delete something somewhere besides the data in the movie folder to let MBS know the metadata needs to be re-loaded?

Edited by sasaba

the initial discovery of the item is when it happens. after that if you want to force a new refresh it has to be done manually using the edit page. so try that again.

If you mean in the edit page for the movie in the web client I have tried to do do a refresh with with and w/o forced refresh selected multiple times and nothing happens.

Describe "nothing happens".

Go to the bottom of the edit page and expand external id's. Is there a tmdb id?

I have cleaned out my movie folder so that there is only the .mkv file. The web client still shows the text information in the metadata including the tmdb id even though the .xml file has been deleted from the movie folder. There are no images but the people data still remains as I have not deleted the info from the app data path (I think that is where it is stored). After I refresh the movie in the web client from the edit menu everything remains the same with respect to the metadata and people data but a backdrop image is added that appears to be a clip from the movie, but no new files, image or .xml, are added to the movie folder.

have you enabled saving of local metadata? did you check the server log for any errors? do any of the affected items have a lock icon next to them on the edit page sidebar?

I have enabled "save metadata within media folder" if that is what you mean and I do not see any lock icons in front of the movie names on the edit side bar. I am looking for the log file, I forgot where it was as so far I haven't had any need to look at it before now.

OK log files say that on refresh write access to the movie folder was denied. I had added some new movies last week and on initial discovery MBS was able to write to those movie folders which are in the same main "Movies" folder with the same share privileges. For your info MBS is on a WHS 2011 server with the libraries on the same server in a Flexraid storage pool with snapshot raid. MBS is running now as a service and I am not sure if I changed it to a service after those last movies were added.

I stopped running MBS as a service and started it from the start menu and was able to refresh my data so evidently there is a file access problem when running as a service that is not there when running normally.

For the service you may need to configure the user account it runs under in the windows control panel.

• Like 1

I had not set up the user account in the service, thanks. Just want to say you guys are amazing with all the work you are doing on this set of applications as well as the level of response to questions and concerns.