Server unresponsive

twitchstick

ESO223

You mean like the server restart schedule app which has been available for some time now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops! Guess I always thought that plug in did something else. I set it up to go every 4 hours. We'll see if that improves things.

I pretty much no longer have a server anymore. pasts few days it starts and immediately locks up can't do anything with it.

I am having a problem tonight with the server. It was running fine this evening using it via XBMB3C. I then played a file on my Android device and it was working fine. 

Then the server started throwing an exception error: "Unhandled exception: The network name cannot be found". 

I have these two logs in the log folder: http://pastebin.com/8mMWJKAS and  http://pastebin.com/nu89VRUj

I am running version 3.0.5347.22095. 

I don't have any plugins installed right now. I just reinstalled my computer OS yesterday and then reinstalled MBS. It has been working fine all day.

Let me know if there is another log than the one above that you need.

-Jason

Just start a new thread. If you read this one at all it's clear your symptoms are not the same.

Seavyan

Hi There,

I have recently branched into using my iPad Air with the Media Browser Server and am coming up against a frustrating problem.

I start the server, can log in fine through the Media Browser Client, watch an episode without problem. Start another episode and its frozen.

If I leave the iPad, let it auto lock and come back to it mid play, frozen.

And this is not simply the app freezing, the entire server needs to be restarted after each and every time this happens.

Is there any fix to this or anybody else experiencing problems like this?

the client becomes unresponsive, with the loading wheel going constantly, on the rare occasion that it does manage to get back into the tv shows main view, it has no images and will not load any further.

at this point, i am unable to access the dashboard through my server pc or access the server trough the theater until it is restarted.

pmichener1954

This is getting ridiculous.  I watch one move, then have to reset server to get media browser classic to connect.  Error message says cannot connect to server or server is busy.  Server version is 3.0.5347.22095 and Classic version is 3.0.206.0.  Logs are attached. Sorry can't upload logs, your program says the file is too big to upload.  What now???

MBClassic-192014c3fe7a31d444471fa55635cb7a52eb1e.log

MBClassic-882014dee2bafb68c54e2387dc16389cf3d131.log

MBClassic-1082014a173e933efe64ea89204e5e9521576e2.log

This will probably not happen to you with MBC if you properly configure the library so it can directly access the media.

Use either the Path substitutions or directly define the library paths with UNC values that the MBC machine can see.

I have my library properly configured (I think) and I get it unresponsive from the server though a web browser and MBT both on the same computer as the server. the only clients I use other the server machine is the windows app on my surface (which I only use for dlna to the xbox in the room away from the server PC) and occasionally I use my laptop browser at work. Mine is so bad lately that the server is unresponsive as soon as I start it, and if by some off chance it does work it takes 20 minutes for the initial scan, lets me watch one show/movie then locks up again.

ok guys. i have just put up a dev build that adds some additional logging to try and diagnose the problem. for those of you running dev, please try it out, and when the problem occurs, capture the log and post it.

make sure you have debug logging turned on in the dashboard, under advanced

http://paste2.org/2GLVFYb7

Version 3.0.5359.812

Should have the debug logging on it. I decided to leave the tab open this time to assist in locking up earlier. This time the circle/thinking graphic appeared briefly and then nothing in the localhost open tab was able to be clicked on, or was responsive.

http://paste2.org/2GLVFYb7

Version 3.0.5359.812

Should have the debug logging on it. I decided to leave the tab open this time to assist in locking up earlier. This time the circle/thinking graphic appeared briefly and then nothing in the localhost open tab was able to be clicked on, or was responsive.

what time did it occur?

Latchmor

I've had a few issues the last few days (but been tied up) which sound similar.  A Few times I had to go to the actual PC and restart MBS as I couldn't connect remotely. One time MBS had stopped by itself altogether or didn't restart itself.

Either way I have some time to test tonight and if I get some strange behavior will report back with the debug log for you.

Cheers

• Like 1

what time did it occur?

I believe it occurred between 0230 and 0300. I wasn't watching the server directly at the time, just checking in on it every once in a while. I'll have more time tonight to monitor it closely, so I'll try and post more exact times and logs.

Thanks. as you can probably tell I am putting up new builds that add new debug info, so as you get the updates, please repeat the test. thanks.

I am getting the server unreachable check server name/ip address and port error when using the mediabrowser iOS app as well as attempting to connect through google chrome.  I opened the ports on my router is there something else i am missing?  I currently turned off windows firewall to see if that could be it but I am still getting the same issue.  I double and triple checked i am entering the address correctly.

Log.txt

Is it worth it to post logs when the server has crashed when I don't know an estimated time of the 'lockup'? It's happened several times today, but I was preoccupied and didn't have a chance to not the time so the occurred between gap is large? I'll keep monitoring and posting more accurate logs when I get the chance to, regardless.

I do think this is the same issue.  I can access everything fine on my living room and bedroom extenders as well as watch multiple items in a row without having anything crash or "lock up" on me.  Only when I attempt remote access do I have this issue.  Even from my desktop that is running the server when I type in the ip address:8096 I get an error.

What OS is everyone on that is having this issue?

I had this happen that one time a while back but it has never happened again since - and I have a tab open on the dashboard for that machine pretty much 24/7.  My server is on Win 8.1.