embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

With the new version there is a bug with Theme Media for TV Shows.
In old Versions he create a Directory named as the TVShow (Example: "Alice in Borderland"). Now all the dirs have names like: 4660787
and kodi (TVTunes Addon) cannot find the nfo files inside.

• Like 1

quickmic
23 minutes ago, loomes said:

In old Versions he create a Directory named as the TVShow (Example: "Alice in Borderland"). Now all the dirs have names like: 4660787

I'll check TVtunes addons, but actually not sure if I can follow your bug-report.

I need detailed infos.

tvtunes (3rd party plugin) is supported by next-gen. Next-gen adds nfo files to userfolder plugin bla... and links them to tvtunes

Is this the problem?, anyway, I'll check ...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
41 minutes ago, loomes said:

I think I found the problem... I'll fix it in 6.2.7

Not sure if this has been asked but whenever I remove artwork from Emby server it doesn't get reflected in Kodi and it still gets loaded (from the cache I expect). Can this problem be solved somehow?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, markdj said:

Not sure if this has been asked but whenever I remove artwork from Emby server it doesn't get reflected in Kodi and it still gets loaded (from the cache I expect). Can this problem be solved somehow?

What kind of artwork for which content?

6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

What kind of artwork for which content?

I remove background fanart and this applies to both movies and shows. For example, I had two pieces of art for Yellowjackets. I have removed one however, but on the Shield it still gets shown.

Resetting the database works but I don't want to resort to that every time.

Edited by markdj
  • Like 1

quickmic
36 minutes ago, markdj said:

I remove background fanart and this applies to both movies and shows. For example, I had two pieces of art for Yellowjackets. I have removed one however, but on the Shield it still gets shown.

Resetting the database works but I don't want to resort to that every time.

Tested with TVshow fanart/backdrop. Works perfect on my setup. -> Artwork removed and re-added.

I need more info: addon/native mode. How did you remove the artwork. Removed files, or via Emby server WebUI.

to all:

Please provide me with setting details for bug reports. Addon/native Kodi 18 or 19 etc.

Also, perform tests with stock Kodi skin especially when artwork is involved. Very often it's related to custom skins. Does doesn mean I'll not fix issues with custom skins, but impossible to debug without a test setup.

Best would be specific step by step instructions how to force an issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available 6.2.7:

Currently in beta repo but already tagged as stable.

delta changelog:

disable http2 by default and add config menu option
fix videoplayer focus (to be tested)
fix tvtunes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Tested with TVshow fanart/backdrop. Works perfect on my setup. -> Artwork removed and re-added.

I need more info: addon/native mode. How did you remove the artwork. Removed files, or via Emby server WebUI.

to all:

Please provide me with setting details for bug reports. Addon/native Kodi 18 or 19 etc.

Also, perform tests with stock Kodi skin especially when artwork is involved. Very often it's related to custom skins. Does doesn mean I'll not fix issues with custom skins, but impossible to debug without a test setup.

Best would be specific step by step instructions how to force an issue.

This is using native mode and by removing the artwork through Emby server.

quickmic
32 minutes ago, markdj said:

This is using native mode and by removing the artwork through Emby server.

ok, was the artwork file removed from HDD?

I think due to native mode, Kodi interferes here.

Edited by quickmic

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

ok, was the artwork file removed from HDD?

I think due to native mode, Kodi interferes here.

Yeah it does get deleted from the HDD and Emby doesn't show it anymore either then. It's just that Kodi doesn't show the change, I think it's because of the cache.

quickmic
23 minutes ago, markdj said:

Yeah it does get deleted from the HDD and Emby doesn't show it anymore either then. It's just that Kodi doesn't show the change, I think it's because of the cache.

Delete the cache and check again. Then you have evidence. (Probably take a backup before)

DiscoDuck79
On 1/17/2022 at 8:00 AM, quickmic said:

Will check

Think I mislead you with this, the problem seems to be that I restart/shutdown the docker container that Emby server is running within.

If I restart the server, or shut i down from the Emby server GUI it works as intended. I get a popup on the client that the server is restarting or shutting down as applicable.

If I restart the Docker container or stop it, I don't get any popup on the client, but I get the error message previously posted in the log. Even if I keep the container off for 5 minutes I don't get any popup on the client that the server is down. Is it possible for you to add some keep-alive checks to the plugin and restart it if necessary?

Hi, any chance labels or tags for photos can be implanted with next gen? 

They are available in the Emby app but not in kodi yet.

I have tagged all my photos for easy searching and really love to have them in Kodi as well.

Will Emby next gen in the future function as a pvr client? The Emby guide is available but the timers and etc are not. 

Thanks 

LichenKing
On 1/22/2022 at 12:05 AM, quickmic said:

New version available 6.2.7:

Currently in beta repo but already tagged as stable.

delta changelog:

disable http2 by default and add config menu option
fix videoplayer focus (to be tested)
fix tvtunes

VideoPlayer focus 6.2.7 is tested and can now be considered resolved.

Edited by LichenKing

On 1/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, quickmic said:

Delete the cache and check again. Then you have evidence. (Probably take a backup before)

I have deleted the cache through the add-on by resetting the database, and while the image is now gone the issue unfortunately remains.

quickmic
7 hours ago, LichenKing said:

Kodi - 19.3
Kodi Default Skin - Estuary
Emby Next Gen - 6.2.7

kodi_crash.log 5.48 kB · 2 downloads

Maybe it's the shield issue:

Actually, the http2 diable option should be automatically applied in 6.2.7, but can you doublecheck your advancedsettings.xml

The log just shows a crash right after ffmpeg took over.

quickmic
7 hours ago, markdj said:

I have deleted the cache through the add-on by resetting the database, and while the image is now gone the issue unfortunately remains.

You reset the whole DB? That not what I meant. You assumed it's the cache. If so delete just the ./data/userdata/Database/Textures13.db and probably ./data/userdata/Thumbnails/* and the issue should be gone. If it doesn't solve the issue, it's a sync problem. I can check in native mode cause my test was in addon mode, but this should have no impact to artwork.

Probably Kodi pulls it's own artwork. Kodi can do that, cause you use native mode.

Edited by quickmic

I still occasionally have issues with new recordings not automatically appearing in the library. I then have to manually update the Recordings database to see everything. Sometimes a database repair is even necessary.

This time it was NOS Studio Sport Eredivisie which did not appear automatically while other recordings of that evening did appear.

Is it possible to ask during a Emby Database reset which databases should be removed?

There is a Video database, a Music database and a Pictures database. I only use the video database via Emby and music and pictures go via other Kodi addons. These are automatically removed when I do a database reset via Emby Next Gen. Of course I don't do that every day, but sometimes it doesn't work properly anymore and then a reset is the easiest solution.

Thank you.

kodi.log

Edited by heula

quickmic
17 hours ago, heula said:

I still occasionally have issues with new recordings not automatically appearing in the library. I then have to manually update the Recordings database to see everything. Sometimes a database repair is even necessary.

This time it was NOS Studio Sport Eredivisie which did not appear automatically while other recordings of that evening did appear.

Is it possible to ask during a Emby Database reset which databases should be removed?

There is a Video database, a Music database and a Pictures database. I only use the video database via Emby and music and pictures go via other Kodi addons. These are automatically removed when I do a database reset via Emby Next Gen. Of course I don't do that every day, but sometimes it doesn't work properly anymore and then a reset is the easiest solution.

Thank you.

kodi.log 244.81 kB · 1 download

2022-01-23 22:38:49.581 T:26136    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows: Skipping empty show Adem in, Adem uit: 631030
2022-01-23 22:38:49.589 T:26136   ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.core.tvshows: Unable to add series 631030
2022-01-23 22:38:49.589 T:26136    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows: No series id associated

You have several log records like the one above. Are these recorded ones/related to the issue?

Hi, i've got a quick question. I recalled previously in Kodi 18 the Emby plugin would sync Emby favourites and display it in Kodi favourites (Embruary skin). I can't recall when it went missing but it's no longer there now. Anybody know how to enable this with Emby-Next-Gen. Cheers

embyL0VER
10 minutes ago, Jonz said:

Hi, i've got a quick question. I recalled previously in Kodi 18 the Emby plugin would sync Emby favourites and display it in Kodi favourites (Embruary skin). I can't recall when it went missing but it's no longer there now. Anybody know how to enable this with Emby-Next-Gen. Cheers

Good point, I was thinking the same but not sure about it till now.

@quickmic maybe you can bring this functionality back in 7.x releases?

quickmic

Really, Embruary shows favourites as "regular" Kodi favs? This would really surprise me due to Kodi favs are not very smart. It's basically a file/playlist.

I assume Embruary does some other magic but not sure.