Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

On 10/1/2023 at 3:03 PM, David Patt said:

Quick question is there a way put an icon on tv when there are episodes missing ?

Not currently. If Emby core provides a quick way to identify shows with missing episodes, it can be added. I'll have to look deeper to see if it does.

1 hour ago, MindBullet said:

Hey there guys,

I'm more than willing to buy the full version for this, I really like the plugin and I see various use cases for me and my server.

However, I'd have wanted to know if it works with emby beta .55? So far I cannot seem to get icons to my posters 😢 I currently only have the free version, but no matter what I do the MediaStream rule doesn't get applied. Tried refreshing/looking for new metadata and replacing its images for one movie, but the icon doesn't appear.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi, I'm not seeing any issues in .55, so I would guess that something isn't quite right with your configuration.

Sharing some screenshots of your Iconic config screen would help me track it down.

MindBullet
25 minutes ago, roaku said:

Hi, I'm not seeing any issues in .55, so I would guess that something isn't quite right with your configuration.

Sharing some screenshots of your Iconic config screen would help me track it down.

I see okay! That's good to know at least!

Sure thing, there you go!

image.png.6a5797584ff7b70c0f7f2044f09b5237.png

image.png.f89eab793631a37d617062c2a6c83c1e.png

Thanks a lot for having a look into this!

Just one quick question: Which sort of metadata refresh does this plugin need to get triggered? Is a "Search for missing metadata" + "Replace all images" enough?

EDIT: Suddenly it cannot see its icons either. Using Emby + Docker on Arch Linux if that helps

image.png.5fb6d71faaf661601716d092a1ad3473.png

Edited by MindBullet

5 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

I see okay! That's good to know at least!

Sure thing, there you go!

image.png.6a5797584ff7b70c0f7f2044f09b5237.png

image.png.f89eab793631a37d617062c2a6c83c1e.png

Thanks a lot for having a look into this!

Just one quick question: Which sort of metadata refresh does this plugin need to get triggered? Is a "Search for missing images" + "Replace all images" enough?

Ok, Emby stores its resolution metadata formatted like: '1920x800' or '1920x1080', so you have to get a little creative if you want to target by the resolution property.

Iconic will check that the value you put for the resolution property is contained within Emby's value for resolution.

So, if you put '1920' in the property, Iconic should match a full HD item with a resolution '1920x1080' or a cropped widescreen HD item with a resolution like '1920x800'.

I would also add a second property of 'Type' and set its value to 'Video'. This will prevent your rule from matching on something like an image embedded in the item that happens to have a matching resolution.

After 4.8 is out, I plan to revamp this plugin to make things cleaner and easier, but this is how it works at the moment.

Hope that helps.

For your other question, you don't need to do anything beyond configuring in the Iconic screen. The plugin works in real time as a given image is requested by the Emby interface(s). It doesn't hook into any Emby tasks or metadata/image refreshes.

• Like 1

MindBullet
1 minute ago, roaku said:

The plugin works in real time

Wow that's awesome! And good to know too!

Thank you for the detailed answer. It totally makes sense! About to buy it, good stuff sir!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

Your suggestion works perfectly, awesome! Shut up and take my money! 😁

Glad to hear it. And thank you!

Registrations of Emby plugins can take up to 24 hours to fully process, so if your plugin doesn't recognize your registration right away, please give it some time.

• Like 1

MindBullet

Awesome and no prob! Will wait it out ☺️

Just for my understanding: If I'm on the free version it doesn't safe the icon you chose? Or doesn't apply it? Because every time I get back to the plugin configuration view the default item is chosen

10 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

Awesome and no prob! Will wait it out ☺️

Just for my understanding: If I'm on the free version it doesn't safe the icon you chose? Or doesn't apply it? Because every time I get back to the plugin configuration view the default item is chosen

The icon preview at the top is just for deciding how the badges should look.

To set the icon for a rule, click the icon on the left side of the row for that rule.

Here are some more details on how to use:

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

MindBullet
59 minutes ago, roaku said:

To set the icon for a rule, click the icon on the left side of the row for that rule.

Gotya! Working perfectly, really, really cool! Thank you so much for the time and effort you've put into this! Finally another good enhancement! Lovin' it

MindBullet

EDIT: Ah okay, I was too quick with my assumption. Not registered yet ☺️

And also, how can you add multiple values? Can I go like '1920 | 1800 | 1914' for the value in the Resolution rule?

Edited by MindBullet

20 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

@roakuit worked almost instantly with the purchase, perfect!

Just one last question: The 'VideoRange' rule. I'm trying to apply it to 'HDR' or 'HDR 10' and set those for the VideoRange value, but it doesn't get applied. Are those values wrong?

And also, how can you add multiple values? Can I go like '1920 | 1800 | 1914' for the value in the Resolution rule?

I don't have any HDR content myself, but I believe it should work if you match the screenshot here:

Generally speaking, you can check the 'Media Info' section of an item in an Emby UI to see what the value should be in the Iconic config field.

MindBullet

@roakuYeah sorry, I'm sure it'll work, but I was too quick with thinking I unlocked the premium feature.

If I've shifted to premium, does the message on the top go away? (Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie.)

And another question (Sorry for bombing you 🙏 )  Can you give an example for a Tag Rule value for Shows? What's referred to as tag?

Edited by MindBullet

5 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

@roakuYeah sorry, I'm sure it'll work, but I was too quick with thinking I unlocked the premium feature.

If I've shifted to premium, does the message on the top go away? (Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie.)

Yes, this is where the be patient part comes in.

As long as your Emby premiere email address and Iconic registration email address are the same, it will automatically start working within 24 hours

• Like 1

MindBullet
21 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

Can you give an example for a Tag Rule value for Shows? What's referred to as tag?

As I don't see anything like 'Tag' in a TV show or episode info for example

16 minutes ago, MindBullet said:

As I don't see anything like 'Tag' in a TV show or episode info for example

Tags are an Emby core feature added to items through the metadata manager:

https://emby.media/support/articles/Metadata-manager.html

An iconic tag rule will check an item for the tag text you specify in the rule.

• Like 1

MindBullet

Hey again,

I don't mean to spam the thread, but is it important which email address I'm using with Paypal? Because my primary Paypal email address is different from my registered Emby email address

Because it is telling me that I'm registered for the plugin for quite a while, but the plugin itself still says I'm on the free version

image.png.76a4dd5a39d793cd162d625a569dd367.png

Edited by MindBullet

2 hours ago, MindBullet said:

Hey again,

I don't mean to spam the thread, but is it important which email address I'm using with Paypal? Because my primary Paypal email address is different from my registered Emby email address

Because it is telling me that I'm registered for the plugin for quite a while, but the plugin itself still says I'm on the free version

image.png.76a4dd5a39d793cd162d625a569dd367.png

Yes it is important that they're the same:

If they're different you can send a PM addressed to me and @ebr that includes both email addresses, and we can correct your registration.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Ribesg said:

It would also be nice to be able to order rules, to order icons. And obviously negative rules

Is that planned? Sorting the icons would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the plugin breaks with emby Version 4.8.0.60 beta. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling

configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Unsupported OpenType signature Coul
    at bn (configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:166050)
    at configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:168902
    at r.onload (configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:165026)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff'.

File name: '/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff'

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff

Edited by navy12

17 minutes ago, navy12 said:

Looks like the plugin breaks with emby Version 4.8.0.60 beta. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling

configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Unsupported OpenType signature Coul
    at bn (configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:166050)
    at configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:168902
    at r.onload (configurationpage?name=opentype.min.js&v=4.8.0.60:1:165026)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff'.

File name: '/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff'

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
/modules/fonts/material-icons/mi_2023_07.woff

Thanks. I should be able to address sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, navy12 said:

Thank you!

I'm not actually able to recreate this error in .61 and I can see that the 'missing' font file exists in the emby package.

What OS are you running Emby on and what browser are you using for the Emby web client?

Nevermind, I tracked this down and should have a fix up soon.

Edited by roaku

All, I've just pushed up beta version 2.2.2.2 to the catalog for compatibility with Emby 4.8.0.61. Let me know if there are any issues.

@navy12

• Like 1