Server unresponsive

twitchstick

ESO223

I'm currently on Version 3.0.5344.21540.

Last night I started to get all sorts of Out of Memory exceptions/errors popping up when one of the clients was watching something. So I gave up and uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, wondering if maybe it was a plug in causing it or otherwise causing this issue. Nothing changed at all. However, now I get 'System.OutOfMemoryException' errors in Notifications as well as 'Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'SQLiteConnection' I also had the attached error pop up twice. I have no idea what's happening now, but it seems that I have to restart the server ever 30 minutes or so, as it has become completely unreachable by any client or on localhost. Sometimes it crashes all on it's own too and puts out one of those errors. I don't know if this is related or not, but occasionally when I restart it I get a windows 7 admin (UAC) that asks to run something from Windows Command Processor and it will only continue to run if I allow that (clicking 'No' shuts down the server). Any additional thoughts?

the uac prompt means we weren't able to bind to your local IP, so we retry with elevated privileges.  what plugins are installed?

ESO223

Auto Box Sets, CoverArt, GameBrowser, Genre Cleaner, Local Trailers, MB Intros, NESBox, ServerWMC, Studio Cleaner, and Trailers. I have an image of an Unhandled excpetion: could not load file or assembly 'MoreLinq, Version.... PublicKeyToken...' that appeared once too, but the image won't attach to my posts.

ESO223

Should I be posting more logs as it happens? It's very hit and miss on when it happens, but it's very frequent, and never happens under a certain type of event (i.e. transcoding, after a show finishes, certain time, etc). I also tried moving my connection to a direct ethernet connection vs. wifi in case it was the network dropping issue you had mentioned, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference so far. Just wondering if there's anything else I should try. Unfortunately, I'm about ready to give up... it's very frustrating.

Auto Box Sets, CoverArt, GameBrowser, Genre Cleaner, Local Trailers, MB Intros, NESBox, ServerWMC, Studio Cleaner, and Trailers. I have an image of an Unhandled excpetion: could not load file or assembly 'MoreLinq, Version.... PublicKeyToken...' that appeared once too, but the image won't attach to my posts.

Do you also have MB Plus installed?

ESO223

I'm now on Version 3.0.5345.18545 and installed the latest AutoBoxSets update. I've noticed other behavior from the server, I'm not sure if it's related or helpful, but I thought I would report it. When I restart the server it's very responsive and quick, but after around 1-2 hours or a certain number of viewings it becomes very slow, sometimes this happens right before it 'locks up.' It takes several seconds to go back a menu or forward into a folder. Secondly, after something finishes playing the menu appears to freeze for about 30+ seconds and the RESUME function is still visible, even though viewing is past the 95% threshold I set it at. This doesn't seem to disappear until I have go into a different menu and returned.

It is Auto Box Sets.  I had gone through CA, Intros and Genre Cleaner but forgot about that one.

ESO223

Still having issues with Version 3.0.5345.18545. Seemed to run fine for about 3 hours - with multiple clients connecting, some watching direct and some transcoding. Checked the log and I don't see any errors at the time it froze. Should I be trying to uninstall plug-ins or change anything on my computer? I can't believe I'm the only one still having these issues.

ESO223

A few quick updates: I normally keep the dashboard open in a localhost tab in my browser 24/7. I decided to close it and that seemed to have some impact as the server stayed running for almost 5 hours before locking up. Also, even though the server becomes unresponsive I noticed that the auto-organize process keeps running and moved files, but did not log any of that to the server log. Is this issue still being looked into?

ESO223

Another quick update. Still on Version 3.0.5345.18545. I see the dev update to Version 3.0.5346.22797, but I haven't done it yet. Same basic changes as before - still on ethernet, still not keeping the dashboard tab open, and it's been running now for around 16 hours without a hiccup. I check on it every once and awhile to make sure it hasn't locked up. There have been several direct plays, transcodes, etc. so this isn't for a lack of activity. I'll keep monitoring, but for now I'm going to stay on this build until either I have to update or you're released something you think would help.

ESO223

Further update, the server just locked up - after running for around 20 hours. The auto-organize still works fine even though it's in the locked up state. From the log it appears after the auto-organize process ran so did the scan library. The server log grew to 12.5MB, if that matters. And I have a bunch of DLNA type errors in the log too (see below for example). I don't think I have DLNA turned on anywhere. Let me know if there's something else you would like me to try or if there's something from that log that you want to see.

2014-08-21 23:14:34.0012 Error - Dlna: Error sending Datagram: NOTIFY * HTTP/1.1. HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900. CACHE-CONTROL: max-age = 600. LOCATION: http://169.254.104.114:8080/mediabrowser/dlna/792cea6c72431eb18fee9e515210930b/description.xml. SERVER: WIN32/6.1 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.5 MediaBrowser/3.0.5345.18545. NTS: ssdp:alive. NT: uuid:792cea6c72431eb18fee9e515210930b. USN: uuid:792cea6c72431eb18fee9e515210930b. .
    The requested address is not valid in its context
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
       at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Ssdp.Datagram.Send()

Right, I've pretty much known this. The server doesn't freeze, it just stops receiving http requests. All local functions that don't require the http server continue to run as normal. I have a few things I'm going to try but yes, definitely grab new versions as they come up.

ESO223

Another update, on Version 3.0.5351.40457. Issue still happens regularly, but less frequently than previously with the open tab. I've also noticed it seems more likely to freeze after adding new media or moving files around between drives; but only more likely, not always. It usually happens once every 5 hours or less. I haven't had it go the 20 hour I had it do previously again. If there's any more logs you need or want me to try anything else let me know.

mediacowboy

@@ESO223, do you run any anti-virus. Mine started freezing again but I noticed that when I was watching something or moving files my av was doing something in the background. Currently have it disabled to see how it goes

ESO223

I have MalwareBytes running in the background, maybe I'll disable that and see if it has any effect. I was hoping maybe until the problem is solved we could have a plugin or option built in to auto-restart the server every 3-4 hours, that way I wouldn't have to always remote to localhost and reboot it?

Spaceboy

You mean like the server restart schedule app which has been available for some time now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk