Do I convert from P***

You have really answered your own question why there is lots of choices and why the app configures as much as possible for you or requests setup from the device.

People use settings and mess things up far more then they get help from it.  Instead we would rather try to help, identify issues if present and fix them so neither you or the next person has to deal with it.

This thread went from trying to get help to a "saga" or novel. :)  So much information that isn't relevant to the issues it's nearly impossible to follow.  I'd suggest going back through this thread and identifying only what doesn't work or has an issue and start a new thread with reported issue and then wait for responses and do the tests asked without a lot of unrelated info which just makes things confusing.

Get a fresh start in reporting things but also start working on your media adding a default stereo AAC track which will play on everything!

mate if you read my very first post i was 100% the direction i want to go 🙂 and why, others want to fix and issue on the all the clients. 

my first 2 posts is exactly where we ended up 🙂

Edited by Guest

even worse i asked before i buy this can it do it, and the peeps said yes and it cant. so can i get a refund! i still will not be able to use Emby unless its implanted its that black and white for me unfortunately.

maybe we all read back 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, cayars said:

You have really answered your own question why there is lots of choices and why the app configures as much as possible for you or requests setup from the device.

People use settings and mess things up far more then they get help from it.  Instead we would rather try to help, identify issues if present and fix them so neither you or the next person has to deal with it.

This thread went from trying to get help to a "saga" or novel. :)  So much information that isn't relevant to the issues it's nearly impossible to follow.  I'd suggest going back through this thread and identifying only what doesn't work or has an issue and start a new thread with reported issue and then wait for responses and do the tests asked without a lot of unrelated info which just makes things confusing.

Get a fresh start in reporting things but also start working on your media adding a default stereo AAC track which will play on everything!

I will summirise my first 3 post  you do not wish to go back!

Can embay server be force to encode or Remux everything. why? ... well look at how every problem is resolved when something is not working properly on a client device. turn subtitles on or lower the bitrate to force encoding. so why not do it on the server. 

My idea of a media server is I give a box to someone say press embay\pl*** and  enjoy. instead its oh that film is in 7.1 turn the subtitles on a sec and it will play it better blah blah blah.

Everything is set to stereo the monitor, the TV, the sticks. so play something and  direct play. so basically the server sends a 5.1 stream to a device that's set to stereo.basically some one talks and i am pressing the volume up, a tank drives past and i smash a window it so loud. For me to take any of these pieces of software seriously i want to be able to replace my current TV setup, in UK being sky TV,

but for me to have to start every movie by clicking start then change something like change resolution or anything to get it to encode just so it will force to play correctly is not acceptable, I agree with your statement above but just because the device can play 5.1 audio it, if the device itself is set to stereo only and you send a 5.1 audio stream to it something has gone wrong. 

well firesticks was perfect, transcode live TV and downmix to stereo solved all my problems. so I decided to revive i couple of old Andriod boxes.

gutted because these to options was not on them. to be honest I know the boxes are not the best but i could play 1080p films and TV and watch twitch streams at 1080P 60fps

Edited by Guest

CBers

As @cayars and I have said already, the client already detects what capabilities your playback device(s) have and acts accordingly, whether that is a local downmix, or passed off to the server for a transcode/remux. 

You keep bouncing between devices/clients and offering different information, so it's difficult to see what the real issue is. 

So we need to close this thread and ask you to open a new one for one device/client in the relevant forum and provide the information that has been asked for several times already. 

Once the issue on one device/client is resolved, then we can move onto another device/client if needed. 

Thanks. 

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1