embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, embyL0VER said:

@quickmic maybe you can bring this functionality back in 7.x releases?

Surly possible, first I need to know the mechanism of Embruary favs.

Edited by quickmic

DiscoDuck79
1 hour ago, Jonz said:

Hi, i've got a quick question. I recalled previously in Kodi 18 the Emby plugin would sync Emby favourites and display it in Kodi favourites (Embruary skin). I can't recall when it went missing but it's no longer there now. Anybody know how to enable this with Emby-Next-Gen. Cheers

Have you tried to create a custom widget for it? I see that Emby favourites are available in the menu but I don't use the favourite function myself.

DiscoDuck79
On 1/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

Think I mislead you with this, the problem seems to be that I restart/shutdown the docker container that Emby server is running within.

If I restart the server, or shut i down from the Emby server GUI it works as intended. I get a popup on the client that the server is restarting or shutting down as applicable.

If I restart the Docker container or stop it, I don't get any popup on the client, but I get the error message previously posted in the log. Even if I keep the container off for 5 minutes I don't get any popup on the client that the server is down. Is it possible for you to add some keep-alive checks to the plugin and restart it if necessary?

@quickmicAny chance that you could get some sort of check into next-gen so it checks if the server is actually running or not?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

@quickmicAny chance that you could get some sort of check into next-gen so it checks if the server is actually running or not?

Keepalive is on my todo list, yes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

DiscoDuck79
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, keepalive... I'm not sure how Kodi should report/show such an issue? any Idea?

I have no idea about the inner workings of next-gen so not sure how you check it properly. The big issue is that it's a "silent" problem. If the server is rebooted I can play content from it using next-gen, but the updates malfunctions (covers etc are really slow as well) but I have no real indication that something has happend. Since it's a silent error an auto-triggered restart could be applied to next-gen once connection is restored. Can you get the server to send it's PID and if changed next-gen restarts? If it's down for a prolonged time it would be nice to get the normal message pop-up on the client with e.g "Server down" as message but that it doesn't go away until the server is back up again.

quickmic
48 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

e.g "Server down" as message but that it doesn't go away until the server is back up again.

That's the point, I'm not sure if this is possible. Popup msgs have a timeflag how long it's shown. If server is down and not fixed, the message needs to stay a looong time. Days weeks, from a technical point it lasts infinite.

I've to check Kodi's capabilities. Sure I can set an indicator somewhere in config menu, but I think that's not what you want.

Edited by quickmic

DiscoDuck79
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

That's the point, I'm not sure if this is possible. Popup msgs have a timeflag how long it's shown. If server is down and not fixed, the message needs to stay a looong time. Days weeks, from a technical point it lasts infinite.

I've to check Kodi's capabilities. Sure I can set an indicator somewhere in config menu, but I think that's not what you want.

The way I see it

If the server is down it will be noticed since playback won't work. Would be a nice-to-have feature to have some sort of indication on Kodi.

If the server has been restarted it creates a silent error. Would be a great stability improvement to implement a keepalive check and auto-restart of next-gen.

15 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

The way I see it

If the server is down it will be noticed since playback won't work. Would be a nice-to-have feature to have some sort of indication on Kodi.

If the server has been restarted it creates a silent error. Would be a great stability improvement to implement a keepalive check and auto-restart of next-gen.

Unless I'm mistaking what you want, this is already happening with Emby Next Gen. At least in my case.

Practical example:

I have my NAS/Emby Server with "auto shutdown fuction at 6am"

If I'm playing anything and the NAS/Emby Server gets turned off, it pops up "emby next gen has lost connection to the server" and the playback eventually stops 30sec after

Is this what you mean? I notices this happens already, specially if I continue to watch something near the said autoshutdown/beyond it

DiscoDuck79
3 minutes ago, djhifi said:

Unless I'm mistaking what you want, this is already happening with Emby Next Gen. At least in my case.

Practical example:

I have my NAS/Emby Server with "auto shutdown fuction at 6am"

If I'm playing anything and the NAS/Emby Server gets turned off, it pops up "emby next gen has lost connection to the server" and the playback eventually stops 30sec after

Is this what you mean? I notices this happens already, specially if I continue to watch something near the said autoshutdown/beyond it

If I turn off the server from the web interface I get this message, but I run my server in a docker container and if the container is stopped or restarted it doesn't give these messages.

Just now, DiscoDuck79 said:

If I turn off the server from the web interface I get this message, but I run my server in a docker container and if the container is stopped or restarted it doesn't give these messages.

Oh I see. We are running the server diferently. Im running it from package center (with manual installation/updates done by me using .spk)

I also use native path (instead of addon mode) in Next Gen don't know if it makes a difference

On 1/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, quickmic said:

You reset the whole DB? That not what I meant. You assumed it's the cache. If so delete just the ./data/userdata/Database/Textures13.db and probably ./data/userdata/Thumbnails/* and the issue should be gone. If it doesn't solve the issue, it's a sync problem. I can check in native mode cause my test was in addon mode, but this should have no impact to artwork.

Probably Kodi pulls it's own artwork. Kodi can do that, cause you use native mode.

Deleting these files resolved the issues, but it happened again when I added extra artwork and then deleted it. Kodi only gets the artwork from Emby so I’m not sure where the problem lies, but I suppose Emby doesn’t trigger an update for the artwork to be removed?

embyL0VER

@markdj I just have tested the following also with yellowjackets:

In Emby:

- click editing pictures on yellowjackets

- removed background fanart for the show

In Kodi:

- waited for maybe 20 seconds

- clicked in the show yellowjackets and background is removed

I'm also using native mode with emby-next-gen.

Edited by embyL0VER
Better looking

8 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

@markdj I just have tested the following also with yellowjackets:

In Emby:

- click editing pictures on yellowjackets

- removed background fanart for the show

In Kodi:

- waited for maybe 20 seconds

- clicked in the show yellowjackets and background is removed

I'm also using native mode with emby-next-gen.

Thanks for checking but could you also test it with extra fanart possibly? One seems to work fine, but with 2 or more the problem arises it seems.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:45 AM, quickmic said:
2022-01-23 22:38:49.581 T:26136    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows: Skipping empty show Adem in, Adem uit: 631030
2022-01-23 22:38:49.589 T:26136   ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.core.tvshows: Unable to add series 631030
2022-01-23 22:38:49.589 T:26136    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows: No series id associated

You have several log records like the one above. Are these recorded ones/related to the issue?

If it has to do with series that don't have an ID, yes it could.

NOS Studio Sport does not have a tvdb id or other id.

A lot of Dutch tv shows do not have any ID.

If an ID is really needed why do they show up when I update manually?

Perhaps an auto update option (optional, like a manual update) for the Recordings library at Kodi startup?

And a direct link to the Recording library to refresh instead of going to refresh libraries and choose a library from there?

Than I can hit update recordings directly when this happens again.

Thanks 

Edited by heula

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

If it has to do with series that don't have an ID, yes it could.

NOS Studio Sport does not have a tvdb id or other id.

A lot of Dutch tv shows do not have any ID.

If an ID is really needed why do they show up when I update manually?

Perhaps an auto update option (optional, like a manual update) for the Recordings library at Kodi startup?

And a direct link to the Recording library to refresh instead of going to refresh libraries and choose a library from there?

Than I can hit update recordings directly when this happens again.

Thanks 

The ID is not a tvdb ID or anything like that. It's Emby server's TVShows ID.

Seasons and Episodes should be linked to a TVShow. If not, and that's exactly the error msg telling us, sync is not possible.

Not sure if it's technically possible in Kodi browsing Episodes not assigned to a TVShow. Even if it's possible, it makes no sense.

However, can you check if the episodes are link on Emby server to a TVShow?

btw, if the recordings are tagged as movies instead of TVShow you problem is solved. Not sure if you can set this parameter (on Emby server) for recordings.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER
6 hours ago, markdj said:

Thanks for checking but could you also test it with extra fanart possibly? One seems to work fine, but with 2 or more the problem arises it seems.

Sure I can do, if I'm back home. Just a question how is your extra-fanart organized?

Old way: Seperate "extrafanart" folder in the main tv show folder

or

New way: fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg and so on direct in the main tv show folder?

Edited by embyL0VER

20 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Sure I can do, if I'm back home. Just a question how is your extra-fanart organized?

Old way: Seperate "extrafanart" folder in the main tv show folder

or

New way: fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg and so on direct in the main tv show folder?

It’s organized in the new way.

quickmic

Update:

I found a music update sync bug in 6.2.7.

It will break music content once updated (after init sync it's fine). Will be fixed in 6.2.8...

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

embyL0VER

@quickmic and @markdj I can confirm the following behavior:

If you add more than one fanart for a tv show in emby (for example 3 background fanarts) and than remove two of them so that basically only one should be left, the files will correctly deleted on the storage but in Kodi (good to see if you have installed a skin with rotating background images) it will still make use of the two fanarts which shouldn't exist anymore.

If you than look in Kodi (in German) "Mehr / Fanart laden" you could see that fanart / fanart1 / fanart2 are still mapped to the show. Of course there should only be fanart left.

But I don't know if this is a Kodi caching bug or if it has something to do with emby-next-gen. @quickmic hope you understand what I mean, if not we can PM in German.

• Thanks 2

quickmic
15 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

@quickmic and @markdj I can confirm the following behavior:

If you add more than one fanart for a tv show in emby (for example 3 background fanarts) and than remove two of them so that basically only one should be left, the files will correctly deleted on the storage but in Kodi (good to see if you have installed a skin with rotating background images) it will still make use of the two fanarts which shouldn't exist anymore.

If you than look in Kodi (in German) "Mehr / Fanart laden" you could see that fanart / fanart1 / fanart2 are still mapped to the show. Of course there should only be fanart left.

But I don't know if this is a Kodi caching bug or if it has something to do with emby-next-gen. @quickmic hope you understand what I mean, if not we can PM in German.

Sounds like a multi backdrop issue. My tests never addressed multiple fanarts. Thanks, that's a very important information. I'll check, should be easy to fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:18 PM, quickmic said:

The ID is not a tvdb ID or anything like that. It's Emby server's TVShows ID.

Seasons and Episodes should be linked to a TVShow. If not, and that's exactly the error msg telling us, sync is not possible.

Not sure if it's technically possible in Kodi browsing Episodes not assigned to a TVShow. Even if it's possible, it makes no sense.

However, can you check if the episodes are link on Emby server to a TVShow?

btw, if the recordings are tagged as movies instead of TVShow you problem is solved. Not sure if you can set this parameter (on Emby server) for recordings.

This is the tvshow.nfo of Studio Sport Eredivisie. It doe have a tvdb id.

All my recordings are seen as tv shows and are visible in Emby but just don't show up in Kodi with Next Gen. When this happens I do a manual refresh for my recordings libary in Kodi and than the missing one(s) do show up as expected in the first place.

More weird is that I have 2 Shield TV devices running Kodi and when I check those devices I do see the missing recordings that are not visible on the other Shield TV.

So to me it still is hit or miss if my recordings will appear or not.

tvshow.nfo

Edited by heula

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

This is the tvshow.nfo of Studio Sport Eredivisie. It doe have a tvdb id.

All my recordings are seen as tv shows and are visible in Emby but just don't show up in Kodi with Next Gen. When this happens I do a manual refresh for my recordings libary in Kodi and than the missing one(s) do show up as expected in the first place.

More weird is that I have 2 Shield TV devices running Kodi and when I check those devices I do see the missing recordings that are not visible on the other Shield TV.

So to me it still is hit or miss if my recordings will appear or not.

tvshow.nfo 1.94 kB · 1 download

Have you tried to set the synctime/date back a few hours and restart Kodi?

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Have you tried to set the synctime/date back a few hours and restart Kodi?

No, where do I set this back?