Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support


quickmic

Recommended Posts

On 1/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, quickmic said:

New (experimental) version available.

http://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.8-build 3.zip

 

deltachanges:

- fix music update sync
- fix fanart artwork
- Change internal ports to 57341 and 57342 due to xbox limitations

 

Unfortunately, this version requires a FULL db resync due to port changes. That's the reason why tagged as experimental. I don't wanna push it in Emby kodi repo before the version was tested.

@spyflex Please test on xbox

 

@markdjPlease verify artwork (fanart)

 

I've just installed and test it, and it works.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kononvaler

Hi. How I can connect to two Emby servers ?

And, when a choice of servers is offered at the initial connection, if I choose the second one, the first (upper) server well be connected.

Edited by kononvaler
add text
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, kononvaler said:

And, when a choice of servers is offered at the initial connection, if I choose the second one, the first (upper) server well be connected.

Not sure why, do they have the same Emby name? This could be an issue, never tested that. -> Must be something specific to you usecase.

Regular way to connect (when you start from scratch):

Follow the wizard -> one server connected.

Go to plugin menu, select "connect to server" -> select second server, and that's it.

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kononvaler
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not sure why, do they have the same Emby name?

No, completely different names.
Only if you turn off the "upper" server, only then is it possible to connect with the right one.
I tried the "Enter manually" option, the result is the same. In the best case, if there is no such user on the first server, it will give a login error, and if there is a user on both servers, then the only way is to reset the plugin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kononvaler said:

No, completely different names.
Only if you turn off the "upper" server, only then is it possible to connect with the right one.
I tried the "Enter manually" option, the result is the same. In the best case, if there is no such user on the first server, it will give a login error, and if there is a user on both servers, then the only way is to reset the plugin.

send me a kodi.log please. As mentioned, must be something specific to you use case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, quickmic said:

plugin config menu

Today I had 2 recordings that did not appear, not while recording and not after the recording was finisht.

At first I set it back for a few hours and still nothing. Than I turned it back 24 hours and both recordings did appear.

VI Vandaag and Ziggo Sport: Rondo.

I hope this helps solving this because it only happens with recordings and nothing else.

 

Thanks.

kodi.log

tvshow VI Vandaag.nfo tvshow Ziggo Sport Rondo.nfo

Edited by heula
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, heula said:

Today I had 2 recordings that did not appear, not while recording and not after the recording was finisht.

At first I set it back for a few hours and still nothing. Than I turned it back 24 hours and both recordings did appear.

VI Vandaag and Ziggo Sport: Rondo.

I hope this helps solving this because it only happens with recordings and nothing else.

 

Thanks.

kodi.log 282.83 kB · 0 downloads

tvshow VI Vandaag.nfo 2.32 kB · 0 downloads tvshow Ziggo Sport Rondo.nfo 2.89 kB · 0 downloads

I assume it's always the same:

"No series id associated"

At the moment the Episode was pushed to Kodi there was no series info available therefore the plugin skipped the Episode.

 

The "No series id associated" came BEFORE the TV Shows was added:

"ADD tvshow [787/146] 640520: VI Vandaag"

I'm not sure if I can fix that. If Emby server pushes the Episode before the TVShows was assigned, that's a real problem.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @quickmic

Can we expect a stable version any time soon?

PS: I didn’t test a lot, but latest test version 6.2.8 is marking movies as watched, even if you just played it for 5 or 10 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Onana said:

Hi @quickmic

Can we expect a stable version any time soon?

PS: I didn’t test a lot, but latest test version 6.2.8 is marking movies as watched, even if you just played it for 5 or 10 minutes.

End of February is my current target date but depends. 6.2.8 should be he next stable version, but you reported a bug 😉

I'll check the issue, does it always happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Onana said:

PS: I didn’t test a lot, but latest test version 6.2.8 is marking movies as watched, even if you just played it for 5 or 10 minutes.

I performed a quick test with movie and seek to 10/20 minutes. Icon on Kodi correct, resumepoint correct.

Stopped Kodi, restarted. Icon correct, resumepoint correct.

I need a test case.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I uninstalled it and returned to 6.2.7, I’m just testing versions on nvidia shield after update to android 11. Probably it was something I did wrong.

Emby for kodi is working fine on android 11. Fingers crossed. 🙂

Plex kodi connect for example is giving me lots of problems with 19.3 and skin embuary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Onana said:

Well, I uninstalled it and returned to 6.2.7, I’m just testing versions on nvidia shield after update to android 11. Probably it was something I did wrong.

Emby for kodi is working fine on android 11. Fingers crossed. 🙂

Plex kodi connect for example is giving me lots of problems with 19.3 and skin embuary.

Well, there shouldn't be any differences compared with 6.2.8. There are just minor fixes included. Nothing related to sync/progress updates.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

Have you tried to create a custom widget for it? I see that Emby favourites are available in the menu but I don't use the favourite function myself.

This works by creating a custom widget for it. It used to auto display it on the Embruary Favourites, not sure if it will show up again if i re-setup embruary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume it's always the same:

"No series id associated"

At the moment the Episode was pushed to Kodi there was no series info available therefore the plugin skipped the Episode.

 

The "No series id associated" came BEFORE the TV Shows was added:

"ADD tvshow [787/146] 640520: VI Vandaag"

I'm not sure if I can fix that. If Emby server pushes the Episode before the TVShows was assigned, that's a real problem.

 

That's too bad. I also have a Plex server running on my Shield TV and when I compare Plex with Emby Next Gen, the TV shows that are being recorded at that moment are just visible. They are also visible in Emby itself. It remains a pity that it will not work in Next Gen and that it depends on ID etc. whether it is visible or not.

A direct link to "update recordings" would also be nice as a workaround. If I don't see the recordings, I will have them visible in no time via this direct link.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New test to show you what I see.

3 new test recordings are recording now. Visible in Emby and Plex but not in Kodi Next Gen.

Not in recorded tv shows and not in recorded movies. (Why can't they be combined in just one Recorded library item like in Emby itself?)

 

2022-02-02 12_09_13-Emby.png

2022-02-02 12_08_53-Plex.png

2022-02-02 12_12_24-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

2022-02-02 12_11_41-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

2022-02-02 12_11_07-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

kodi.log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, heula said:

New test to show you what I see.

3 new test recordings are recording now. Visible in Emby and Plex but not in Kodi Next Gen.

Not in recorded tv shows and not in recorded movies. (Why can't they be combined in just one Recorded library item like in Emby itself?)

 

2022-02-02 12_09_13-Emby.png

2022-02-02 12_08_53-Plex.png

2022-02-02 12_12_24-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

2022-02-02 12_11_41-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

2022-02-02 12_11_07-HOME-SERVER - VNC Viewer.png

kodi.log 168.71 kB · 0 downloads

Well, Kodi has no database for recordings. You can leave them unsynced and use dynamic lists or you sync them. If synced it needs to fit in some Kodi understandable category.

Movies, TVSHows, Musicvideos, Music is possible to sync to Kodi.

Emby server categorized the recordings and send this info for rec content:

- Type: Recording

- MediaType: IsSeries

If Recording has "IsSeries" metadata, the plugin treats it like a TVSHows. A Kodi TVShow requires mandatory Series info. Season is optional as far as I know.

I think that's what causes the issue. Series info not available when the new episode was pushed via realtime update to Kodi. The Series info was pushed after the episode.

Anyway, yes I can treat all recordings as movies and ignore the MediaType. In this case, the issue should not appear. That's why I asked, if you set up Emby server that all your recordings are movies (at least as a test).

Also only realtime updates are affected. A complete sync or setting back the sync date will sync the content correctly. At this point, Emby server assigned for the recorded Episodes a Series and Kodi/plugin is happy.

I ASSUME Emby server sends the realtime (new episode) notification right after recording was started or immediately after recording finished. At this point, Emby server hasn't updated all crosslinks.

Also a possible option would be, sync recordings ALWAYS on Kodi start again (due to "special" startup timestamps -> same as for boxset updates.

But the realtime update issue as it is, cannot be fixed on plugin side. A sophisticate analyses of Emby server realtime msgs/timing etc with multiple test cases are required.

 

Following is just one test case identifing the EXACT issue and probably talk with the Emby devs.

What if a series exists (due to previous recordings of the same show) and just the episode was new.

This would verify if the series itself was missing at the point the new episode info was published (via Websocket) or it's just an issue with the assignment of the episode.

 

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, Kodi has no database for recordings. You can leave them unsynced and use dynamic lists or you sync them. If synced it needs to fit in some Kodi understandable category.

Movies, TVSHows, Musicvideos, Music is possible to sync to Kodi.

Emby server categorized the recordings and send this info for rec content:

- Type: Recording

- MediaType: IsSeries

If Recording has "IsSeries" metadata, the plugin treats it like a TVSHows. A Kodi TVShow requires mandatory Series info. Season is optional as far as I know.

I think that's what causes the issue. Series info not available when the new episode was pushed via realtime update to Kodi. The Series info was pushed after the episode.

Anyway, yes I can treat all recordings as movies and ignore the MediaType. In this case, the issue should not appear. That's why I asked, if you set up Emby server that all your recordings are movies (at least as a test).

Also only realtime updates are affected. A complete sync or setting back the sync date will sync the content correctly. At this point, Emby server assigned for the recorded Episodes a Series and Kodi/plugin is happy.

I ASSUME Emby server sends the realtime (new episode) notification right after recording was started or immediately after recording finished. At this point, Emby server hasn't updated all crosslinks.

Also a possible option would be, sync recordings ALWAYS on Kodi start again (due to "special" startup timestamps -> same as for boxset updates.

But the realtime update issue as it is, cannot be fixed on plugin side. A sophisticate analyses of Emby server realtime msgs/timing etc with multiple test cases are required.

 

Following is just one test case identifing the EXACT issue and probably talk with the Emby devs.

What if a series exists (due to previous recordings of the same show) and just the episode was new.

This would verify if the series itself was missing at the point the new episode info was published (via Websocket) or it's just an issue with the assignment of the episode.

 

 

I'll try to sync recordings again on Kodi startup, no matter if they are already pusblished via realtime updates. I hope this will work/is possible. (this is something for 7.X)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @quickmic

Well I try 6.2.8 again and now I’m getting a lot of these errors on kodi log.

2022-02-02 22:40:22.207 T:3265    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279333-0-Primary-c19c756473cc5139efbbe7e85ff86139

2022-02-02 22:40:22.208 T:3270    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279270-0-Primary-59db53d7c2b1c5dfa59cd52f3547373b

2022-02-02 22:40:22.208 T:3298    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279134-0-Primary-adfe97604f6f29ef0ec956f1d7eb318a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Onana said:

Hi @quickmic

Well I try 6.2.8 again and now I’m getting a lot of these errors on kodi log.

2022-02-02 22:40:22.207 T:3265    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279333-0-Primary-c19c756473cc5139efbbe7e85ff86139

2022-02-02 22:40:22.208 T:3270    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279270-0-Primary-59db53d7c2b1c5dfa59cd52f3547373b

2022-02-02 22:40:22.208 T:3298    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-0d2b5bdf549043c8879145a0a66148e5-3279134-0-Primary-adfe97604f6f29ef0ec956f1d7eb318a

Reboot your box. Webservice not started correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Reboot your box. Webservice not started correctly.

It’s a Nvidia shield. As anything to do with the upgrade to android 11 (yet I have all hotfixes that nvidia published) ?

I'm using embuary as main skin. When I choose reload skin the errors seems to disappear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Onana said:

It’s a Nvidia shield. As anything to do with the upgrade to android 11 (yet I have all hotfixes that nvidia published) ?

I'm using embuary as main skin. When I choose reload skin the errors seems to disappear.

Are the errors only after Kodi start/top of the kodi.log? In this case it's normal. Webservice takes a while till up and running.

Send me a kodi.log an I'll review it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well, Kodi has no database for recordings. You can leave them unsynced and use dynamic lists or you sync them. If synced it needs to fit in some Kodi understandable category.

Movies, TVSHows, Musicvideos, Music is possible to sync to Kodi.

Emby server categorized the recordings and send this info for rec content:

- Type: Recording

- MediaType: IsSeries

If Recording has "IsSeries" metadata, the plugin treats it like a TVSHows. A Kodi TVShow requires mandatory Series info. Season is optional as far as I know.

I think that's what causes the issue. Series info not available when the new episode was pushed via realtime update to Kodi. The Series info was pushed after the episode.

Anyway, yes I can treat all recordings as movies and ignore the MediaType. In this case, the issue should not appear. That's why I asked, if you set up Emby server that all your recordings are movies (at least as a test).

Also only realtime updates are affected. A complete sync or setting back the sync date will sync the content correctly. At this point, Emby server assigned for the recorded Episodes a Series and Kodi/plugin is happy.

I ASSUME Emby server sends the realtime (new episode) notification right after recording was started or immediately after recording finished. At this point, Emby server hasn't updated all crosslinks.

Also a possible option would be, sync recordings ALWAYS on Kodi start again (due to "special" startup timestamps -> same as for boxset updates.

But the realtime update issue as it is, cannot be fixed on plugin side. A sophisticate analyses of Emby server realtime msgs/timing etc with multiple test cases are required.

 

Following is just one test case identifing the EXACT issue and probably talk with the Emby devs.

What if a series exists (due to previous recordings of the same show) and just the episode was new.

This would verify if the series itself was missing at the point the new episode info was published (via Websocket) or it's just an issue with the assignment of the episode.

 

 

Most of my recordings are existing tv shows so they are added as a serie.

Non existing recordings are always added as a movie in Kodi and I really hate that. Isn't there a way to add a tag to each recording that it is a serie. Than all my recordings will be placed in just one folder in Kodi.

Non existing recordings also do have a problem with getting the right tv show id within Emby because there is no option to identify tv shows in the metadatamanager. To have that option available for TV shows I need to delete the created nfo file wich is a movie nfo file.

 

If all recordings are added as a tv show (serie) than it has a better chance to find the right info from thetvdb in my opinion because now it searches for movies info and that is always the wrong info. When a tv show is added with the wrong info I can easily adjust it within the metadatamanager by identifying the right tv show.

The option to sync the recordings at startup would be nice but when I open my Shield TV Kodi is not always shut down and I go on where I left off. Is it possible to sync when this happens also? If not I still like the direct button to sync my recordings library to do it manually.

 

Thanks.

 

2022-02-03 10_12_24-Metadata Manager.png

2022-02-03 10_12_46-Metadata Manager.png

Edited by heula
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a embyforkodi next-gen problem or Kodi problem

Recently a lot of the time when playing files from my Nas it freezes shortly after starting play.

video freezes and busy icon spins and can't resume it playing 

Freezes happen in same spot no matter how many times I try playing it

The files play fine in Emby though

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Glyde62
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glyde62 said:

Not sure if this is a embyforkodi next-gen problem or Kodi problem

Recently a lot of the time when playing files from my Nas it freezes shortly after starting play.

video freezes and busy icon spins and can't resume it playing 

Freezes happen in same spot no matter how many times I try playing it

The files play fine in Emby though

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also not sure, you can try disable/enable http2 support if you use 6.2.7 or 6.2.8.

Sounds a bit like the NVidia shield issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...