Server unresponsive

twitchstick

I've been having problems with the initial start up scan sometimes its really like like the attached log which was 12 minutes and other times its REALLY long like an hour or so.  It seems to hit a wall at 10% and around 60% where it hangs the longest. For the most part that hasn't bothered me to much because the only time its restarted is when its scheduled to do so at 3 am when no ones using it. until now the only time I've ever had to deal with it was on the odd occasion when it shut down to restart and and never actually started back up again. Now this weekend something new has started where the server randomly becomes unresponsive when that happens the web browser simply says loading but nothing happens MBT crashes and none of the apps (android, 8.1, and iOS) will connect. when this happens my only option is to restart and hope it doesn't happen again. now I've had to restart 8 times in the past 2 days with the longest start up scan being 30 minutes and the shortest being 9. Can I be pointed in the right direction of either improving start up or fixing the unresponsiveness or both.

server-63543363961.txt

Well maybe I spoke too soon. Woke up this morning and found the server to be unresponsive again (~12 hours of running). It had been running very fast and gave me no problems watching or running processes all night, so I don't have any insight as to what caused it. I have the logs, but the uploader tells me the file is too big to attach (it's a .zip under 1MB).

Please try again on the dev build going up - 3.0.5336.42288

twitchstick

Im running the latest Beta 5337 and my server crashed maybe 1 hour later. This is fustrating to say the least. As of right now it's making media browser usless. I hope a fix is found soon. 

I can't a few logs, I'm getting file was too big errors. 

server-63543467344.txt

ESO223

Please try again on the dev build going up - 3.0.5336.42288

I updated and unfortunately the same thing still keeps happening. I've probably restarted the server 3 times since it updated. Everything else seems to be running fine.

jasonmcroy

Hi guys.

I am having the same issue tonight. It started with XBMC and the plugin so I posted over in that thread, but I checked using my windows 8 app and MBT and nothing will connect to the server. I just get unable to connect errors. 

Here is my last log file:

https://paste.ee/p/eZ8xn

Thanks.

-Jason

Necker

Since updating to the latest Beta (5336) I can no longer access the server from any clients other than the clients that are on the same PC as the server. When using the web browser on the ipad or phone i just get server stopped responding and also the apps on the ipad/phone just don't load any content. On the server PC everything is working fine. This literally happen as soon as i updated the Server, the minute before i updated it worked fine and then as soon as the server restarted after the update it was no longer responding on the ipad.

Any thoughts on what might of caused this?

jasonmcroy

Ok, edit to my last post above. I tried to go into the server via my browser and it would not connect even though the program is running in my tray.

So, I restarted my computer again and now I can access it via the browser, the Windows 8 app is working fine and MBT is working fine. However, XBMC plugin is "working" but having quite a lag in accessing my videos. Once they finally come up they play just fine. 

So, I am going back to my post over on that thread to update it there.

-Jason

ESO223

Any thoughts on if this is solely a server issue? Could it be caused by a plugin at all? I'm sort of at a loss, but I'm willing to do a full server uninstall/reinstall if there's a chance it may resolve things. Has anyone tried this at all? It gets very frustrating having to restart all the time, making MB almost unusable.

mediacowboy

I was thinking it was caused by iOS but I've been playing fine for the past 2 hours.

I'm currently using the following plugins:
Auto box sets
Mb bookself
Mb intros
Move theme songs
Movie theme videos
Podcasts
Pushover notifications
Server restart
Serverwmc
TV theme songs
Th theme videos
Trailers
trakt

On another note it just froze let me get home and I will get you some logs

Edit: @@Luke here are my log files:

http://paste2.org/B7wpBWz4 - After Reboot

http://paste2.org/dmN8eL87 - Part 1

http://paste2.org/7mKsYx9p - Part 2 Before Reboot

Edited by mediacowboy

I'm working hard on this but please let's get a couple requirements clear when posting about it:

- Please describe what happened to you instead of "i got the same thing". It might seem like the same thing to you but any new piece of information can be helpful

- In that vein describe everything about what you did as if nobody had previously reported it before. And please post logs.

I will likely put up more dev builds to try and resolve it, although if you don't normally run dev then just stay where you are.

ESO223

I appreciate your work, Luke. I'll have to try an outside service to post logs as I get a file attachment size too high error when attaching to my posts as my limit has already been used in this thread.

When the server locks up it doesn't matter if I'm watching anything or not; or if I have watched or done anything since I rebooted it last. It will usually lock up after an unkown amount of time for me, sometimes 15 mintues, sometimes 12+ hours, but almost certainly more than once per day.  I keep the dashboard open in a tab in my browser that is always up. When it locks up I get the spinning wheel graphic as I click to move to another part of the dashboard and then I get an error that it timed out. There are only a few connections to the server on a regular basis - MB Classic, the web client from Chrome/Firefox, and sometimes from iOS (but usually rarely). I'll add my logs to an outside service and post them after next crash.

I appreciate your work, Luke. I'll have to try an outside service to post logs as I get a file attachment size too high error when attaching to my posts as my limit has already been used in this thread.

When the server locks up it doesn't matter if I'm watching anything or not; or if I have watched or done anything since I rebooted it last. It will usually lock up after an unkown amount of time for me, sometimes 15 mintues, sometimes 12+ hours, but almost certainly more than once per day.  I keep the dashboard open in a tab in my browser that is always up. When it locks up I get the spinning wheel graphic as I click to move to another part of the dashboard and then I get an error that it timed out. There are only a few connections to the server on a regular basis - MB Classic, the web client from Chrome/Firefox, and sometimes from iOS (but usually rarely). I'll add my logs to an outside service and post them after next crash.

when it happens it will be useful to know if you can access the web client from localhost on the same machine.

ESO223

http://paste2.org/JYDfDKHn

Server just locked up again. This time I was watching a show remotely via the webclient and it locked up. Unable to access web client from localhost, it just keeps trying to connect and eventually times out. The dashboard puts up an error that says "Error Loading Page" when trying to do anything or switch between tabs from the menu. Attached is a link to the most recent log file. Hopefully this helps. Let me know if there's any more questions.

Full Log:

http://paste2.org/Zk5ed552

Edited by ESO223

ok, new dev build going up. i have a series of changes i want to make, but i want to see what's going on so they'll come one at a time. so i'm not necessarily expecting a resolution with this build but rather more information gathering.

mediacowboy

I've upgraded to 3.0.5383.1093 as well and will provide logs when it happens again.

MediaCowboy and the original posting share the same symptoms I am having.  Version 3.0.5336.34125 is currently loaded on Win 7 server.  Roku, Android/iOS, and local browser access all dead, Log here: http://paste2.org/ZUEpJeeN

By "dead" I mean unresponsive, the browser (FF) on the local machine is unable to connect, eventually times-out, nothing is ever displayed.  External clients cannot access the server period.

Edited by DKirk

mediacowboy

@@Luke how would I go about getting you clients logs? Also my server is currently now responding but not at home to get you logs. Will post those as soon.

Well server was working all all day then crapped out half an hour ago. Had someone at the house restart it and the library scans been at 10% for 10 minutes. I'll post log when I get back home

Update scan got to 29% and the server crashed again. on the server config page on the browser its still scanning and the % is still going up but on my other tab where I'm actually trying to browse the media its stuck on the last page I viewed and just has the swirling circle in the middle like its loadind a new page but never does. if I try to open in new tab it just says "loading..." 

Edited by lanos

ESO223

http://paste2.org/ZA4sPfCF

Happened again today. I was on Version 3.0.5338.24793 and it was responsive for most of the time. I wasn't watching anything, nor were any clients at the time it became unresponsive. For me "locked up/unresponsive" means when I open the webclient dashboard on localhost and I am unable to move to another menu - i.e. from the server menu to the client tab. - and a round thinking graphic appears in the middle and cycles until the request times out and and I get an error. Only a restart will fix it at this point.

mediacowboy

It just locked up for on me. I wasn't doing anything in the server but I was moving some files around. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

http://paste2.org/Dh8L60w2

Edited by mediacowboy

It just locked up for on me. I wasn't doing anything in the server but I was moving some files around. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

http://paste2.org/Dh8L60w2

I think what might be happening in this thread is lumping together issues that you think might be related. your log here shows http requests being serviced right up until the time you shutdown the server. whatever you think your issue is, is quite possibly not the same as what's being reported here. you need to define what locked up means. e.g. i tried to X, I expected Y to happen but instead i saw Z.

mediacowboy

What I mean by locked up is that I can't access the server at all. I have tried from roku, iPhone, Web client (external, ineternal, and localhost). I was trying to connect to my server so I could look at some movies and TV shows that I was going to movie to a different folder, but it didnt even load the web interface. So I remoted in and tried to load the Internal IP interface couldn't connect. I then tried localhost and got nothing. I am using Chrome to connect to the server.

Edited by mediacowboy