Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

On 8/7/2023 at 7:02 AM, gkiss1977 said:

Is there a plan to make this plugin work with audio/music files also? Would be great to add overlay icons to CD covers.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, roaku said:

Feel free to share what rules you'd be interested in for music.

I expect many Emby music fans would be able to make good use of this. Perhaps being able to see what physical albums and type you have would be a useful addition?  E.g. overlay icons for CD, LP, etc. At the moment I am using tags to designate this for my relevant music albums. Therefore it is possible to see all CDs as a group by selecting the CD tag, but it would nice to see the CD overlay icons when viewing all music library albums together and/or on the Album Artist pages.

Another music suggestion is to show the Release Type - e.g. Studio, Live, Compilation, Soundtrack, etc.

More info about Release Type can be found here: 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tormentor667

Regarding this thread, let me know what I can do to give you more information about the issue to find a fix :) I am eager to help.

roaku
31 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

Regarding this thread, let me know what I can do to give you more information about the issue to find a fix :) I am eager to help.

I'm curious what the console log in your browser says about which font it's trying to load and how it's erroring. Thanks.

iconic-font.thumb.jpg.09bd25795323c6b1290b58854b602cf1.jpg

Tormentor667

Alright... superstrange, I just restarted Emby Server another time, and see: It works. Sorry for the trouble and stealing your time :)

One more question: I'd like to register the plugin, where and how can I do that?

roaku
4 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

Alright... superstrange, I just restarted Emby Server another time, and see: It works. Sorry for the trouble and stealing your time :)

One more question: I'd like to register the plugin, where and how can I do that?

Glad to hear it's working for you.

Emby core updated the font file Iconic uses a couple of betas ago which results in similar errors to your initial screenshot, so I guess something from your browser caching to your server wasn't fully updated yet.

To register, you go to your server under Advanced -> Plugins -> Catalog tab and look for the Iconic entry under the 'General' category. If you scroll down, you should see a big 'Register with PayPal' button.

Registration of plugins does require an active Emby Premiere registration and you should use the same email address for registering Iconic that you used for Premiere. And it can take up to a day for a new registration to fully process. It should start working automatically once all systems involved recognize the registration.

Thanks again for using the plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
p4nda

hai roaku

would be some kind of Dolby Vision logo possible?

would love to tag my 4K movies differnt with HDR and DV icon

trashken
On 1/16/2024 at 1:09 PM, p4nda said:

hai roaku

would be some kind of Dolby Vision logo possible?

would love to tag my 4K movies differnt with HDR and DV icon

image.png.155779f7353d3da77742c4741b5989cc.png

Here is what I use for reference.

• Thanks 1

trashken

Apologies if the questions below have been asked before but :-

1. Is there a way to copy the rules from one library to another library? 
  2. Is there a way to reorder the rules?

roaku
7 hours ago, trashken said:

Apologies if the questions below have been asked before but :-

1. Is there a way to copy the rules from one library to another library? 
  2. Is there a way to reorder the rules?

No, but I'm going to rework the plugin some time after Emby 4.8 is released.

A lot of the plugin's features, including multi library support, were added after the initial interface was already in place, so a few things needs to be updated to better incorporate them.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

Killface69
20 hours ago, trashken said:

image.png.155779f7353d3da77742c4741b5989cc.png

Here is what I use for reference.

This also works in Emby 4.8.

image.png.3b22d32bdd75a00a22426b3a8d4f59ed.png

trashken

Ok. Still on 4.7. Looking forward to 4.8

59 minutes ago, Killface69 said:

This also works in Emby 4.8.

image.png.3b22d32bdd75a00a22426b3a8d4f59ed.png

• 2 weeks later...
roaku

I pushed up 2.3.0.0 to the catalog, which finalizes support for 4.8 stable and adds an SDH subtitle rule to capitalize on this new 4.8 feature.

I would update the first post and documentation post, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore. 🤷‍♂️

@FrostByte

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

roaku
2 hours ago, trashken said:

Still seeing 2.2.0.10 in Catalog. Do we need to uninstall first?

It's 4.8+ only. What version of Emby are you running?

trashken
48 minutes ago, roaku said:

It's 4.8+ only. What version of Emby are you running?

Nevermind. I restarted the server and I see the new update. Thanks!

• Like 1

roaku

Just pushed version 2.4.0.0 to the catalog.

This release:

I would update the first post and documentation post, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by roaku

Boodikii

The new update installs, I restart my server and then it vanishes completely from my plugins list.

Tried reinstalling a few times with the same results. Installed the 2.2.2.2 version and it's working perfectly fine, but it autoinstalls the latest version, which will vanish when my server resets..

I'm running the Beta 4.8.0.78

E:This was for version 2.3.0.0 but I just realized your last comment said you just pushed 2.4.0.0, which was not even 2 hours ago, so maybe the issue will be resolved when it comes through? my b.

Edited by Boodikii
clarification

roaku
30 minutes ago, Boodikii said:

The new update installs, I restart my server and then it vanishes completely from my plugins list.

Tried reinstalling a few times with the same results. Installed the 2.2.2.2 version and it's working perfectly fine, but it autoinstalls the latest version, which will vanish when my server resets..

I'm running the Beta 4.8.0.78

E:This was for version 2.3.0.0 but I just realized your last comment said you just pushed 2.4.0.0, which was not even 2 hours ago, so maybe the issue will be resolved when it comes through? my b.

2.3 and 2.4 are only compatible with the stable 4.8 release, which is 4.8.0.80

I've made the minimum build more specific on the catalog, so that should stop Emby from trying to install them on your beta 4.8.

• Like 1

Boodikii
On 2/3/2024 at 8:12 PM, roaku said:

2.3 and 2.4 are only compatible with the stable 4.8 release, which is 4.8.0.80

I've made the minimum build more specific on the catalog, so that should stop Emby from trying to install them on your beta 4.8.

Thanks a million boss!

Ribesg

Could you fix folder filters not working? It's been broken for a very long time

Edited by Ribesg

roaku
3 hours ago, Ribesg said:

Could you fix folder filters not working? It's been broken for a very long time

It's working for me and others and I've never been able to recreate your issue. That's what makes it tough to address.

I refactored the rules code last week, though, so every rule is now isolated and will be easier to test or even swap out with alternative approaches. Part of the reason was to get to the bottom of the issue you're having and resolve it.

So hopefully, it will be working for you soon.

Ribesg

If you can't recreate my issue then you might be missing a difference in my setup but I don't see what.

For example, I have a TV Shows type library with 3 folders : something/series, something/4k-series and something/hdr-4k-series

When creating a rule for Shows, you can only use tags or status. Tags are useless because they're not inherited, so I use status and just add 2 rules for both Continuing and for Ended with my folder filter (a rule just for folder filter would be nice). It's quite simple :

image.png.91dfe7fc91eb6a683c2974498cc45c6b.png

I could better understand if it didn't work by not showing the icons, which could mean that something does not exactly match, like maybe I would need to put the exact folder names or maybe it would be a problem with my library being called "Séries" and the rule stating it applies to "Series", but that's not the issue, the icons do appear

They just appear on absolutely all series, no exception. Which makes me think it's just the folder filter that gets ignored. I can put anything instead of "4k" in the filter, it just always displays the icon on all series. I have the same issue for Movies, but at least I can create dozens of MediaStream rules based on Resolution, it's complicated but works. Shows don't have resolution.

I don't know if missed any of that info, but the 4.8 update broke my library so I had to reconfigure Iconic and "rediscover" the issue from scratch.

Edited by Ribesg
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
ginjaninja

Hi @roaku@Luke, are you aware of an issue between iconic 2.4.0.0 and Emby Server 4.8.1.0,

I am experiencing what I naively describe as "Slow Database" when Iconic is enabled on a fresh portable installation of 4.8.1.0 with a simple movies and music library and iconic (1 tag rule) build.

Spoiler

(My libraries are local to server but on UNC but i have tested with M:\Movies A; Music paths so I don't think that's relevant). edit but i know i think about it the UNC libraries were still present alongside the drive letter libraries)

The symptom is best exposed by a large music playlist (but i think many functions are impacted to an extent). Naively i suspect that the larger the database, the larger the issue. The slower the CPU/disk the larger the issue.

Media objects like playlists and albums are slower to open and navigate...playing a song on playlist takes 20+ seconds to start. forward song thereafter is immediate....back song is immediate...but click on song is 20+ seconds. Open an album and you see the album content building on screen (the more like this appears 1st / immediately but the tracks take a second or two to appear)...repeatable as you navigate away and back in to album (most of the time).

I have confirmed on portable fresh build of 4.8.1.0 + Movie Library + Music Library (Keep a cached copy of images in the server's metadata folder, UNC library paths) + 500 track playlist of first 50 albums in library + Iconic with 1 tag rule, on Win 11 (NVME GEN5, 7800X3D,64GB). The issue goes away when i remove Iconic and restart. The issue comes back when i add Iconic.

Spoiler

Red Herring?

I believe i keep seeing the same object id/found messages repeated from time to time in logs

Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetitemById

Debug App: Found extra ThemeSong

Debug App: Found extra AdditionalPart

Debug App: Found extra Clip

Debug App: Found extra Trailer

Debug App: Found extra Interview

Edited by ginjaninja

roaku
4 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

Hi @roaku@Luke, are you aware of an issue between iconic 2.4.0.0 and Emby Server 4.8.1.0,

I am experiencing what I naively describe as "Slow Database" when Iconic is enabled on a fresh portable installation of 4.8.1.0 with a simple movies and music library and iconic (1 tag rule) build.

Hide contents

(My libraries are local to server but on UNC but i have tested with M:\Movies A; Music paths so I don't think that's relevant). edit but i know i think about it the UNC libraries were still present alongside the drive letter libraries)

The symptom is best exposed by a large music playlist (but i think many functions are impacted to an extent). Naively i suspect that the larger the database, the larger the issue. The slower the CPU/disk the larger the issue.

Media objects like playlists and albums are slower to open and navigate...playing a song on playlist takes 20+ seconds to start. forward song thereafter is immediate....back song is immediate...but click on song is 20+ seconds. Open an album and you see the album content building on screen (the more like this appears 1st / immediately but the tracks take a second or two to appear)...repeatable as you navigate away and back in to album (most of the time).

I have confirmed on portable fresh build of 4.8.1.0 + Movie Library + Music Library (Keep a cached copy of images in the server's metadata folder, UNC library paths) + 500 track playlist of first 50 albums in library + Iconic with 1 tag rule, on Win 11 (NVME GEN5, 7800X3D,64GB). The issue goes away when i remove Iconic and restart. The issue comes back when i add Iconic.

Hide contents

Red Herring?

I believe i keep seeing the same object id/found messages repeated from time to time in logs

Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetitemById

Debug App: Found extra ThemeSong

Debug App: Found extra AdditionalPart

Debug App: Found extra Clip

Debug App: Found extra Trailer

Debug App: Found extra Interview

It looks like you might have debug logging enabled That would slow things down regardless of plugins. And the log snippet about extras isn't coming from Iconic.

That being said, Iconic *shouldn't* be trying to process images (or doing anything at all) for any music libraries.

I'm curious what other plugins you have installed.

I'm curious what your Iconic configuration looks like (what libraries are active in particular).

I'm also curious what happens if you disable active libraries in your Iconic configuration, rather than removing the plugin.

I'd also like to see a log from when things are slow.

Edited by roaku