Do I convert from P***

CBers
1 minute ago, OllieP said:

play back is awful because you cannot hear dialogue and when a car drives past it rattles the windows

There are many UK TV users here on the forums who don't have issues.

Perhaps we need to go more in-depth on an issue by issue basis.

explain why i am confused

Have you gone through all of the settings in the ATV app ?

There is a resolution match option (can't remember exactly what it's called), but even if you don't used , which I don't on my Shields, playback should be fine.

If you follow the instructions in the How to Report a Problem thread mentioned above, you can send in-app logs to the developer of the app, @ebr.

Just now, OllieP said:

There is setting in any of the apps that a set that tells the App i can only listen in stereo, both in plex or emby.

In the Audio settings there is a "Downmix to Stereo" option.

• Like 1

how do i cancel sorry don't see how reporting the problem helps. you have the screen shots the logs will just say played 5.1 as the device can play 5.1. but the device only has a stereo sound bar but I will play the 5.1 stream regardless. then hopefully the client that it is on has the ability do Downmix if not your in the shit! 

Netflix app press play 1080 and stereo. same device, same film amazing. twitch app press play 1080 stereo amazing. you tube 1080 stereo amazing.

emby/plex press play 1080 7.1. video is a delight, sound is one minute on full so i can hear people talk and next pressing mute becouse a car drove past and i have just perferated my eardrums.

do you need the same logs from all the devices that exhibit the same behaviour as i have 15 of them  

The best way i can explain the fault. 

ok if i was to have a 4K andriod device and a film that was in 4K but was plugged into a 1080 Monitor the process the server and app would take is i have a 4K stream and the device can do 4K but the TV cannot so i will transcode. Great

so lets replace video with audio in the same workflow.

i have a 7.1 andriod device and a film with 7.1 audio track but plugged into a 2 speaker TV. no transcode. so if we processed video the same as audio we would end up with a 4K resolution playing on 1080P monitor.

i am trying to help the product as whole as plex and emby do the same thing and the option is that audio encoding on the server would kill most servers that are doing video encoding ( come on lads its a fraction of the workload)

CBers

The best way i can explain the fault. 

ok if i was to have a 4K andriod device and a film that was in 4K but was plugged into a 1080 Monitor the process the server and app would take is i have a 4K stream and the device can do 4K but the TV cannot so i will transcode. Great

so lets replace video with audio in the same workflow.

i have a 7.1 andriod device and a film with 7.1 audio track but plugged into a 2 speaker TV. no transcode. so if we processed video the same as audio we would end up with a 4K resolution playing on 1080P monitor.

i am trying to help the product as whole as plex and emby do the same thing and the option is that audio encoding on the server would kill most servers that are doing video encoding ( come on lads its a fraction of the workload)

The app does that now.

It checks the capabilities of the end device and transcodes/remuxes accordingly.

If it is not doing that, then you need to follow the instructions in the How to Report a Problem thread.

• Like 1

CBers
3 minutes ago, OllieP said:

is the end device the TV or the andriod box?

TV and/or sound receiver.

• Like 1

then yeah something is going wrong with all my TV's and all my devices and all my family's TVs and all there devices. i think we might need clarification on this because in my option the audio compatibility is done against the android box not the end device. this is a computer monitor.

17.thumb.jpg.5a43188d6025e096dc3361850c1b8a65.jpg

2 minutes ago, OllieP said:

then yeah something is going wrong with all my TV's and all my devices and all my family's TVs and all there devices. i think we might need clarification on this because in my option the audio compatibility is done against the android box not the end device. this is a computer monitor.

i can go round an take photos of all the devise but this seems to be the norm. also if it is deceting it wrong because my equipment is crap then we should be able to overide it

17.thumb.jpg.5a43188d6025e096dc3361850c1b8a65.jpg

i suppose the only way to test is someone else play a 7.1 stream on a box that supports a 7.1 stream connected to a TV with 2 speakers and see if the outcome is 7.1?

22 hours ago, CBers said:

Follow the instructions in the How to Report a Problem thread mentioned above, especially the section about submitting the in-app logs, and @ebr will be able to tell you.

Ok i have took a deep breath and will do as you have requested i understand i need to conform. not sure how i do this without coming out of it looking like a bigger tosser but hey lets have a punt. i happy try log it. which device do i give him as an example. shall i log my mobile phone which defiantly only has 2 speakers and is android for mobile

mobileapp1.jpg.ccd3040877ef5bffb2dbd0016ca07e99.jpg

or playing the same thing on my web browser on a windows PC that deffinatly has 2 speakers i have headphones

webplayeruse.png.448300b4963c56a606f70471173c3734.png

I could go on with every device i have. so lets look at the why this is such a massive problem. Audio is something i know a tiny bit about.

when i plug my Walkman  headphones into my mobile phone this the above is playing incorrect but its not noticeable. my phone does not have 5 speakers but the low volume means its not a big problem

when i plug my headphones into my mobile phone the audio is not correct my phone still has no aquired 5 speakers, i can tell its not correct the difference between the voice and the action is not right. but i can live with it. but because the headphones are better quality it becomes noticeable

the exact same thing is reproduced with the headphones and Walkman headphones plugged into the desktop PC and i would not expect any difference it does not have 5 speakers,

Now the one thing i have learnt being a Club DJ is if you play the wrong audio type into the wrong system and then amplify it that's where the shit hits the fan.

so when i play this on my mobile, TV, phone what ever and connect it to my Stereo ( again sans 5 speakers only 2) then naturally amplifying something that is incorrect starts to become a massive problem.

so my theory 7.1 being forced down something that only has 2 speakers results in the dialogue being at a much lower volume than the action. in fact there are many forums i read about the exact channels you should mix when mixdown to make sure this does not happen. 

so when you amplify the sound the effect is like a cone where the loud sounds are amplified much more that the lower sounds

as a result me and the other 10 people i have asked to use this app have all gave up because it sounds ******** Terrible!

Edited by Guest
Removed expletive. This is a family friendly community.

any one know I can fix this across all my devices and the ones in another county's. without having to have 3 copies of every bit of media for each surround sound type. I really want my media server to live but i think it needs to be put down. Help me jebus. All i ask is that i can watch a film on my device at in the correct resolution in the correct audio type! I thought that is what this product did?

Please keep me away from Netflix app that i can run on the exact same device and that some how like a genie in a bottle with no help from me plays a vid and its in audio format that is designed for 2 speaker not 5 or 7 because I don't have 5 or seven or speakers I have 2. 2 is what I have. in the kitchen in the bedroom in the living room on my computer. i Have 2 lovely warts and all speakers. my headphones the last time I looked had two objects. one for each ear. not 6, i don't have 6 ears. not 5  a person has yet to be born with 5 ears. i spider has 8  eyes maybe he can put the 7.1 audio over his eyes and it would sound correct. maybe that's my next experiment.

if I play a 4K stream it converts it to 1080, why because i have a 1080 screen. not 4K 1080. why when I have 2 speakers do you play me sound designed for 7. . why is it the device, when it does it on all my devices. why is it my tele it does it on all my tele's.

we transcode video on the server to combat incompatibly and make sure there is consistency. but audio we leave it to the device. then why not just convert the video on the device and be done with the server completely. why are coders so against audio. 

why does this not make sense to anyone else!

I have cancelled both products for now. there just usable may be one day when i have 7 speakers in all my rooms they will be. Video epic both have done a sterling job honest both an amazing technical achiement.. but the sound is not right. and they both have to be. don't really know how else i can explain it. I have done it with science, screenshots, I will get down and my hands and kees and beg.  

Edited by Guest

CBers

Follow the instructions in the How to Report a Problem thread mentioned above, especially the section about submitting the in-app logs, and @ebr will be able to tell you.

You need to supply in-app logs from the Android TV app as well as server logs covering the same time period.

Without these, the developers will be unable to assist fully.

Also, please confirm that it is indeed the Android TV app you are using and also which version it is.

Which version of server are you using as well please?

• Like 1

installed prime and Netflix on all my boxes last night. sound that comes out of all of them is designed for 2 speakers. just works battle lost. Every device no questions asked 2 speaker audio. why because funny enough i have 2 speakers. not sure how it does maybe when i use these to apps it uses different electricity or something. it did ask me how many speakers i have connected to help me enjoy the shows better. cant see in anyway that effected anything.

it was nice i watched something i wanted to watch for a while and i could see a truck in the distance and i thought to my self " is that truck going to hit that wall" on plex and Emby if i see a truck in the distance i am thinking i have about 3 seconds before i will need to jump up and pounce on the remote like a tiger to turn it down. An experiance shared with everyone else i have gave the box and apps.

i pretty sure we can all agree which viewing pleasure i enjoy the most.

I suppose plex and embay are just aiming there product for a small band of users that are not clever enough to build a silent PC and put it under the TV and just do it all on that, but have the money to spend on 3 grand sound systems and TV and not mess about with a server at all.

or maybe you could market it as a fitness product 

Cant win them all i guess

8 minutes ago, CBers said:

You need to supply in-app logs from the Android TV app as well as server logs covering the same time period.

Without these, the developers will be unable to assist fully.

Also, please confirm that it is indeed the Android TV app you are using and also which version it is.

Which version of server are you using as well please?

so is it the TV for andriod app, the web player app, the andriod mobile app? which one?

don't worry mate i think for my sanity i am just going to leave it. i cant understand how i log a device problem  that happens regardless of the device i use.

i have gave up. 1 year trying to win the same battle. purchasing different boxes sound bars headphones. i just pay people that understand i only have 2 speakers and can make that work.

CBers

Follow the instructions.

6 minutes ago, OllieP said:

so is it the TV for andriod app, the web player app, the andriod mobile app? which one?

Whatever device/client you are having issue with.

• Like 1

Just now, OllieP said:

all 3?

1 minute ago, CBers said:

Follow the instructions.

Whatever device/client you are having issue with.

does it help if i log it 3 times

PenkethBoy
Just now, OllieP said:

do you have 2 speakers?

yes thanks and they all work fine on multiple devices and different client apps