Server unresponsive

twitchstick

So far so good. The server remained resposive for most of the day. 

what is your version?

ESO223

@@ESO223, do you use the google chrome companion?

I use FF (v31) to access the dashboard at home on localhost. I do use Google Chrome to remotely watch from another computer sometimes during the week during downtime at work. Everything else is usually MBClassic at home.

mediacowboy

If I need to open a need thread the next time it happens I will, but from I am seeing it sounds like the same issue the OP is having. Where for no reason what so ever the server does not respond to anything.

for you we will probably need client logs. the difference between his and yours, is your server logs http requests being serviced the entire time. with his they just don't show up in the log at all.

mediacowboy

Ok. I will look at how to get client logs. @@Luke, Where would I look on how to get these Log's. My main clients are now are Roku, iOS, and the Web Cleint.

Edit: Also thank you for explaining the difference. I do not know what I would be looking for in the logs to know the difference.

Edit 2: Would it help if I did away the companion app, I just remember that I have that on my work computer and my home desktop?

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

@@Luke, I am creating a new thread since you said you thought my issue was different. I am running server 3.0.5338.24793. When I say my server goes dark I mean nothing will connect to it. Not going to localhost:8096/mediabrowser, to the google companion app. I can not even conncect to it from my roku's, or iPad and iPhone using LTE or on network. I do not know what else to try, The only way I am able to get the server back up is to restart it. There is not set amount of time that it locks up. It can be in the middle of a TV show or not doing anything but responding to the google companion app. I do not know how to get you the client logs that you have asked for. I did look in the how to section to try finding out. I will be more than willing to do whatever it take to help you figure this out. Without further ado here are the logs from the first lock up. Then restarted and within minutes it locked up again. I have not rebooted since the second lockup hoping you would see something.

After Reboot for server upgrade to first lockup.

http://paste2.org/IEfK4F0b

After Reboot up to second lockup.

http://paste2.org/0Eym6mOX

Please help me figure this out as I am tired of not knowing if I will be able to watch my media.

mediacowboy

Upgrading to 3.0.5338.33125 now. Will let you know when/if it locks back up.

Edited by mediacowboy

ESO223

Updated to Version 3.0.5338.33125

http://paste2.org/1pZImyFW

This time I had just logged into the server using Chrome to start viewing on the webclient when the lockup happened. Should I just keep posting logs like I have been, or should I look for something specific?

Updated to Version 3.0.5338.33125

http://paste2.org/1pZImyFW

This time I had just logged into the server using Chrome to start viewing on the webclient when the lockup happened. Should I just keep posting logs like I have been, or should I look for something specific?

You don't need to unless there's new information. I would use the chrome debugger to monitor client-side. truthfully that looks like fine so make sure you're not killing it prematurely just because one request seems to take a little longer. you have http requests coming in and being serviced throughout that entire log.

ESO223

I keep TeamViewer up and am always logged in to view the localhost. It locked up and wouldn't let me click through the menu, like before. If a client has trouble connecting that's not when I restart, it's always after I've verified that the localhost is 'locked up' - I'll keep posting for new builds if it keeps happening. Busy the next few days so they may be delayed.

also  you've got library scans throughout the log so they're running frequently for some reason. you've got a lot of requests going out to tvdb because you've got automatic tvdb updates enabled. so maybe try turning that off in case it's causing a cpu or network spike. and get some client-side debugging information from the browser.

ESO223

also  you've got library scans throughout the log so they're running frequently for some reason. you've got a lot of requests going out to tvdb because you've got automatic tvdb updates enabled. so maybe try turning that off in case it's causing a cpu or network spike. and get some client-side debugging information from the browser.

Okay, I changed the auto TVDB updates to be disabled. I also have real-time monitoring enabled of the Media Library, should I try disabling that? I'll watch for client debugging info if I'm connect via a browser client when it happens. But it can sometimes occur when no clients are active.

My server was suddenly upgraded to 3.0.5338.33125 and now I can access the system locally again, something significant changed between my two builds. 

mediacowboy

@@Luke I have not had a lockup today. I did watch some shows last night on the new server but haven't had time today since I've been at work. I will watch some tonight when I get home. Do I need to reboot and let that pending update happen or what until before I go to bed tonight?

ESO223

Still on Version 3.0.5338.33125

http://paste2.org/HBGswvb6

Stayed up and ran for quite awhile without many problems. Wasn't doing anything before to the server, just letting it run on it's own when it stopped becoming responsive from localhost. I turned off theTVdb updates. Should I try turning off anything else? Like real-time monitoring?

You can update to the latest dev version "3.0.5339.41369". I had also some problems like you.

For the moment no problems yet. :)

I see this topic has died does that mean I'm the only one still having this problem? Running Version 3.0.5340.21263

Edited by lanos

I think the issue is that the server is more sensitive than it used to be about your network dropping. Does your server ever go to sleep, or is your network card configured to sleep on idle? I think what might be happening is when your server machine restores it's connection MBS is not recovering by re-binding to your IP.

that is what I think right now and I will do some testing to confirm, and if it works out then I'll resolve it. The reason this thread has died a bit is because I did incorporate a technique to recover from this situation, but it does not apply to older versions of windows, so those will have to be handled differently.

My server is on my main HTPC Which doesn't sleep. the server crashed on me 4 times today while I was watching stuff on the server machine (mb theater, windows 7). It wouldnt stop me from watching whatever I was watching but I couldn't browse media while watching, other clients weren't able to connect, and when what I was watching MB theater finished it would give an unable to connect error and crash. Then I'd have to restart the server (which takes forever) and everything would be fine for awhile then it would eventually happen again

ESO223

Sorry, I was very busy for the last couple of days. My problem has not been resolved thus far. Currently on Version 3.0.5343.20637 and log of the lockup just occurring is posted below. My server is on a network computer that never sleeps, nor does the network. Aside from a few speed improvements in the server restarting since this all happened. I have not noticed any major improvement to the issue, at least so far. Not sure if there's more I can try from the settings on my machine. I am considering a fresh install of MBServer as that has appeared to resolve some issues in the past (but is a pain to re-install).

http://paste2.org/4f9L5BBf

Hang tight. We'll get this squared away. I will have to add some logging info for you guys to get to the bottom of the problem.