USB Installation problem

ricky_buyo

ricky_buyo

Good morning

I am having an issue with the usb installation. I insert the usb into the TV, but it doesn't automatically install the software. I have followed all the instrutions:

- put the userwidget folder in the root of the usb

- format the usb 2.0 to fat16

My TV is Samsung UE50RU7105

Any advice?

(I can also post in Spanish)

FrostByte

Also, if you had a previous version installed it will not install.  Most people have to uninstall then reinstall from usb.  Usually if there is just the one pop up in the upper right corner it could not find the install files, or you had a previous version installed and it couldn't start the install

ricky_buyo

Nothing happens. It detects the usb, allows me to see the folder inside... but the installation doesn’t start.

No, there is no previous version of emby

mgworek
On 9/20/2020 at 2:28 AM, ricky_buyo said:

Good morning

I am having an issue with the usb installation. I insert the usb into the TV, but it doesn't automatically install the software. I have followed all the instrutions:

- put the userwidget folder in the root of the usb

- format the usb 2.0 to fat16

My TV is Samsung UE50RU7105

Any advice?

(I can also post in Spanish)

The last time I tried, within the last month, I had issues as well. I uninstalled, unplugged tv. I got it working but taking the contents in the userwidget folder and copying them to the root. Then it installed. Copying the folder to root didn't do anything for me.

ricky_buyo
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where are you located? Are you able to install from the store?

I am in Spain, so I think I can't install Emby from the store

ricky_buyo
8 minutes ago, mgworek said:

The last time I tried, within the last month, I had issues as well. I uninstalled, unplugged tv. I got it working but taking the contents in the userwidget folder and copying them to the root. Then it installed. Copying the folder to root didn't do anything for me.

Do you mean unzipping the 2 files from the userwidget folder directly into the root? I tried, but nothing happens. 

mgworek
4 minutes ago, ricky_buyo said:

Do you mean unzipping the 2 files from the userwidget folder directly into the root? I tried, but nothing happens. 

yea. That's what worked for me. I will double check my usb stick when I get home, it's still in the tv.

FrostByte
3 hours ago, ricky_buyo said:

Nothing happens. It detects the usb, allows me to see the folder inside... but the installation doesn’t start.

No, there is no previous version of emby

Even if you didn't have Emby install files on the usb you should at least get the first pop up in the upper right corner asking if you want to browse the usb disc. Hopefully you are getting that.

Is the only thing on your usb the userwidget folder and the 2 files inside the folder?

\userwidget

\userwidget\emby.tmg

\userwidget\widget.license

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Well that's interesting. If that's true then we might have different install methods based on different models. @FrostByte @SamES

I just tried it without the userwidget folder and all it did was display the pop up asking if I wanted to browse the usb disc.  Without the userwidget folder it doesn't start the install.  @mgworek what model TV do you have?

FrostByte

@ricky_buyo are you using a usb drive?  I've tried my western digital passport and it doesn't work for me.  I had to use a thumb drive or stick  

Also, how big is your thumb drive?

Another thing, does your usb have a write protect on it?  If it does make sure you can write to the usb because the install process will need to write.

ricky_buyo
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

@ricky_buyo are you using a usb drive?  I've tried my western digital passport and it doesn't work for me.  I had to use a thumb drive or stick  

Also, how big is your thumb drive?

Another thing, does your usb have a write protect on it?  If it does make sure you can write to the usb because the install process will need to write.

Yes, I do get the message to browse the usb, but the installation does not start. I am going to try the “universal solution” and restart to factory settings. I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

ricky_buyo

FIXED

As I said, I have restored to factory settings and started the process all over again. Don't ask me why, but it worked.

Thanks everybody for your help & time

• Like 2

FrostByte
1 hour ago, ricky_buyo said:

FIXED

As I said, I have restored to factory settings and started the process all over again. Don't ask me why, but it worked.

Thanks everybody for your help & time

Great, thanks for reporting back.  I'm sure this will help someone else in the future

• 2 weeks later...
springbok0

I'm having the exact same problem with installation on a Samsung Smart TV. Tried multiple USB sticks. I guess I should try the factory reset method and try again. I'm a bit puzzled as to why the app isn't in the Samsung store for all regions? I was quite disappointed to find this after subscribing.

1 hour ago, springbok0 said:

I'm having the exact same problem with installation on a Samsung Smart TV. Tried multiple USB sticks. I guess I should try the factory reset method and try again. I'm a bit puzzled as to why the app isn't in the Samsung store for all regions? I was quite disappointed to find this after subscribing.

Hi, unfortunately Samsung makes its pretty hard to release worldwide. More info can be found here:

Thanks.

springbok0
On 04/10/2020 at 17:01, Luke said:

Hi, unfortunately Samsung makes its pretty hard to release worldwide. More info can be found here:

Thanks.

Thanks Luke. Would have thought Samsung would have made the process a bit slicker than that. Resetting the TV and inserting the USB seems to have worked though.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
psxlover

Perhaps you had installed the application already, but you had no shortcut installed. So when you tried installing a new version it didn't work (as Frostbyte said you need to uninstall older versions otherwise the installation wont start)

Next time try going into Apps -> Settings and see if it appears there.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Some people in the past have deleted the Home shortcut and thought it's also deleting the app, but it doesn't

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

- USB is 3,4 gb

- Tizen.rar file on the usb
- Unpack with the maps on the usb

- Tried different usb''s, all formatted to FAT16

- Tried resetting the tv

I only can browse to the map, Tizen, Userwidget, but tv cant find the files in the map. 

Also no pop-up when the USB is on FAT16, it does when its on FAT32

Help :(

7 hours ago, CogyG said:

I have the same problem.

- USB is 3,4 gb

- Tizen.rar file on the usb
- Unpack with the maps on the usb

- Tried different usb''s, all formatted to FAT16

- Tried resetting the tv

I only can browse to the map, Tizen, Userwidget, but tv cant find the files in the map. 

Also no pop-up when the USB is on FAT16, it does when its on FAT32

Help :(

Hi, what model do you have?