Emby next gen

quickmic

hukt_own_fonikz

I have been having a heck of a time today trying to get this to work. I'll go through everything I tried because every single version gave me the same results. I started with LibreELEC 10.0.2, and went through the regular install instructions on the website - install the repo from zip, install regular Emby addon from repo. That didn't work because that version of Emby-for-Kodi didn't work with Kodi 19 Matrix (because of Python 2 dependency). So I did a little research and decided to go with LibreELEC 9.2.8 with Kodi 18 Leia. Emby-for-Kodi installed now. I installed regular Emby-for-Kodi via the repo like the instructions said. It installed, and rebooted. I was able to log into Emby, it asked all the questions, then it prompted for sources, and my options were All - Movies - TV Shows - Music. I selected All. No prompts on screen, it just went quiet. Nothing happened. Nothing in my Kodi Libraries. I went into the Addon and it had everything, complete with info and cover art. 

More research. Nothing substantial but this seems to be a somewhat recurring theme though most users seem to have only one or two libraries that wouldn't show up. So then I went for the Emby-for-Kodi Beta release. Exact same process, exact same results.

Then I find out about Emby-next-gen, and that works with Kodi 19 Matrix. Surely this is the solution. I reinstall LibreELEC 10.0.2, I install emby-next-gen from the repo. Exact same setup, exact same results.

THEN I found this thread, and about installing emby-next-gen latest builds. I installed the latest build, 7-0-8? Off the top of my head, whatever was at the bottom of the list. Again, exact same setup. This time because I just uninstalled emby-next-gen from the Kodi menu, when I installed from zip it did tell me I needed to reset my kodi libraries. It went through that, it rebooted. Exact same setup - login to Emby, add the sources, "All", still not showing up in Kodi, and this version has the "dynamic" and "synced" folders. All of my movies, TV shows, music are showing up in dynamic but not synced. By this time I've seen one of your setup Youtubes and noticed when you're adding Emby sources there's a screen popup with the progress. I'd never seen that.

So, I was on the cusp of coming here and asking questions when I figured I'd try one more thing - I reset the Kodi database again, and this time instead of adding "All" I just add Movies. BAM THERE'S THE POPUP. Everything adds, all is good. It works just like it was supposed to 4 hours ago. In setting up a separate Kodi profile (for a separate Emby login) I figured I'd go a step farther. I selected Movies, TV Shows, Music all individually. And yes, that worked too.

Sorry for the wall of text, I needed to vent because I've been beating my head against this for 4+ hours and I figured it would be worth spelling out my entire process.

TLDR there's a bug when adding "All" emby sources. Individual sources work even when you select them all, but "All" does not.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, kron0s said:

I am missing the thumbnails on the main home screen for movies and tv shows after upgrading to 6.2.11.   I tried everything I can think of, nothing works.  But collections thumbnails looks fine.  This is happening to both my devices.  I am using Embuary as a skin.  Should I downgrade back to 5.xx?  Help!

See attached

20220313_160035.jpg

FYI this is still broken for me under 6.xx even with a clean reinstalled running on kodi 18.9, embuary skin on the nvidia shield. Anyone else have his problem?

4 hours ago, hukt_own_fonikz said:

I have been having a heck of a time today trying to get this to work. I'll go through everything I tried because every single version gave me the same results. I started with LibreELEC 10.0.2, and went through the regular install instructions on the website - install the repo from zip, install regular Emby addon from repo. That didn't work because that version of Emby-for-Kodi didn't work with Kodi 19 Matrix (because of Python 2 dependency). So I did a little research and decided to go with LibreELEC 9.2.8 with Kodi 18 Leia. Emby-for-Kodi installed now. I installed regular Emby-for-Kodi via the repo like the instructions said. It installed, and rebooted. I was able to log into Emby, it asked all the questions, then it prompted for sources, and my options were All - Movies - TV Shows - Music. I selected All. No prompts on screen, it just went quiet. Nothing happened. Nothing in my Kodi Libraries. I went into the Addon and it had everything, complete with info and cover art. 

More research. Nothing substantial but this seems to be a somewhat recurring theme though most users seem to have only one or two libraries that wouldn't show up. So then I went for the Emby-for-Kodi Beta release. Exact same process, exact same results.

Then I find out about Emby-next-gen, and that works with Kodi 19 Matrix. Surely this is the solution. I reinstall LibreELEC 10.0.2, I install emby-next-gen from the repo. Exact same setup, exact same results.

THEN I found this thread, and about installing emby-next-gen latest builds. I installed the latest build, 7-0-8? Off the top of my head, whatever was at the bottom of the list. Again, exact same setup. This time because I just uninstalled emby-next-gen from the Kodi menu, when I installed from zip it did tell me I needed to reset my kodi libraries. It went through that, it rebooted. Exact same setup - login to Emby, add the sources, "All", still not showing up in Kodi, and this version has the "dynamic" and "synced" folders. All of my movies, TV shows, music are showing up in dynamic but not synced. By this time I've seen one of your setup Youtubes and noticed when you're adding Emby sources there's a screen popup with the progress. I'd never seen that.

So, I was on the cusp of coming here and asking questions when I figured I'd try one more thing - I reset the Kodi database again, and this time instead of adding "All" I just add Movies. BAM THERE'S THE POPUP. Everything adds, all is good. It works just like it was supposed to 4 hours ago. In setting up a separate Kodi profile (for a separate Emby login) I figured I'd go a step farther. I selected Movies, TV Shows, Music all individually. And yes, that worked too.

Sorry for the wall of text, I needed to vent because I've been beating my head against this for 4+ hours and I figured it would be worth spelling out my entire process.

TLDR there's a bug when adding "All" emby sources. Individual sources work even when you select them all, but "All" does not.

Thanks for reporting and your persistence. Lot of users would have already quit at some point. So the core issue appears when you select "all".

Currently I don't know why this happen but must be specific to your Emby server (library) configuration. At the moment I cannot tell you why. For a bug review I need a kodi.log after you triggered the "all" issue.

Maybe you can retry it in on a PC (easier to debug for you) and forward me the log. I really wanna know what's going wrong so I can fix it.

hukt_own_fonikz
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for reporting and your persistence. Lot of users would have already quit at some point. So the core issue appears when you select "all".

Currently I don't know why this happen but must be specific to your Emby server (library) configuration. At the moment I cannot tell you why. For a bug review I need a kodi.log after you triggered the "all" issue.

Maybe you can retry it in on a PC (easier to debug for you) and forward me the log. I really wanna know what's going wrong so I can fix it.

Well, the bug here is me, I'm astronomically stupid. In trying to repeat steps, I have now realized that I never actually selected "All" I was just hitting okay because it looked to me like "All" was highlighted already. And then my files were completely visible in the Add-On so I just assumed that they were importing but something else was broken. Shoot me in the face!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:55 AM, kron0s said:

FYI this is still broken for me under 6.xx even with a clean reinstalled running on kodi 18.9, embuary skin on the nvidia shield. Anyone else have his problem?

Can you perform a test with 7.x (which requires Kodi 19)? Also I currently rewriting the artwork loading code for next 7.X version (not released yet).

On 9/12/2022 at 3:55 AM, kron0s said:

Also try disable skin reload on startup.