Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

roaku
7 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Cool, that was quick. Thank you very much in advance. 👍

I pushed version 2.2.1 Beta to the catalog, which fixes the ALL/ANY filename bug in my local testing. Please let me know how it works for you.

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
16 hours ago, roaku said:

I pushed version 2.2.1 Beta to the catalog, which fixes the ALL/ANY filename bug in my local testing. Please let me know how it works for you.

Works fine for me, thank you very much! 👍

• Like 1

roaku

@Luke

Looks like there was an unannounced surprise for me in the .26 Beta:

2023-03-24 17:52:08.492 Info App: Iconic does not currently support this platform: libvips
2023-03-24 17:52:08.493 Info App: Listify does not currently support this platform for image enhancement: libvips

Is NetVips the path forward for me to add support to my plugins for this image library? Also, please tell me there's a path forward for me to add support to my plugins for this image library.

1 minute ago, roaku said:

@Luke

Looks like there was an unannounced surprise for me in the .26 Beta:

Is NetVips the path forward for me to add support to my plugins for this image library? Also, please tell me there's a path forward for me to add support to my plugins for this image library.

Skis isn’t going anywhere so you’re good with that. Whether you should add a vips processor I don’t know yet. We’re mainly using it to support more formats and also to eventually drop image magical, which you could just drop too since most can run skia

roaku
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Skis isn’t going anywhere so you’re good with that. Whether you should add a vips processor I don’t know yet. We’re mainly using it to support more formats and also to eventually drop image magical, which you could just drop too since most can run skia

Ok, I'm a little confused.

I detect the image library provided by the hosting Emby server with: MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.IImageProcessor.ImageEncoder.Name, then use my SkiaSharp or ImageMagickSharp implementations based on that string value.

I've always assumed that a given Emby build only had one native image library packed with it. And I don't provide my own.

Are you saying that my arm build of Emby has both Skia *and* libvips?

If so, how should I change my image library detection strategy to determine that Skia is in fact available since ImageEncoder.Name is now returning a different image library name?

Edited by roaku

1 hour ago, roaku said:

Ok, I'm a little confused.

I detect the image library provided by the hosting Emby server with: MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.IImageProcessor.ImageEncoder.Name, then use my SkiaSharp or ImageMagickSharp implementations based on that string value.

I've always assumed that a given Emby build only had one native image library packed with it. And I don't provide my own.

Are you saying that my arm build of Emby has both Skia *and* libvips?

If so, how should I change my image library detection strategy to determine that Skia is in fact available since ImageEncoder.Name is now returning a different image library name?

Yes it will have both. I don’t think you need to change anything. Cover art didn’t need any changes.

roaku
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes it will have both. I don’t think you need to change anything. Cover art didn’t need any changes.

I only became aware of the change because my plugins stopped working. :) Also, rumor has it CoverArt may have been similarly afflicted.

As a test, I've modified my image library detection to assume Skia is available when 'libvips' is returned by ImageEncoder.Name, and this has restored my plugins' functionalities.

That's a trivial fix, *if* we can reliably say that Skia is available when 'libvips' is what's detected. Can we reliably say that?

The next logical question would be for ImageMagick. In the past, I've had to maintain a separate implementation for platforms like FreeBSD because they didn't have Skia. I've followed up with you occasionally to see if this was still the case. So...is this still the case? Or can I remove my ImageMagick implementation at this point?

This quote from you earlier makes it sound like maybe I can?

also to eventually drop image magical, which you could just drop too since most can run skia

If we're at that point, then I could also remove my image library detection altogether, because Skia is now always available. That would be nice.

Edited by roaku

48 minutes ago, roaku said:

I only became aware of the change because my plugins stopped working. :) Also, rumor has it CoverArt may have been similarly afflicted.

As a test, I've modified my image library detection to assume Skia is available when 'libvips' is returned by ImageEncoder.Name, and this has restored my plugins' functionalities.

That's a trivial fix, *if* we can reliably say that Skia is available when 'libvips' is what's detected. Can we reliably say that?

The next logical question would be for ImageMagick. In the past, I've had to maintain a separate implementation for platforms like FreeBSD because they didn't have Skia. I've followed up with you occasionally to see if this was still the case. So...is this still the case? Or can I remove my ImageMagick implementation at this point?

This quote from you earlier makes it sound like maybe I can?

If we're at that point, then I could also remove my image library detection altogether, because Skia is now always available. That would be nice.

OK yes you're right,there are changes that are going to be needed. The ImageEncoder property will have to become plural.

• Agree 1

roaku
On 3/24/2023 at 9:04 PM, Luke said:

OK yes you're right,there are changes that are going to be needed. The ImageEncoder property will have to become plural.

You might have discovered this by now, but there's a deeper issue that the Emby image cache sheltered me from seeing.

When SkiaSharp is actually used (tested on Ubuntu x64 and ARM), it crashes hard with the same error @chef is seeing in his plugin:

I've tried updating to the latest SkiaSharp (2.88.3) and I see libSkiaSharp in /opt/emby-server/lib/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       17 Aug 21  2017 libSkiaSharp.so -> libSkiaSharp.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       20 Aug 21  2017 libSkiaSharp.so.2 -> libSkiaSharp.so.88.3
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2426936 Aug 21  2017 libSkiaSharp.so.88.3

GrimReaper

Would it be possible to add padding setting, i.e. how far from the top (or bottom) edge first badge would render? Reason being that currently it's misaligned compared to my CoverArt and I can hardly look at items and not think about it every single time. Yes, OCD at its finest. 🙄

MagicDoubleM

Looks like beta .27 and .28 don't love this plugin anymore. Icons don't show up and settings are also basically dead.

roaku
18 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Looks like beta .27 and .28 don't love this plugin anymore. Icons don't show up and settings are also basically dead.

Yes, scroll up to read more about the issue with Emby core.

• Like 1

roaku

I pushed Beta 2.2.1.1 to the catalog for compatibility with the latest betas.

Beta Emby users, please let me know if you experience any issues.

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
On 4/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, roaku said:

I pushed Beta 2.2.1.1 to the catalog for compatibility with the latest betas.

Beta Emby users, please let me know if you experience any issues.

Works fine for me. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

roaku
On 3/29/2023 at 9:47 PM, GrimReaper said:

Would it be possible to add padding setting, i.e. how far from the top (or bottom) edge first badge would render? Reason being that currently it's misaligned compared to my CoverArt and I can hardly look at items and not think about it every single time. Yes, OCD at its finest. 🙄

Sorry, I missed this post.

I'll add this to the list to take a closer look at. I'll do it if I can add something simple like an offset option.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
snacks03

I'm having an issue getting this to work with multiple icons, I have premier but I am still limited to one icon per movie. I'm on the latest release version 4.7.11.0, plug-in on version 2.2.0.10

image.png.425dad55c7173040e6dcb7c2f8f156f5.png

Any help please?

Edited by snacks03

roaku
23 minutes ago, snacks03 said:

disregard the last post, the plug-in is working with multiple icons now. No idea what fixed it

Sorry, I missed your initial post somehow.

New plugin registrations can sometimes take a few hours/day before they're fully settled on Emby's side, so that's probably what was going on.

Thanks for registering.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Denino

If any other beta users are having issues with this plugin:

When you first install the plugin from the catalog, you will need to restart Emby. After having done that, you may notice that the plugin actually updated itself again, so you have to restart Emby again. After that, it seems to work fine.

• 4 weeks later...
luundblad

@roakuHi man! I have been using this plugin since the the first days after it released! it is great!
But i had to make a full reinstall of emby few days ago and the backup did not save my plugins and settings for this one 😕
I had a "rule" that added a .png picture on every 720/1080p/4K movie like the pic added below. But i have no idea how to add it back now.
Can you please help me?

*(bad english)

image.png.f59ed6c586933e76c5be841c207282eb.png

Edited by luundblad

luundblad
18 minutes ago, luundblad said:

@roakuHi man! I have been using this plugin since the the first days after it released! it is great!
But i had to make a full reinstall of emby few days ago and the backup did not save my plugins and settings for this one 😕
I had a "rule" that added a .png picture on every 720/1080p/4K movie like the pic added below. But i have no idea how to add it back now.
Can you please help me?

*(bad english)

image.png.f59ed6c586933e76c5be841c207282eb.png

ops, or maybe i used coverart for that? i dont remember haha

Edited by luundblad

roaku
55 minutes ago, luundblad said:

ops, or maybe i used coverart for that? i dont remember haha

Right, coverart does custom images. 👍

Edited by roaku

monkeyslapper

Hi there. I am really starting to struggle with the use of the mediastream rules and how they would work. i am try to icon my episodes with indicator if it has audio dub or close caption / subtitles. 

it has video info / audio codec info (English) / Audio Codec info Japanese  / CC info english / cc info japanes . each category will have title and language. when i click on mediastream rule episode. I will name it English dub for the rule / mediastream as the type / Displaytitle as the property key / English would be key value. IT would show my icon properly.

when i a different movie  with japans only audio and english subtitles it will show the same icon as if there was english audio.  the reason i am seeing this. mediastream rule does not distinguis from the different codec info uses. it only knows to look for Display titles in video / audio / subtitles. but it does not care what category this information grabs from, as longs as it matches. 

Hope this make sense and maybe you can shed some light on how to do this?

monkeyslapper

roaku
8 hours ago, monkeyslapper said:

Hi there. I am really starting to struggle with the use of the mediastream rules and how they would work. i am try to icon my episodes with indicator if it has audio dub or close caption / subtitles. 

it has video info / audio codec info (English) / Audio Codec info Japanese  / CC info english / cc info japanes . each category will have title and language. when i click on mediastream rule episode. I will name it English dub for the rule / mediastream as the type / Displaytitle as the property key / English would be key value. IT would show my icon properly.

when i a different movie  with japans only audio and english subtitles it will show the same icon as if there was english audio.  the reason i am seeing this. mediastream rule does not distinguis from the different codec info uses. it only knows to look for Display titles in video / audio / subtitles. but it does not care what category this information grabs from, as longs as it matches. 

Hope this make sense and maybe you can shed some light on how to do this?

monkeyslapper

Use the add property button in the rule to add a second property of Type with value 'Subtitle', or whatever the track type is in the media info section of the item view in the Emby UI: